Dateline with Josh Powell 12-9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmer

Reaction score
Dateline NBC is having Josh Powell on tonight to speak about the case.

Josh Powells sister was called by the daycare worker to see if she knew where the kids were, they had not shown up at daycare and Susan had not called to say the the kids would not be at daycare that day, it was completely out of character for Susan to not at least call

There had been several cases that year of carbon monoxide poisionings so when Josh sister arrived at the house and could not get an answer at the door she called LE and they told her that if she would take resbonsibilty for the broken window they would break into the house to check on the family..

When Josh called his sister back on the phone on Monday he sounded surprised when he was asked where Susan and the boys were he said that the boys were with him at that he had went to Susan's work to pick her up but she was not there ( so much for him not remembering it was a workday...and how did he think she would get to work since he had the car).

Josh Powells sister was called by the daycare worker to see if she knew where the kids were, they had not shown up at daycare and Susan had not called to say the the kids would not be at daycare that day, it was completely out of character for Susan to not at least call

There had been several cases that year of carbon monoxide poisionings so when Josh sister arrived at the house and could not get an answer at the door she called LE and they told her that if she would take resbonsibilty for the broken window they would break into the house to check on the family..

When Josh called his sister back on the phone on Monday he sounded surprised when he was asked where Susan and the boys were he said that the boys were with him at that he had went to Susan's work to pick her up but she was not there ( so much for him not remembering it was a workday...and how did he think she would get to work since he had the car).

Wait...are you saying he went to pick her up after work on Monday? How would she have gotten to work if she didn't drive? This is new info for me.

I'm not able to watch tv tonight. Was this on one of the shows?

IMO

Josh told LE that he left around 11:45-12:00 am to go camping 100 miles away in a severe snowstorm with the young boys. LE says that this was the beginning of a very strange missing persons case.

Wait...are you saying he went to pick her up after work on Monday? How would she have gotten to work if she didn't drive? This is new info for me.

I'm not able to watch tv tonight. Was this on one of the shows?

IMO

Yes that is what josh told his sister when she was finally able to get ahold of him on that Monday when he was on his way back home with the boys....I will do my best to transcribe what is said...I have it taped so I may have to rematch it later to see if I have missed anything.

Yes it is on a new dateline that is airing tonight.

It is called After Midnight you should be Abe to watch it online either later tonight or tomorrow.

Susan Powells parents have tried to hold on and they are oping that she will still call them, Chuck Cox said what kind of Father would he be if he gave up hope....one of Susan's best friends said that josh was so tit with money he would not even let her buy groceries, she had gotten a call one night from Susan asking if she could borrow 2 hotdogs because e boys were starving....it was also around this time when josh quit going to church with Susan and also josh and Susan had always been very affectionate, but a couple of years before Susan went missing josh was not longer affectionate and claimed it was because he did not want to get germs.

Josh's sister is saying that when she walked into the house with LE on Monday that there were 2 box fans and it looked like the carpet had been cleaned and the fans were set up to dry the Carpet but it was still wet...and Susan's purse was in the bedroom with her wallet and all of her I'd in the purse....detectives started looking at josh at this point, they asked him why he did not take his wife camping and josh could not give them an answer...also the place he claims he went camping is the Simpson springs campground is next to the dougway proving ground and it is where the military as tested many of its chemical and biological agents and it is not a friendly place..LE also seized and searched the family van and have still not released if they found any evidence in the van..but while LE had the van josh rented a car and racked up several hundred miles...LE at this point began to hone in on josh it was at this time that josh quit cooperating with LE..

The one theory LE kept coming back to is that foul play had happened to Susan this is when LE named josh a person of interest...this is also when Susan's friends and family started coming to the same conclusion..at this point everyone turned on josh except joshs father....du du du in comes Stephen powell and his says he told josh that one of the worst things a husband could do is hurt his wife, Stephen claims he was testing josh (yea right).
It was at this point that josh and stephen decided to join forces to try and find out what had happened, and now SP claims that Susan started asking him to feel her legs to see how smooth they were and now he is going to talk about how sexual and aggressive Susan was to Stephen...

He is a strange fellow......IMO.
Very strange. I am almost shaking,eek.

Interviewer asked more pointed questions this time. Asked JP right out if he killed Susan. To me JP kinda hesitated before he answered it. Then he said he would never hurt Susan.

