Woman steals flowers from grave of child

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16126107

10:20am UK, Thursday December 08, 2011

They have some very clear pictures of her.

Robert, who was 11, was killed after being hit by a car in 1980.

Items disappeared from his grave, Robert is buried next to his parents. A cousin got frustrated with flowers and items disappearing from Robert's grave and set up a camera after notes asking for the person taking things to not do so, a camera caught the woman. They now need other's to ID her.

:waitasec: I'd love to hear her rationalization for this.

she obviously needs psychiatric help IMO

why would she target the grave of a boy I wonder?

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16126107

10:20am UK, Thursday December 08, 2011

They have some very clear pictures of her.

Items disappeared from his grave, Robert is buried next to his parents. A cousin got frustrated with flowers and items disappearing from Robert's grave and set up a camera after notes asking for the person taking things to not do so, a camera caught the woman. They now need other's to ID her.

:waitasec: I'd love to hear her rationalization for this.

Bet it goes something like this "well the dead kid certainly doesn't know any different. Not like he can enjoy em"

Some people man :shakehead:

Bet it goes something like this "well the dead kid certainly doesn't know any different. Not like he can enjoy em"

Some people man :shakehead:

My thought was she probably puts them on her husband's or baby's grave. Maybe she can't afford to do it, and it looks and sounds like the one she's stealing from is regularly cared for. It's not ok whatever the reason...but I'm hoping it's something that isn't evil at heart.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16112754

Her daughter recognized her.

Berta Manzanero, of Green Lane, Dagenham, admitted stealing four flower pots from Rippleside Cemetery, Barking, in November. She has been fined £300

(300 British pounds sterling = 469.8900 US dollars) for reference.

Kaushik Ramdhary, for the defence, said: "On that day she went to visit relatives and on her way back she saw some beautiful flowers and put them in her bag.

"She is fond of flowers and on that particular day these flowers caught her eye. It was impulsive."

She also had to pay a fine of 30 pounds for compensation after she pled guilty.

(30 pounds rounds up to about 47 US dollars, just posting as reference for those that are like me and can't convert in their head :))

This type of thing happens all too often! Its so maddening! I have an infant son buried in a small cemetary in Connecticut, and frequently we come by to find things missing. Birdbaths and statuary, toys, and tiny christmas trees have all been taken. Its disgusting to me. Many of those items were one of a kind given to me in my darkest hours. I cannot replace them. there is no mistaking that his gravesite is a child, his headstone reads "our baby boy" I somehow find stealing from a babys grave more offensive than an adult. I of course do not think its ever acceptable. you just dont know how much it hurts a relative who has placed a treasured item there to find it gone. People need to respect others. just a sad little glimpse into our civlization I suppose

Wow - I'd like to hear the back story on this. Did she visit a grave often? Why was she there? She brought a bag with her, so is this a habit/premeditation? Is she a florist and does she go on to sell the flowers on the street?

Is she mental?

You have to have some kind of mentality to even contemplate doing something so horrid.

I'm glad her daughter turned her in. I can imagine "mom" is gonna have to live with that shame for the rest of her life!

MOO

Mel

If she was that desparate for flowers why couldn't she just go and pick some wildflowers? Stealing off a child's grave, good grief how low can you go.

After my Dad died, I made him a "blanket" for his grave for Christmas. It was made out of indoor/outdoor green carpet with evergreens and Christmas greenery and ribbons on it. My children helped me place it on his grave around Thanksgiving. By Christmas, it was gone. It was heartbreaking to know that someone took something from this Wonderful Man even in death. My DH has family buried i another town and flowers are placed on a regular basis and on a regular basis they are stolen. This has been going on for 20+ years. I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.

Makes me mad and sad all in the same thought.
We've had many things stolen off of our loved ones graves, young and old, and it cuts to the core. I've had people tell me just stop doing it, and I have cut back but I really should be able to decorate the site without other people, who have no business touching those things, taking them. My brother and I purchased a bench to put out by my dad's and they even stole that. I have yet to replace it because of the fear that someone will come take it again. I've wondered if it was people visiting the cemetery that takes these things or the caretakers of the cemeteries.
Shame on the takers of peoples things that don't belong to them.

ETA it was a very heavy cement bench. If I replace it I will have my dad's name engraved on the next one.

Gentle, understanding and heartfelt (((hugs))) to all of us who have dealt with the further trauma of finding our loved one(s)' graves stolen from. I have had precious items taken from my babies' graves as well. I was so uplifted just last month when I found someone had anonymously brought two sweet little porcelain angels to my girls' resting place. I also felt a good "God nudge" when I found everything intact on Christmas. Hope everyone had a restful and peaceful holiday. Peace XOXO

Sick all I can say. This is Hell worthy. :furious:

Luckily, nothing has ever been stolen off of any of our family graves but I know it's not uncommon to have this happen. There was a mother/daughter team arrested in the area a few years back for stealing off of graves. When they were caught, they had a trunk full of flowers.

http://www.kmbc.com/r/16474433/detail.html

This is very sad. Impulsive? Sneaky and mean, more like it. Flowers had gone missing repeatedly, not just once. Doesn't sound impulsive to me.

Redbridge Magistrates' Court heard the pensioner suffered depression after her 40-year-old son killed himself.

Manzanero's mother and husband also died after her son's death and she visited their graves at the Barking cemetery.

I think something went awry in her brain after the deaths and I hope, at 71 years old, it's possible for her to get the appropriate psychiatric help she needs.

That does cast things in a rather different light. I was thinking of her as a really low down, selfish person, but it seems more like she had some kind of storm in her head. Maybe she didn't even know she was taking off someone else's grave.

A case for the psychiatrists I think, not the prison system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back