ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Please continue here.

Please review the rules of our forum before posting: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Robyn-Gardner-01_540x405.jpg

35-year-old Robyn Gardner disappeared while on vacation in Aruba on August 2, 2011. Her traveling companion and suspect in the case, Gary Giordano, says she was swept away while they were snorkeling.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Just a Reminder...

Lets keep focused on Robyn!

Ima

Mod note:

Just so we are ALL clear - any further discussion of Jose Baez's defense of Casey Anthony will result in Time Outs. That includes responding to others.

This is the Missing forum and this thread is about Robyn Gardner. The goal is to locate Robyn. You may sleuth to help find her, or IF you believe a crime has occurred, you can sleuth to help solve that crime. All discussion on this thread must be relevant to Robyn Gardner.

Any discussion not relevant to Robyn Gardner is considered off topic and disruptive.

*this post lands at random

Beach's ground rules

TimeLine (approx)

July 2011
- Robyn sends GG a text "Get me out of here." Per a report. there is a fight just prior to leaving for Aruba between GG and RF.

Saturday, July 30th - GG takes out Travel insurance policy for RG and himself.

Sunday, July 31st - Flight time from Maryland to Orlando is about 1 1/2 hours. Given the time they would have needed to be at the airport for security, my guess-timate is that they were at the airport no later than 6am.
9am – Orlando Airport: ABC News has seen receipts that revealed that the couple ordered four Bloody Marys at 9 a.m. at the Orlando Airport on their way to the island,
?? Arrive at hotel - and that the two bought a liter of Ciroq vodka after they checked into their room at the Marriott Hotel in Aruba.

Sunday, July 31, late afternoon - I met Robyn and Gary on the beach in front of the Marriott Stellaris Hotel. They had arrived on that day. My husband and I sat and spoke with them for awhile. They asked my husband and I about activities on the island.... Was shocked to see that this had happened, since we just spoke with them last Sunday, late afternoon. I am sure it was Robyn because I commented on her tattoo, indicating that I liked it. Didn't think they went together as a couple, as he was much older. She was also sitting kind of far away from him on the beach chair. She was nice. We were actually discussing the Natalee Holloway case. I will pray for her return.

Sunday, July 31st – evening/concert started at sunset - GG & RG attend party at MooMba’s/pictures at party/concert; the Balashi Beach Bash at MooMba

Monday, August 1st - GG and RG bought bottle of vodka this day, per reports.

3:09pm – Toyota RAV-4 drives by The Rum Reef Bar & Grill – seen on video.

3:41pm – GG & RG seen walking by the ‘closed’ restaurant gates –“ walking on beach” seen on video.

5:02pm – Facebook comment: “the 16. I can communictate here.”

late at night - per GG (on DateLine) went swimming in hotel pool.

Tuesday. August 2nd – 2:05am - Facebook comment left on RF's wall by Robyn: "This sucks."

Tuesday, August 2nd – 6:51am Rumor - Prime murder suspect Gary Giordano, who friends said she met on a swingers sex site, is thought to have threatened to kill her while grabbing her by the neck and shoving her into an elevator on August 2 - the last day Miss Gardner, 35, was seen alive. The videotape from the Marriott Resort in Aruba allegedly shows the two having a furious and violent fight on the day she went missing. A source close to the investigation told the National Enquirer: 'They were having a major fight. Robyn was waving her arms and shouting at Giordano. He was grabbing her arms and jerking her around and shouting back at her. 'Then Giordano apparently realized their argument was heating up in public where someone might overhear them. He violently grabbed the back of Robyn's neck with one hand and shoved her back into the elevator with the other hand.' After reviewing the video multiple times, experts believe Robyn shouted: 'I'm out of here. I'm leaving F you!. I'm not spending another minute with you!' while he shouted back: 'Get back here! I'll kill you, b!tch!'

Tuesday, August 2nd – 7:57am - Facebook: RF to Robyn: “?? InBox me”

3:07pm - Arrived at restaurant – Seen on camera entering restaurant.

3:10pm - Robyn sends RF a Facebook message 'Don't worry. I care about you I love you we'll talk and sort things out when I got back,' Reportedly went to bathroom after entering restaurant.

At 3:57pm, Giordano returns to their rental car outside and refills his blue cup, going back inside at 4pm Seven minutes later, Gardner heads to the bathroom again. One witness has said that at this point she seems sober but groggy. Per Dateline interview: went to have a smoke and it was juice...

4:13pm - Robyn is last seen (leaving restaurant). A man who works near Baby Beach reported seeing their vehicle park up by the rocks close to the water, wondered why they chose there to go snorkeling. A fisherman comes forward and says that GG and RG never went into the water. Gardner was last seen alive Aug. 2 at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of Aruba with Gary Giordano - approximately 4pm. Giordano, 50, and Gardner, 35, had traveled to Aruba together. He is being held in an Arubian jail but could be released today. Giordano claims that Gardner got swept out to sea when the two went snorkeling

approx. 4:22pm - Approximately 10 minutes after leaving restaurant a fisherman reportedly saw Giordano and Gardner leaving a beach together, and said they did not get into the water.

Just before 5pm on August 2nd, Rumor - the couple saw a white Toyota RAV4 just like the car Giordano rented parked in the eerie Dog Graves Beach Pet cemetery; as the couple drove along the road, they saw the man beating the woman in the face. He was slapping her really hard, then punching her with his fist and beating her on the head. She was screaming; the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked what the hell he was doing. When the man saw them, he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The shocked couple drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they’d seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn’t find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle. They noticed it because vehicles are not allowed to park in that area, where Arubans have been burying their pets for generations. In fact, the car was parked on some of the pet graves (per National Enquirer Oct 3, 2011)

6:15pm (time seen on video) - GG knocking on several back doors.

6:16pm – (video) GG walking up the stairs.

6:16pm – (video) GG walking along the bar.

6:17pm - (video) GG walking the bar area; then walking around to the back (no footage).

6:20pm - GG reportedly headed to the back kitchen of the bar and told someone to call police. Three witnesses, two women and a man, told police that Giordano approached them on Aug. 2, saying, "Can you help me? We were snorkeling and my girlfriend is missing," she told police. One woman told police that while Giordano's sneakers were wet, his shorts were not. When Giordano reported Gardner missing, he seemed extremely drunk, a local fisherman, Sergio Silva, told ABC News, although Giordano told police that the two never purchased alcohol at the restaurant.

6:23pm - 911 received notification of a possible drowning of a woman. The traveling companion of this woman, a man G.V.G. stated that they were going snorkeling behind Nanki Country Club.

At 6:23 pm on the day of her disappearance, police were called, and 20 minutes later began to search the area. Then, Giordano left the search to return to his hotel and take a nap, according to police. Disclaimer: This claim, at 6.40 GG went for a nap, not true, there are various pics of GG helping the police in the dark, pics where it is completely dark, it takes till 7:30 for it to get dark, so GG was not taking a nap at 6:40, he still was working with the police at least at 7:30.

Thursday, August 4th - Robin’s mother arrives.

Thursday, August 4th – original date to fly back

Thursday, August 4th – throughout the day per RF – RG’s gmail chat function – turned green (active), orange (idle) and gray (signed off) on Wednesday and Thursday.

Thursday, August 4th - after Gardner went missing, Giordano called American Express Travel four times, asking about how he could redeem his policy. Police documents show that the American Express representative who took one of the calls said Giordano sounded excited, like he had "just won the lottery." The representative was so troubled by his behavior that the person called the police. per Dateline interview: GG says Aruban lawyer told him to call & also per Holland Tourist guide says to call insurance

Friday, August 5th - Three days after the search for Gardner began, Giordano got within feet of leaving the country before he was stopped at Aruba's airport where he told U.S. Customs he had to change flights because of weather, and told officials that his travel companion was "taking another flight." He was trying to board a flight one hour earlier than his scheduled departure. When arrested, authorities say Giordano was drenched in sweat. Mug shot after being arrested trying to get on a plane off the island.

Wednesday, August 31st – GG detained in jail for another 60 days (until Oct. 30th).

Tuesday, November 29th - GG released from jail, free to go anywhere! And do a TON of media interviews...

Note: If anyone has any updates for the TimeLine, please post! :seeya:

[quoted from Islander Surfer] Here in Aruba, things calm now. TV people all go home. Many local people sad for lady gone missing.

Lawyer Baez don't stop Gary from saying things not true about Aruba has people here angry. Not fair and not true.

Good thing many tourists come to Aruba year every year and they love Aruba like us.

Have to think more come from maybe US police when they watch this guy up there when he relax and make mistakes.

We all see soon.
I just want to say again Islander I hope everything does get back to normal on the island. I feel bad for the attorney who RG had contacted first. I'm sure he tried to do what was best for GG.

Have you heard anything new down there? All we seem to get now is GG's side which as you can see by our threads we are going over with a fine tooth comb and nothing is adding up. It's great to have someone down there to keep us up to date.

Again, thanks for providing that video for us early on.

I have been pretty busy with Holiday Special Events here so I am just now trying to catch up on a weeks worth of posts.

I do question weather "all" of the comments regarding Jose Baez and the Casey Anthony case has led some here to lose their objectivity in this case. No one was more enraged with the way Mr. Baez handled that case than I, but that was Then this is Now. Can we step back and just take a look at GG"s interviews as it relates to THIS case.

I have always been concerned that any future clients Mr. Baez would represent would be perceived as guilty because of the fiasco of CA being found not guilty. Should we step back and think how we would dissect GG's behavior and interviews if his attorney was ANYONE other than JB?

Just a thought--I have no idea if GG is guilty or not, but we should be careful we do not judge the Man (GG) by his attorney.

Some have questioned GG involving his sons in his interviews and comments. Maybe it is just me, but I found that to be the one genuine concern of GG.
So much so that I wonder if he would involve himself in a murder and risk a life behind bars without contact with his sons.
If you recall when he was asked what he thought when he was behind bars in Aruba, he said "he was afraid he would never see his sons again", and began to cry --Real tears! So many of us criticize that "phony dry eye crying" of some suspects--well this was genuine.

Let's be clear I am NOT saying GG had nothing to do with RG's disappearance, just that some things have made me stop and think.

I have been pretty busy with Holiday Special Events here so I am just now trying to catch up on a weeks worth of posts.

I do question weather "all" of the comments regarding Jose Baez and the Casey Anthony case has led some here to lose their objectivity in this case. No one was more enraged with the way Mr. Baez handled that case than I, but that was Then this is Now. Can we step back and just take a look at GG"s interviews as it relates to THIS case.

I have always been concerned that any future clients Mr. Baez would represent would be perceived as guilty because of the fiasco of CA being found not guilty. Should we step back and think how we would dissect GG's behavior and interviews if his attorney was ANYONE other than JB?

Just a thought--I have no idea if GG is guilty or not, but we should be careful we do not judge the Man (GG) by his attorney.

Some have questioned GG involving his sons in his interviews and comments. Maybe it is just me, but I found that to be the one genuine concern of GG.
So much so that I wonder if he would involve himself in a murder and risk a life behind bars without contact with his sons.
If you recall when he was asked what he thought when he was behind bars in Aruba, he said "he was afraid he would never see his sons again", and began to cry --Real tears! So many of us criticize that "phony dry eye crying" of some suspects--well this was genuine.

Let's be clear I am NOT saying GG had nothing to do with RG's disappearance, just that some things have made me stop and think.

I agree with what you are saying, but I thought GG's story was fishy from day 1. That was before JB got on board. I think his past behavior with other woman even makes him more suspicious. He had two retraining orders against him, plus his disgusting life style. Swinger and all... I know that doesn't mean he committed murder, but there are one too many suspicious things that make me think he is guilty. Who begs complete strangers to go with them on a trip? Plus, the Mother/Daughter duo he wanted to sleep with and he begged them to go . I guess he thought he would get double the life insurance money. I have never taken out a 1.5 mil dollar policy on any trip I've gone on. Never even thought about it. Have you? Not being snarky, I'm really curious. Maybe I'm the stupid one to not take out insurance. Another poster pointed out that why would he be the beneficiary? Why not her parents? Just because he paid for her ticket, doesn't give him the right to all that money if she were to die. ughh... He bothers me a lot.

In my opinion, if the sons were of such big concern, he would not have had them standing there on television while their dad discussed his guilt or innocence in a missing person's case. Besides, from what was reported, IIRC, he had not seen them for months and had to be sued for some back support. So I thought using them as a backdrop was a pathetic move.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154

READ the article above if you want to know more about GG.

I have to disagree because not everyone who is charged with a crime is guilty. That is why we are determined to weigh what we know about any given situation and try to figure out what actually happened. Just because GG picked JB as an attorney, even though GG was never charged, tells me no more than possibly GG knows JB has some connections with those high up in the media world and wanted to tell his story.

I would not immediately think anyone was guilty because they chose JB as an attorney. I also would not think that someone was innocent because the chose John Morgan for an attorney. I think what has thrown us all off are the stories versus what facts we know. GG confirmed himself on national tv with all his media appearances that there is indeed a cause to question his account of what happened. jmo

Often when people plan a crime the last thought in their minds is that they will be caught or they wouldn't do it. So yes, I do believe he had those thoughts in prison and what we saw was genuine. I think his sons do mean a lot to him but not enough to change his behavior and we can see the evidence of that. If he were really concerned about those boys they would not have been on camera but sitting off camera waiting for him. I just don't understand his thinking. It's as if he was participating in a holiday media talk show event that involved families and he had his children there. What was he thinking???? It shows he does not project his thoughts too far into the future to think about what the consequences would be. I think it is sad for those boys. jmo

A great post
I do think that more thought is being given to JB than to GG's role in all of this

A great post
I do think that more thought is being given to JB than to GG's role in all of this
:eek:uch:
Thanks Dushi!!!I knew I would be sticking my neck out on that one, but as they say--It is just an OPINION, right!

Also, before JB stepped into the picture GG was arrested by Aruban police on suspicion of murder. That lead us to believe that there was evidence that just did not go along with GG's statement to police. His accounting of what happened did not match what they knew to be facts. So when I heard what happened I was leaning more towards the American scuba couple in Australia where the husband killed his wife in the water by turning off her tank. You hear of a couple on the crew ship and one of them goes missing what is your first thought.

JB did not make many friends in Aruba from the minute he landed so I'm wondering what he said when he got there. Obviously it was not the right approach because no one seems to like him down there. Plus the fact that there have been a lot of stories circulating about GG's behavior and he is just not a nice guy. Does not mean he is guilty of any wrong doing. But if he has been violent in the past there is a greater chance of something like this happening because he is not going to change. jmo

A great post

You're right. And that would be because JB has put GG on every national talk head show he could line up. A good attorney would have told his client to keep his mouth shut not booked him on a media tour. jmo

-respectfullly snipped by me-

Personally I found Giordano genuine throughout his interview, especially considering the fact that he had almost 4 months to prepare himself in case he would be giving any interviews.

1-When asked about the insurance money he said that money felt dirty, said it was the insurance that has put him in jail and cost him 4 months of his life.
If he were slick and deceiving he could have said the insurance money felt dirty because Robyn lost her life, but he did not say that.

2-Same with going over events in the sea, he said he got water in his mouth, strong currents etc, while (since he wears lenses) he could have said he had gotten water into his eyes due to the currents and due to the fact that he wears lenses he became disoriented and that he had no choice but to go back to shore, take care of his eye problem and only after that was able to notice Robyn was no where to be found.

3-He could have said that he loved Robyn, and that he was devastated by her having gone missing.

He never said any of those things (and there are much more things he could have said yet didn't), while he could have, none of it could be checked, no one could have objected to it maybe some would doubt it but still, he would have come across maybe as more likable then he was perceived now.

But the fact that he choose not to lie about those things, tells me he is just not some slick liar and deceiver. Therefor I do not think the interview harmed him, plus his explanation about the insurance was very reasonable. IMO

You're right. And that would be because JB has put GG on every national talk head show he could line up. A good attorney would have told his client to keep his mouth shut not booked him on a media tour. jmo

In a way I agree with you, if it had been another case.
But after this whole media assasination of Giordano from the get go, in which Giordano never had the chance to defend himself I can see the desire of Giordano to want to speak up, no matter what his lawyer would think about it, and in that case the best idea would be for his lawyer to accompany him to be able to offer support and fill in when necessairy.

-respectfullly snipped by me-

Personally I found Giordano genuine throughout his interview, especially considering the fact that he had almost 4 months to prepare himself in case he would be giving any interviews.

1-When asked about the insurance money he said that money felt dirty, said it was the insurance that has put him in jail and cost him 4 months of his life.
If he were slick and deceiving he could have said the insurance money felt dirty because Robyn lost her life, but he did not say that.

2-Same with going over events in the sea, he said he got water in his mouth, strong currents etc, while (since he wears lenses) he could have said he had gotten water into his eyes due to the currents and due to the fact that he wears lenses he became disoriented and that he had no choice but to go back to shore, take care of his eye problem and only after that was able to notice Robyn was no where to be found.

3-He could have said that he loved Robyn, and that he was devastated by her having gone missing.

He never said any of those things (and there are much more things he could have said yet didn't), while he could have, none of it could be checked, no one could have objected to it maybe some would doubt it but still, he would have come across maybe as more likable then he was perceived now.

But the fact that he choose not to lie about those things, tells me he is just not some slick liar and deceiver. Therefor I do not think the interview harmed him, plus his explanation about the insurance was very reasonable. IMO

1. Why would it be slick and deceiving to put Michelle's life ahead of the insurance money? I don't get that, sorry.

2. But the fact remains, he never looked back once to check on her, never even called out to her. Seems cowardly, imo. A rip tide does nothing to prevent one from looking behind them, while they continue to paddle to safety.

3. Probably never occurred to him to say that. That doesn't make me believe in his innocence in any way.

I do not think his insurance explanation was all that reasonable. I see no way that he deserves a million dollars just because a woman he barely knew died in the ocean.

I think the problem is his story does keep changing, from not taking the insurance money, to his last interview where he said he would think about it. I don't think the insurance company will just hand it over. They will probably do an investigation.

What surprised me was GR. When he thinks you're sleazy, which apparently GR was trying to prove, you probably are. I do admit that in portions of his statements it sounds as if he is being totally honest but then you listen on the next program he is on and the story changes ever so slightly. Example: First story was there was a storm out at sea and it started to get rough, which changed to his shoes were weighing him down and he signaled to RG he was going in and he was having trouble swimming and no storm or rough seas. Instead of swimming horizonal he said the sneakers were pulling his legs down. When he got to shore he did not know what happened to her. Different story than his first attempt.

I don't care for RG's boyfriend, RF much either. Can't quite put my finger on it but something is not right there. jmo

In my opinion, if the sons were of such big concern, he would not have had them standing there on television while their dad discussed his guilt or innocence in a missing person's case. Besides, from what was reported, IIRC, he had not seen them for months and had to be sued for some back support. So I thought using them as a backdrop was a pathetic move.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154

READ the article above if you want to know more about GG.

If it were my sons, I would be doing absolutely everything I could to protect them from the kind of exposure that GG chose to expose them to.

GG subjected his children to this for no reason other than to attempt to shed a better light on himself.

That he used his own children with the purpose of trying to shield himself from his own crimes is not only a shame, and an abuse of his children, but an atrocity as well.

This, among many other of GG's behaviors, tells me all I need to know about this man. IMO, he is nothing more than a narcissistic, egotistical, pathological liar. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth