GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Wednesday December 7, 2011

Ryan McCabe Brunn was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the River Ridge apartment complex. He was a maintenance worker at the complex, where Jorelys lived, according to GBI Director Vernon Keenan.

The charges include one count of false statements and one count of murder. His first court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Cherokee County Justice Center in downtown Canton.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...nce-worker-arrested-in-Jorelys-Riveras-murder

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The body of Jorelys Rivera was found Monday afternoon in a metal trash bin, the GBI said. Jorelys, who had been missing since Friday, had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted, according to Vernon Keenan, director of the GBI.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/police-find-body-of-1249642.html

A 7-year-old Canton girl whose body was discovered Monday died of blunt force trauma to the head and stab wounds, the GBI said Tuesday. Jorelys Rivera had also been sexually assaulted, GBI Director Vernon Keenan said at a news conference in Canton.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/canton-girl-died-of-1252353.html

Rest in Peace, Jorelys

jorelys_1206280c.jpg

Jorelys Rivera
August 20, 2004-December 2, 2011

I'm real curious about the brother that was supposed to be on JVM and then had a bad connection and was supposed to call back - but never showed up again.

I really want to know what this "odd back story" on this creep is. I do think they have the right guy but I also think they are going to do everything they can to try to pin it on or include anyone and everyone else they can. Its the "defense spin" that we always see.

Anyone got a link to that search warrant or whatever the Associated Press said they had gotten?

As for the trash compactor, we have 2 like that where I work. They have a scheduled pick up from the trash removal company. They pick it up, dump it off site, then return it empty or bring a replacement. Wonder if he knew the schedule? I bet Monday was supposed to be a pick up day but LE held the dumpster instead. Maybe a cadaver dog sat, therefore they held it until the company could pick it up for them.

Was the mattress in the dumpster or found in the apartment?

I think he may have thought he was in the clear by using the compactor and knew the schedule. I thought the mattress was also in the compactor, so if anyone knows different, please advise.

The mattress was in the vacant apt.

I'm real curious about the brother that was supposed to be on JVM and then had a bad connection and was supposed to call back - but never showed up again.

I really want to know what this "odd back story" on this creep is. I do think they have the right guy but I also think they are going to do everything they can to try to pin it on or include anyone and everyone else they can. Its the "defense spin" that we always see.

Anyone got a link to that search warrant or whatever the Associated Press said they had gotten?

I refuse to call it "odd", but I think it has to do with the fact that RB's grandfather has had no contact with his daughter or "that side of the family" for over 10 years... beyond that I won't comment.
OK so maybe it's not the "norm" but every family has it's problems...
at least all the families I know.:innocent:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to clear up some confusion.

We will allow the topic of adoption to be discussed.

We know many adoptive families are loving and wonderful but just like non-adoptive families sometimes things happen that contribute to the behavior of monsters.

I have no idea if this perp's family was awful or weird but we need to discuss the WHY he did what he did so we can learn from it and hopefully prevent this from happening.

Adopted or not a person's upbringing is very important when it comes to their actions as an adult.

I do know this perp's grandfather said he has not spoken to the perp's mother in years. There is a major rift there for some reason. I heard this on Jane tonight.

It is also true that sometimes adopted children have issues because they are adopted. Not all but some.

As long as we don't go overboard with things like, "the adoptive mother is a monster". You know what you can and cannot do.

The moderators on this forum work their behinds off to make sure the topics are discussed in a mature and fair manner. If there is any confusion in this area it is totally my fault and not theirs.

Thank you,
Tricia

I believe it was after she was found.

I wonder if RB kept them away from that apartment since he was involved in some of the searches. And also weren't the LE searching his apartment earlier in the week?

LE searched his apt and then impounded his car. Mike Brooks said tonight that his apt (along with the vacant one which is the crime scene) are still under LE guard and have not been released.

HELP! I have photos I took today of the open field where they moved the dumpster and the empty dumpster is still there. Can someone tell me how to upload them so I can share them.

I wonder if RB kept them away from that apartment since he was involved in some of the searches. And also weren't the LE searching his apartment earlier in the week?

I believe he showed up to search because as an employee he was required to do so. He might not have otherwise... then again :waitasec: who knows!
MOO
I think late Mon or early Tues they started the search of his apt. MAYBE after they found her and He***er (don't know her initials) reported what he had said to her when the little boy went "missing" a few weeks ago...

LE searched his apt and then impounded his car. Mike Brooks said tonight that his apt (along with the vacant one which is the crime scene) are still under LE guard and have not been released.

I was trying to connect some dots. The lady on NG tonight said that after he searched with her husband they did not see him again I think after Sunday. I wondered where he was when they were searching his apartment and taking things out of it. I believe that was also reported. He must have surely known they were coming for him. I wonder why he didn't run.

I would think he was probably being interviewed. I know it was said that he had been interviewed by LE early on - but maybe they took him downtown for a while once they checked the WalMart footage and found out he was never there.

I was trying to connect some dots. The lady on NG tonight said that after he searched with her husband they did not see him again I think after Sunday. I wondered where he was when they were searching his apartment and taking things out of it. I believe that was also reported. He must have surely known they were coming for him.
I wonder why he didn't run.

According to some unofficial sources his room mate did.
JVM was to interview the brother of RB but his connection had too much interference maybe he will be on tomorrow?

Fox5News local news...

- Brunn's older brother says GBI has been to family home in Dahlonega several times in the last few days, says brother would never do this, didn't even own a pocket knife, he was on phone w/Ryan when he was arrested, somebody knows something about this and they're not coming forward, things don't add up, older brother has a 1 year old child and he's always been good with him, thinks someone else is involved, can't believe his brother did this

- John Walsh talking about how parents of a murdered child feels

- Brunn's first court appearance tomorrow afternoon

Was RB's room mate also a maintenance man? Or just the friend that got him the job? The son of the manager too right?
The same manager that refused to listen to 4 reports of women being bothered or attacked in the past?

I don't think (and this is completely MOO) that the roommate ran. The roommate's mom worked in the office of the complex and got RB the job.

Again, MOO, that roommate knows and, more especially SAW a whole lot. Maybe even saw the clothes he was wearing when he got back to the apt right afterward.

Possibly LE has the roommate at an undisclosed location - maybe mom's? Keep him laying low until its all sorted out. I know if it was my son's roommate - I would be hysterical and want him kept safe until its all finished. KWIM?

Tricia, Thanks for clearing up what can and what cannot be discussed about adoption.:)

When I came over to the new thread and once again saw these pictures of angel JR, I can't imagine someone committing such a vicious crime against an innocent little girl. No one- especially a little child, deserves to die this way. :(
I hope Jorely was unconscious when she was attacked. No child should feel fear as their last emotion on earth. imo

Earlier today, there was an article that reported RB said he was at Wal-Mart when Jorylys went missing. Seems like one or more people backed up this story and then, came clean to LE and admitted to lying. Why would anyone lie to LE during a child murder investigation? Who are these people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme