CANADA Canada - Lindsey Nicholls, 14, Comox Valley, 2 Aug 1993

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Fre...g+years/5838525/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

Fresh tip proves fruitless for family of B.C. girl missing 18 years
By JENNIFER SALTMAN, The Province December 9, 2011

Nicholls was 14 years old when she was last seen on Aug. 2, 1993 walking down the driveway of her foster home on Royston Road.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call West at 250-338-1321 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-242-8477.

http://www.comoxvalleycrimestoppers.bc.ca/index.php?page=lindsey-nicholls

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/864dfbc.html

•Date Of Birth: September 12, 1978
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm.); 112 lbs (51 kg.)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde longer than shoulder hair; green eyes. Her hair was tinted red at the time of her disappearance.
•Clothing: She had been wearing jeans, a khaki silk tank top, a blue and pink checkered shirt and white "Esprit" canvas style deck runners.
•Dentals: Available. Lindsey has a space between her two front teeth.
•DNA: mtDNA available

Lindsey has been missing 18 years. Come home soon.

Pictures are from link above comox valley crime stoppers. Picture #2 is supposed to be an age progression. Probably one of the worse I've seen JMHO.

Attachments

• Lindsey1.jpg
    Lindsey1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 63
  • lindsey2.jpg
    lindsey2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 60
There isn't much information to go on. Doesn't seem like she planned on running away as she left behind all her stuff but maybe in the heat of the moment and angry she has stormed off and gotten into trouble along the way. The age progression - Doe Network, looks so familiar to me - strange how that happens sometimes! :moo:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Fre...g+years/5838525/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

Fresh tip proves fruitless for family of B.C. girl missing 18 years
By JENNIFER SALTMAN, The Province December 9, 2011

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call West at 250-338-1321 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-242-8477.

http://www.comoxvalleycrimestoppers.bc.ca/index.php?page=lindsey-nicholls

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/864dfbc.html

Lindsey has been missing 18 years. Come home soon.

Pictures are from link above comox valley crime stoppers. Picture #2 is supposed to be an age progression. Probably one of the worse I've seen JMHO.

The one from the DoeNetwork is a better one, imo

LNicholls_ap.jpg

Thank you for starting a thread for Lindsey!

The unidentified

While some people disappear and are never seen again, some bodies are found and never identified.

Approximately 600 unidentified human remains lie in morgues and cemeteries across the country. Who they were and what caused their deaths are mysteries that can endure for years or even decades.

In Canada it could easily be added to the national DNA databank in Ottawa, which is currently used to track violent criminals.Yet, for the past seven years, the government has done little more than talk about expanding the database. Two private members' bills failed to pass in Parliament. In 2009, a Senate Committee recommended the government amend the DNA Databank to include DNA from missing persons and unidentified remains but so far there has been no action.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/families-long-for-answers-for-missing-loved-ones-1.576149

The Province link from the first post is dead, but, Canada.com still has the article on the fresh tip from 2011.

Wonder what the tip was?

There is SO little information for Lindsey's case.

Fresh tip proves fruitless for family of missing B.C. girl

Jennifer Saltman, The Province

Published: Sunday, December 11, 2011

It was a difficult week for the family of Lindsey Jill Nicholls as the RCMP searched a rural property in the small Vancouver Island community of Royston, where Nicholls went missing 18 years ago. Following a news conference in September, police received a tip about Nicholls' disappearance that led them to the property.

http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=d34da35b-2828-4df3-922d-53bad878cbed

If someone had a complete street address, I'm pretty sure I could find the history of the property. It's public knowledge, however sometimes people apply to have the history deleted from a record - not sure one couldn't get it though.

Without a Trace, from Lindsey's Law website:

Through all this adolescent angst, she was still dearly loved by her family. When she had run away from home in the spring, she'd left her mother a lengthy note. She said where she'd be staying. She took her favourite possessions and clothing.

But on that holiday Monday, Aug. 2, 1993, Lindsey, who had only been back in the Valley for a week or so after her runaway episode to the lower mainland, gave no indication that she was running away again. She told the foster home parents that she was planning to go into town. She might have been planning to head up to Comox for the Nautical Days celebration. Wearing a blue plaid top, jeans and sneakers, the slim 5'3" teen, just shy of her 15th birthday, headed down the rural road without even a jacket. She was known to hitch-hike at times. Nobody has heard from her since.

<modsnip - old link now goes to a gambling website>

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone had a complete street address, I'm pretty sure I could find the history of the property. It's public knowledge, however sometimes people apply to have the history deleted from a record - not sure one couldn't get it though.

I don't have one yet, but, she disappeared from the cross-road of Cumberland and Royston Rd. according to this.

If she was possibly hitchhiking to the Comox Nautical Festival, would she have walked/hitchhiked to Island Highway, to hitch a ride to Comox?

Lindsey Nicholls walked out onto the Royston-Cumberland Road five years ago this weekend. And vanished without a trace.

From Lindsey's Bio Mom, Judy Peterson:

"The last conversation I had with her was she said she didn't like the foster home. I told her I loved her and I missed her. Then I never saw her again.

A few days later, Lindsey apparently went to meet some friends in town and never returned."

CrimeStopper was to do a reenactment but I couldn't find a link. Did anyone come across it?

Many of those links posted are no longer available. :(

THIS is sickening, omg.

In addition to helping families searching for missing loved ones, she says, the law could also help police investigations.

As an example, she points to Robert Pickton, the B.C. man who was found guilty in December 2007 of murdering six women and who faces another trial on 20 additional counts. When investigators combed Pickton&#8217;s farm for evidence, more than 200,000 samples went for DNA testing and 1,200 DNA profiles were collected from people connected to women missing from Vancouver&#8217;s Downtown Eastside.

The cross-referencing was an arduous process that left four possible victims unidentified at the end of the trial. Pickton can&#8217;t be charged with their murders because they can&#8217;t be identified. If a missing-persons index had been up and running, police might have been able to trace their identities.

Did she meet someone at air cadets or at the ski hill?

"I thought she was doing really well. She had joined the air cadets and she went skiing just about every weekend."

And then, on the Monday morning of the August long weekend, she left her home and hasn't been seen since. She took none of her things and no money. She just left. With her history as a runaway, much of the investigation has centred around trying to track her down through her friends. One report of a body had police dragging the river near Comox, but everything turned up blank. Besides police, the case is now being investigated by the Calgary-based Missing Children Society of Canada.

This case was featured on W5, and on there you can see Lindsey's mother trying so had to get a DNA database. It is truly sad that here is a mother advocating it and year after year the government shuts her down. I'm glad we're moving a step forward in the right direction.

Still unsolved on the Island:

Camille Raina Ricketts went missing from Victoria in 1994, Lindsey Nicholls disappeared in 1993 and Michael Dunahee went missing, also from Victoria, in 1991.

Having trouble finding where Cumberland and Royston Roads intersect. Cumberland seems to be the name of an area and possibly a road.

Royston Road turns into Dunsmuir Avenue west of 6th Street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back