Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - AMBER ALERT: Bianca Lilly Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Respectfully quoted from upthread:

"been trying to get my life back on track for the past 8 years - 8 YEARS!!"

I would like to know if D'Andre was actually enrolled at WCCC or just made up the college story in the wake of whatever happened to little Bianca. I'm sure that LE has already looked into this, and it won't surprise me in the least if we learn that DL wasn't registered at WCCC and planning to attend classes next semester. jmo
    I am thinking the same thing. There is a place on Facebook where you can list the schools you attended and DL has entered 'WCCC District'. I doubt he has ever gone there except for the day he was caught of their security cameras.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LindaG For This Useful Post:

O/T- A body was discovered yesterday (Saturday) in or near the cemetary in Dyer county and is believed to be that of missing mom Karen Swift. Positive ID is expected Monday or Tuesday. Earlier reports said the body was that of a female.

http://www.abc24.com/mostpopular/sto...lPkBJ_xfQ.cspx

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LindaG For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Similar local case

I knew that 4-year-old D'Wan Sims disappeared during the holidays, but I hadn't realized that it was on December 11, 1994. D'Wan was reportedly shopping with his mother at a Livonia, MI mall when he went missing. Most folks suspect that the mother is responsible for whatever happened to the boy, but there have never been arrests or charges filed in the case.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I knew that 4-year-old D'Wan Sims disappeared during the holidays, but I hadn't realized that it was on December 11, 1994. D'Wan was reportedly shopping with his mother at a Livonia, MI mall when he went missing. Most folks suspect that the mother is responsible for whatever happened to the boy, but there have never been arrests or charges filed in the case.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    I'm not familiar with this case. Does anyone else think that it seems like the holidays are an especially risky time?!
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

I've often wondered what happened to D'Wan Sims, especially when the tapes at the mall showed that he was never even in the mall with his mother. I think his mother killed him and disposed of him--or her boyfriend did. But no body has ever been found. I think his mother knows exactly where he is. So many of these missing children are never found. I find that very disturbing.

I really think there should be stiffer sentences for people who kidnap, abuse, rape, torture, and kill children. Children are powerless to take themselves out of a bad situation or seek help. They are at the mercy of whoever they are with. It is becoming a sick epidemic of people treating children like a bag of garbage. If ever there is a need to eliminate a vicious animal who would do such a thing to an innocent and trusting child, this is it.

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaG View Post
    I really think there should be stiffer sentences for people who kidnap, abuse, rape, torture, and kill children. Children are powerless to take themselves out of a bad situation or seek help. They are at the mercy of whoever they are with. It is becoming a sick epidemic of people treating children like a bag of garbage. If ever there is a need to eliminate a vicious animal who would do such a thing to an innocent and trusting child, this is it.

BBM. I pray that is happening behind the scenes with DL's other 6 children. If he hurt or lost one, he could hurt or lose any of them. While LE can't yet prove DL is responsible for whatever happened to Bianca, I hope DCFS is getting involved and protecting his other 6 from him.

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Respectfully,

the thread for D'Wan Sims is here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50539"]MI MI - D'wan Sims, 4, Livonia, 11 Dec 1994 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Can we please keep Bianca's thread for Bianca.

If anyone wishes to discuss D'Wans case, please do so in the thread designated for his case linked above.

thank you!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Update

Just watched Bianca report on the Channel 4 6:00 news. About 120 volunteer searchers today. This was last organized volunteer search. Brief appearance by D'Andre Lane who attended church with his attorney this morning. Call me cynical, but I think this was nothing more than an effort to make "daddy dearest" look like a good guy Yeah, right. jmo
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 12-11-2011 at 07:33 PM.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Just watched Bianca report on the Channel 4 6:00 news. About 120 volunteer searchers today. This was last organized volunteer search. Brief appearance by D'Andre Lane who attended church with his attorney this morning. Call me cynical, but I think this was nothing more than an effort to make "daddy dearest" look like a good guy. Yeah, right. jmo
    I wonder if he regularly attends?

...not that it would necessarily mean much if he did.
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
    I wonder if he regularly attends?

...not that it would necessarily mean much if he did.
    I kinda doubt it, but maybe going to church has been part of DL's continued efforts "to turn his life around" over the past 8 years. jmo

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Respectfully,

the thread for D'Wan Sims is here:

MI MI - D'wan Sims, 4, Livonia, 11 Dec 1994 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Can we please keep Bianca's thread for Bianca.

If anyone wishes to discuss D'Wans case, please do so in the thread designated for his case linked above.

thank you!
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the D'Wan Sims' case had ever been discussed on WS. The little boy "disappeared" 17 years ago today.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Did Lane attend the church that was used as a staging place by law enforcement in the search for Bianca or a different church? Does anyone know the name of his attorney?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Did Lane attend the church that was used as a staging place by law enforcement in the search for Bianca or a different church? Does anyone know the name of his attorney?
    The name of Lane's attorney is Terry Johnson

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LindaG For This Useful Post:

This makes me very sad.

I am so thankful that so many private citizens donated their time to search for Bianca!

But now, unless someone stumbles across her this one will go cold and unsolved and that irks and makes me sad at the same time JMHO.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Also wanted to add:

To the current girlfriend of "D" if you think he won't do this again? You're wrong. If you covering for him you need to tell what you know and pronto, ask for immunity if needed because if he thinks he is getting away with this? He will have an even bigger ego and your baby might be in danger in the future.

Just something to think about if you read here. All JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    This makes me very sad.

I am so thankful that so many private citizens donated their time to search for Bianca!

But now, unless someone stumbles across her this one will go cold and unsolved and that irks and makes me sad at the same time JMHO.

I'm sure LE will still be searching as they get tips and narrow their investigation. The only search that has ended is the volunteer search. LE has NOT stated anywhere they are going to stop searching.

I really don't think this case will go cold. There were too many people in that home the week Bianca was staying at her dads. I don't believe they are ALL willing to go to prison to cover for D'Andre. I don't believe they are willing to risk losing their children for D'Andre. It's just a matter of time before they get the courage to do the right thing and stand up for Bianca and give her the dignity and justice she deserves.

jmo
    ~JMO~

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Also wanted to add:

To the current girlfriend of "D" if you think he won't do this again? You're wrong. If you covering for him you need to tell what you know and pronto, ask for immunity if needed because if he thinks he is getting away with this? He will have an even bigger ego and your baby might be in danger in the future.

Just something to think about if you read here. All JMHO.
    Yes, she should do just that. If not, she risks not only losing her child but also doing prison time for covering for D'Andre. My suggestion is she contact an attorney, NOT D'Andre's, but her own, and go to LE with her attorney and tell them what she knows.

If the shoe was on the other foot and this was her child missing, she would want those who know to do the same. Do what is right and help bring Bianca home, as well as protecting yourself and your child. Please do the right thing!

jmo
    ~JMO~

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...es-20111211-rs

Article is brief and repeat of info. Video at link in good watch though.

ETA: Officials searching today are doing it on their own time, no OT that's wonderful IMHO they deserve a big thank you.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Last day of official search for Bianca Jones, 2; but no trace of her found

8:11 PM, Dec. 11, 2011 |

http://www.freep.com/article/2011121...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

"Sunday’s searchers were aided by mounted officers from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and Detroit Police Department, who searched on horseback."

“Except for Angel’s Night, I can’t recall a time when this many volunteers came forward,” Detroit police spokeswoman Sgt. Eren Stephens said today.

“I came out here to help, to find out where she is, how she is and what happened to her,” Brown said while combing a field at Dequindre and Canfield with nine other volunteers. She said she was disappointed they had found no trace of the girl but said she hoped to persuade her neighbors today to continue searching, even though the official volunteer search ended today night.
    Unwritten--I'm undefined... I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned..."

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Guinevere For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=LindaG;7427659]"According to Michigan prison records, Lane was jailed for more than three years on drug and firearm possession charges stemming from a 2003 arrest and was paroled in 2007. He also served a more than four-year probation starting in 1996 after being convicted of assault with intent to commit armed robbery and a conspiracy charge.

BBM...

I would like to point out... that an individual with his first hand experience of living a life of crime and knowing exactly how people will lie, cheat and steal from you... WHILE living in his area in Detroit.. would NEVER pull over for someone yelling at him that his taillight was broken. He knows the scams.. he's lived them.

So in my books.. he's either flat out lying or he's as dumb as the proverbial stump, which I highly doubt. He's lying his A$$ off...

My turn to MOO...

wild

39. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to wildchild1961 For This Useful Post:

Where is Bianca?

There is a $25,000 reward for information in the disappearance of Bianca Jones. Anyone with information should call 800-773-2587 (800-SPEAKUP).

http://www.freep.com/article/2011121...d-Bianca-Jones
    ~JMO~

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

There are local rumblings that Dandre did, in fact, have a cell phone, and did make calls from it that morning. LE has those records.

(If the mods want to take this down, i understand, as I don't have a reference. Just a local source that I personally consider to be reliable. If that's not good enough, I'm fine with that.)
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

43. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Reward

$25,000 is a lot of money and would surely benefit someone in economically-depressed Detroit. I feel certain that there are people who know what happened to beautiful little Bianca but are too frightened of D'Andre Lane to come forward. jmo

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    There are local rumblings that Dandre did, in fact, have a cell phone, and did make calls from it that morning. LE has those records.

(If the mods want to take this down, i understand, as I don't have a reference. Just a local source that I personally consider to be reliable. If that's not good enough, I'm fine with that.)

I think it is ok, since you prefaced by stating it is not fact.

We did hear rumblings early on D'Andre called his girlfriend prior to calling police to report the alleged carjacking. I don't recall where that information came from. IIRC, it was unnamed witnesses via MSM, but can't be certain. If true, D'Andre had to call from somewhere, on some phone, and I can't imagine him calling his girlfriend from Bianca's mothers phone while telling her family, uh, I have to call my girlfriend before calling the police.

I'm sure LE has a TON of information they have not released to the public, one could be phone info and pings of course.

Praying today is the day Bianca comes home.
    ~JMO~

47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast