1127 users online (231 members and 896 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Bullying Presentation EDUC1301 (by a friend)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikkFq3h2NiA&feature=player_embedded"]Bullying Presentation EDUC1301 - YouTube[/ame]

thanks so much for this. I have linked it on FB and hope it will be reposted by my friends.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    I've also linked on facebook and on our middle school page. Thanks, very good video.

Thumbs up This is excellent!

As a former victim of bullying in the late 60's- through all of 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, my life was a living hell!!! Thank-you so much for this presentation. I only wish it had been presented to schoolchildren, teachers, and parents in the 60's.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I've also linked on facebook and on our middle school page. Thanks, very good video.
    Well, unfortunately our Middle school deleted the link. The school simply will NOT acknowledge that any problems exists, out of fear of sullying their (false) reputation as one of the best schools in the state.

what possible reason could the middle school have for deleting a link such as this. I mean I get what you say their reason is, but they aren't exactly say that's the reason. What do they claim the reason was? Cause I sure can't for the life of me figure out what their public excuse is.

Sad

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    what possible reason could the middle school have for deleting a link such as this. I mean I get what you say their reason is, but they aren't exactly say that's the reason. What do they claim the reason was? Cause I sure can't for the life of me figure out what their public excuse is.

Sad
    They gave no official explanation. From past experiences with them I am surmising that they don't want any hint of a problem associated with their school. They're an IB school and want to attract students and funds.

They'd like to PRETEND that there is no bullying problem therefore a link to a video about stopping bullying is not acceptable to them. Turning a blind eye is a pretty common response from schools and parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    They gave no official explanation. From past experiences with them I am surmising that they don't want any hint of a problem associated with their school. They're an IB school and want to attract students and funds.

They'd like to PRETEND that there is no bullying problem therefore a link to a video about stopping bullying is not acceptable to them. Turning a blind eye is a pretty common response from schools and parents.
    In some cases they took it to far and end up destroying their reputation of the school, town, state, and even America's image. Case in point, South Hadley, Massachusetts, a true disgrace.
    Last edited by HMSHood; 12-12-2011 at 01:36 PM.

I hope it's OK to bump this video today...please watch and show it to someone else ....maybe it will help a child who is feeling alone today because of being bullied.

Thanks!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington