Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

GetSmart

Reaction score
A 25-year-old KEVIN SWEAT was charged Friday with first-degree murder in the fatal shootings of two young girls found on a dirt road near Weleetka in 2008.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor...-in-weleetka-murders-20111209,0,6153324.story

Kevin Sweat, 25, Henrietta OK, charged.

Max Cook, Okfuskee Co. D.A.: "We were always hopeful we would come to this point....at times we had our doubts....on this day I have also filed a bill of particulars in this case [filed in death penalty cases] in both cases involving Mr Sweat."

Nothing before the death of [Sweat's girlfriend] Ashley Taylor to indicate Sweat was directly involved in Weleeka Girls's deaths.

"Still working on establishing motive."

Information "began to evolve in late August."

"At this time we're not looking for any further suspects."

"We believe the gun we're looking for was his gun in his possession at the time of the murders."

PRAISE THE LORD ... a LONG DAY COMING

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...leetka-girls/2011/12/09/gIQAD9lgiO_story.html
25-year-old Oklahoma man charged with first-degree murder in deaths of 2 Weleetka girls

By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, December 9, 3:49 PM

OKEMAH, Okla. — A 25-year-old man was charged Friday with first-degree murder in the fatal shootings of two young girls found on a dirt road near Weleetka in 2008.
Thirteen-year-old Taylor Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker were killed after going for a walk on an unpaved road less than a half-mile from Placker’s home. They had been headed for Bad Creek Bridge, where they planned to wade through waist-high weeds to the river bank to collect shells and pebbles.

tHANKS BELIEVE i WAS WORKING ON GETTING US OUR LINKS..

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL NANCY GRACE !! i WANT TO SEE HER TELL THIS ..

I was SO Excited, I couldnt help it.

From the links-

First Degree Murder charges were filed Friday afternoon by District Attorney Max Cook against 25-year-old Kevin Sweat for the June 2008 murders of 13-year-old Taylor Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker. The friends were shot multiple times as they played close to Placker’s home near Weleetka.

Praying for Justice for these two girls! I never thought this crime would be solved.

YES!!!!
THEY FINALLY HAVE HIM. TY GOD! AND OSBI!

I thought we'd never see this day.

KevenJoeSweat-1.jpg

:woohoo::great:

FINALLY! Closure for these families - one step closer. My thoughts are with them today. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are feeling right now.

This case has not been one I have really participated in here at ws, aside from lurking, but these little girls' murders have always nagged at me. In one of my few posts on this case I recall posting how strongly I felt that this was a local and someone known to them.

I am so happy these charges have finally been leveled.

The charges came 1,279 days after Taylor and Skyla were murdered.

I am so happy he was caught..I wish it had been sooner and he was not walking the streets free.I am glad they are seeking the DP-this case for me at least.. screams for it.
I think he shot these two girls out of just pure meaness,just like other poster said.What a scary dude!!Glad he is off the streets.

Finally!
These girls are going to get justice.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20111209_12_0_TheOkl504769

Florence said authorities had no information linking Sweat to the Weleetka slayings before Taylor's death.

"It was during the course of that investigation that information helped us understand and realize that Mr. Sweat may have been involved in the murders of Taylor Placker and Skyla Whitaker," Florence said.

"These promising leads followed a tedious and methodical pace knowing full well that Mr. Sweat was behind bars and being held without bond.

OSBI agents interviewed Sweat on Sept. 13 while he was being held in Taylor's slaying, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Friday with the charges.

He told agents that he was driving on a rural Okfuskee County road in June 2008 when he pulled over, got out of his car and was approached by "two monsters," according to the affidavit.

Sweat said he "panicked," grabbed a .40-caliber handgun from between the seats of his car and "shot the monsters." He then grabbed a .22-caliber gun from the glove box and "shot the monsters" again before getting back in his car and driving away, agents said.

Joe Mosher, Taylor's great-uncle, said he thought Sweat had been a suspect in the girls' slayings for some time. He said Taylor's family is relieved and pleased that prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

"Even if he gets the death penalty he will sit in jail for 20 or 30 years unless the other inmates get a hold of him," Mosher said. "I hope they do."

Mosher said Sweat had worked with one of Taylor's aunts.

"We don't know why he killed the girls," Mosher said. "We are hoping to find out now."

Wayne Woodyard, Sweat's attorney, had no comment, other than to say his client would probably be arraigned next week and he hadn't had time to review the new charges.

More to come on this story. Look for the complete story in tomorrow's Tulsa World

Attachments

• PRESSER.jpg
    PRESSER.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 163
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20111209_12_0_TheOkl504769

He told agents that he was driving on a rural Okfuskee County road in June 2008 when he pulled over, got out of his car and was approached by "two monsters," according to the affidavit.

Sweat said he "panicked," grabbed a .40-caliber handgun from between the seats of his car and "shot the monsters." He then grabbed a .22-caliber gun from the glove box and "shot the monsters" again before getting back in his car and driving away, agents said.

snipped for space

Oh my Lord!!! Sweat was either on a major drug trip that day or is one of the biggest liars of all time. moo

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20111209_12_0_TheOkl504769

Anybody wanna guess what the defense is gonna go for?

So what do we know about Sweat, I remember checking out his myspace or some sort of social network, him posing with lots of guns, etc. Do we know if there is any diagnosis of mental illness, heavy drug use of the halucinegenic variety, etc.

Cause you just know that the whole "monsters" statement is going to result in a mentally unfit or diminished capacity defense.

Just saw this on Google News! I had despaired of ever getting any answers about Skyla and Taylor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back