Thread: Baby left in Walgreens shopping cart

Baby left in Walgreens shopping cart

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/225...-shopping-cart

11:46 AM, Dec 9, 2011

Police are questioning a woman who apparently left a baby in a shopping cart and then reported the boy missing, police said Thursday.
    She went into a Walgreens at Brookhaven Plaza, 7516 S. Cass Ave. (Chicago) engaged the workers in a conversation. Left the store, got into a white jeep and left the parking lot.

Ended up across the street at Darien Buona Beef and that is where she called in a report that someone had taken her child from the restaurant.

That's bizarre.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

That's crazy. I wonder if she was looking for attention. Maybe she thought having a missing baby who was found would garner a lot of media attention. I wonder if she could see the baby from the restaurant.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

WOW,what would she have done if someone actually did take her baby from the store while she was over fabricating this story.....

surely other people in the restraunt would have noticed she didn't have a baby with her in the first place

what is wrong with people these days
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:

That's pretty strange she said the baby was missing from the restaurant but I suppose it's possible she didn't fabricate it on purpose. Sleep deprivation and a medication I had to take for a while made me have some pretty crazy brain malfunctions. I used to have nightmares of forgetting one of the children somewhere and then forgetting I had forgotten.

JMO but I don't think most people would be stupid enough to think they get fame and fortune or any kind of positive attention faking an abduction in which the baby is found across the street where you left him. The media usually gets interested in cases that go on for a while and are mysteries to solve, not straightforward where you have the mom on camera entering a store with baby and leaving without.
    Last edited by Donjeta; 12-10-2011 at 05:26 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

It was a one year old, so you can't blame it on baby brain. I remember forgetting my newborn in the grocery store once. I just wasn't used to having a baby yet. It was just for a few seconds, and she was just a few days old. I had the car seat on the counter, put the groceries in the cart, just started strolling on out...lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StephanieH For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    I think this lady just had herself a massive brain fart. Thank goodness that child was okay. Who knows what sort of meds she is on, stress she is under? I am so glad this was a case that was resolved so quickly with a live, unharmed baby at the end.

My kids are 26, 11 and 7, and I still have occasional "baby brain" moments.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    It was a one year old, so you can't blame it on baby brain. I remember forgetting my newborn in the grocery store once. I just wasn't used to having a baby yet. It was just for a few seconds, and she was just a few days old. I had the car seat on the counter, put the groceries in the cart, just started strolling on out...lol

When I was a brand new mom I once left my son in the car....went in the house. Thankfully I did have a nagging feeling I had forgotten something! It was only 5 minutes before I remembered....but still! I was horrified I had done it.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    When I was a brand new mom I once left my son in the car....went in the house. Thankfully I did have a nagging feeling I had forgotten something! It was only 5 minutes before I remembered....but still! I was horrified I had done it.
    I might have forgotten longer, but the clerk yelled, "You forgot your baby!" Oh, yeah...that thing...

I think she just...forgot. I'm going to cut her slack. Baby brain messes with ya.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StephanieH For This Useful Post:

Walgreen's is constantly messing with my brain...I have more problems in that store...if I had a baby, I might forget too..JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

The article says the baby was left in a Walgreens shopping cart but shows a Costco shopping cart on the article page.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition

Made by HD ----->