I also noted when JP said people were trying to keep him and Susan apart. He couldn't really explain that though he was given the opportunity.

For me the fact that JP quit kissing Susan because of a fear of germs is new info.

Interviewer asked more pointed questions this time. Asked JP right out if he killed Susan. To me JP kinda hesitated before he answered it. Then he said he would never hurt Susan.

I also noted when JP said people were trying to keep him and Susan apart. He couldn't really explain that though he was given the opportunity.

For me the fact that JP quit kissing Susan because of a fear of germs is new info.

I called myself watching but I missed that part about the germs. He and his dad are just so unsettling. I did not realize also that they may be investigating him as well in the *advertiser censored* case.

Stephen claims that his daughter Jennifer is the reason for all of is problem that she is leading the charge against him."the diarys of Susan's that the Powells were getting ready to publish is what caused the August search warrenr because LE thought they may be evidence I the case it was at this time that they found the diarys as well as child *advertiser censored*.

Kimmer did a good job on the summary.

Josh said that he would never hurt Susan. It is possible to kill someone without hurting them, technically. You can give them something to knock them out and then smother them, or just a poison that works painlessly. So, in some depraved minds, it is possible to kill someone without hurting them. I wish the interviewer had asked if he killed her without hurting her.

Now josh is sitting down with josh macawitz (sp) for his first interview he claims that when LE does not have any evidence against you that is when they harass upon...josh says he is pretty pissed off at LE...josh claims that someone does not want the public to know what Susan's childhood was like now he is also slamming the Mormons..like father like son...now josh is claiming that because the coxes are Mormons that they were ae to get the search warrenr for the diaries..now josh is claiming that he and Susan still love each other and that people are working to aileant them for each other..

Now josh claims that the wet spot on the carpet was from just regular cleaning and the midnight camping trip was normal for josh and the Boys, josh says that the camping trip is just normal for him..and that susan did not want to go because she was tired..(yea dead tired) josh says that why he and the boys were camping that Susan just left,where she went to and how long she is going to stay gone he does not know.josh says that Susan was not angry, distressed or unhappy, Susan did
not say that she wanted things to change, or Susan said she still loved josh and that she loved the boys, but she just got after midnight and walked or rode a bike away...(ok I have heard it all)...and
that he does not know what happened to her...josh says he has never hurt his wife and that he has
defended her and that she has been suffering with low self esteem from the abuse she went thru as
a child that he has had to try and help Susan thru it and that she just left him. And he is convinced that there is no evidence to say otherwise..it was during this interview that police were at the home
of Stephen Powell with that search warrant and this is when Stephen is arrested...

Excellent points SD.

I was just so struck by that hesitation though. It seemed so odd, almost like he was stopping to think before he answered.

Now josh is sitting down with josh macawitz (sp) for his first interview he claims that when LE does not have any evidence against you that is when they harass upon...josh says he is pretty pissed off at LE...josh claims that someone does not want the public to know what Susan's childhood was like now he is also slamming the Mormons..like father like son...now josh is claiming that because the coxes are Mormons that they were ae to get the search warrenr for the diaries..now josh is claiming that he and Susan still love each other and that people are working to aileant them for each other..

Now josh claims that the wet spot on the carpet was from just regular cleaning..and now the midnight camping trip was normal for josh and the Boys, josh says that the camping trip is just normal for him..and that susan did not want to go because she was tired..(yea dead tired) josh says that why he and the boys were camping that Susan just left,where she went to and how long she is going to stay gone he does not know.josh says that Susan was not angry, distressed or unhappy, Susan did not say that she wanted things to change, or Susan said she still loved josh and that she loved the boys, but she just got after midnight and walked or rode a bike away...(ok I have heard it all)...and that he does not know what happened to her...josh says he has never hurt his wife and that he has defended her and that she has been suffering with low self esteem from the abuse she went thru as a child that he has had to try and elp Susan thru it and that she just left hi. And he is convicted that there is no evidence to say otherwise..it was during this interview that police were at the home of Stephen Powell with that search warrant and this is when Stephen is arrested...

Kimmer thanks so much for this. There was just no way I could have done it tonight as my head doesn't even feel like it is attached to my shoulder's right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain