1334 users online (269 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Dean College students video savage beating of fellow student

NINE students at Dean College in Franklin, MA have been expelled after video taping an unprovoked violent attack on a fellow student presumably for no other reason than to steal his shoes. Tuition at this school is reported to be over $40,000 per year, with many students attending there by means of free government grants.

Article here:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrode...kCurrentPage=2

Video of attack here:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011...husetts-video/

I can't watch the video. I just can't I'm sorry.

I feel so bad for that young man.

OT--I've noticed a growing trend over the last few years. Especially since cell phones have cameras.

And that is people who might have in the past made a move to stop something from happening now stand behind a camera and video it.

By putting that camera between them and the incident it's like they become detached somehow and are able to film something rather than stepping in and assisting.

That's just my own thoughts, I could be wrong but if it's true it's a disturbing trend.

That is sad and pathetic! I am glad the person assaulted is OK and I hope there are charges against everyone who assaulted him.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Kat, I can't watch it either. )-;

My thoughts are that the same people who are videoing instead of helping are the same people who, prior to cell phones, would've either walked on by, stood & cheered, or joined in the attack. I don't think technology creates apathy (or whatever it is that allows people to not help & still feel like human beings). I think they're immoral/souless to begin with. Just my two cents, FWIW.

Yeah, for his SHOES! Just plain horrible to think these 9 kids were going to this great school for free (probably) at $40K a year!

Wow - who taught these kids that this behavior is okay?
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
    Yeah, for his SHOES! Just plain horrible to think these 9 kids were going to this great school for free (probably) at $40K a year!

Wow - who taught these kids that this behavior is okay?
    Well....I know this probably will be an opinion that many object to....but it is my experience in working with students such as this that some (many ?) easily come to believe that this kind of aid ENTITLES them to anything else that they might decide they want. They have NO sense of needing to WORK or WAIT for whatever it is they would like to obtain. They come to expect that it will either be given to them voluntarily or that they have the right to just take it as they wish.....and this is NOT a racial issue at all. It is one of handing things to people as opposed to requiring them to provide some effort on their own part to earn them.

jmo

Suspended!? Violence like this on campuses shouldn't be tolerated. They are going to let these guys back on campus? They should be expelled, kicked out, gone. IMO

I would take my kids, and my $40,000 out of that school so quick.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Disgusting. Does the sense of "entitlement" really lead animals like that to believe they can kick the carp out of a fellow student to get what they want? Shoes? They looked so angry and happy to do it. And stupid enough to film it and show their idiot faces. These ****s don't deserve a college education.

Expulsion is the ONLY answer. Shame on them.