1155 users online (248 members and 907 guests)  

Websleuths News

Penn's woods

Snowball Express- for children of fallen soldiers

I had read a very short article in the Killeen daily herald (Fort Hood) but this article is better it's from El Paso (Fort Bliss).

Nonprofit group offers fun trips to children of slain service members

(NOTE: Make sure you watch the video at the link, you can see the soldiers that volunteer to interact with the kiddo's and support this mission).

The family members were among 14 adults and children who were treated to presents, food and music, a visit from Santa and his elf and greetings from Fort Bliss soldiers before boarding a private plane to Dallas as part of the Snowball Express.
    Nationwide, nearly 1,700 spouses and children of fallen military service members will participate in Snowball Express this week.
    Snowball Express is a non-profit organization that provides support for family members of fallen soldiers.

I'm so happy for these families. And I am so grateful for Snowball Express. As a long time military family we have personally known so many Soldiers and their families that made the ultimate sacrifice.

This touched my heart:

Natalie believes her dad is now a star shining down on her and her mother, Angela Acosta.

"I keep looking at the stars because there's a very shiny star and it's so big, and it's him," she said. "That same star keeps following me and my mom everywhere we go."
    These kids deserve all the support and love and kindness they can get. This made me smile. Just sharing.

ETA: Death may end a life, but it doesn't end a relationship.
    Last edited by Kat; 12-10-2011 at 03:50 AM.