TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124.

sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV
14595650_BG1.JPG

14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread # 1

Thread # 2

Thread # 3

Thread # 4

Thread # 5

Thread # 6

Thread # 7

Thread # 8

Thread #9

Thread #11
Thread #12

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Media Links

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Timeline

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Location Project

Please continue here...

I can't believe this......

Matthew Palmgren: A Rush To Judgment?

by Gary Poole, Contributing Editor
December 8, 2011

With the sad news of the discovery of missing Signal Mountain mother Gail Palmgren’s remains last week, a large number of people around the city are being forced to look at an ugly truth: Matthew Palmgren may not have been a faithful husband, but it does not appear that he was a killer, as so many had believed and professed quite publicly.

It turns out, at least according to preliminary results from the newly discovered accident scene that local law enforcement was right. Sheriff Jim Hammond told reporters that all evidence so far points towards a tragic accident. He and his investigators are treating it as a traffic fatality, and nothing more.

http://www.chattanoogapulse.com/articles/matthew-palmgren-a-rush-to-judgment

I can't believe this......

Matthew Palmgren: A Rush To Judgment?

by Gary Poole, Contributing Editor
December 8, 2011

With the sad news of the discovery of missing Signal Mountain mother Gail Palmgren’s remains last week, a large number of people around the city are being forced to look at an ugly truth: Matthew Palmgren may not have been a faithful husband, but it does not appear that he was a killer, as so many had believed and professed quite publicly.

It turns out, at least according to preliminary results from the newly discovered accident scene that local law enforcement was right. Sheriff Jim Hammond told reporters that all evidence so far points towards a tragic accident. He and his investigators are treating it as a traffic fatality, and nothing more.

http://www.chattanoogapulse.com/articles/matthew-palmgren-a-rush-to-judgment

Thanks for posting this.

The writer left a few details out, such as MP not letting his children speak to LE etc. etc.

In fact, do we know if they ever have been able to speak to them?

I'm all about innocent until proven guilty, but there are too many coincidences here for me to let this go until I'm satisfied that a thorough investigation has been done.

Another thing that was left out of the article from the Chattanooga Pulse...the homes were searched but not how long after the report was filed. A lot of housecleaning as far as evidence that could have been destroyed.

Several tidbits of information has come out since the discovery of the jeep...convenience store stop and cell phone was charging. What next???

I believe even if the report comes back as an accident there will always be a doubt in the back of my mind. Hope that this is the only wife that MP has had...maybe I have been watching too much Lifetime Movies...but it does have some similarities.

I'm wondering how the writer of that article can say Law Enforcement was right..
I don't recall ever hearing Law Enforcement claim they thought she had been in a tragic accident. IIRC, Sheriff Hammond stated there had been no rush to conduct any searches due to the fact he had seen cases where people just up and leave...And IIRC he made a comment about Gail possibly showing up again sometime in the future.

Personally, I'm thinking the one doing the "rushing" is the person who wrote the article..JMHO

ETA..On second thought I'm now thinking is there a method behind the madness? The season being the reason...JMHO

Another thing that was left out of the article from the Chattanooga Pulse...the homes were searched but not how long after the report was filed. A lot of housecleaning as far as evidence that could have been destroyed.

Several tidbits of information has come out since the discovery of the jeep...convenience store stop and cell phone was charging. What next???

I believe even if the report comes back as an accident there will always be a doubt in the back of my mind. Hope that this is the only wife that MP has had...maybe I have been watching too much Lifetime Movies...but it does have some similarities.

I don't know IF he was married to another person before he married Gail or not, but I do know one thing....

IF I were the girlfriend and thinking there is gonna be a "wedding" in the future, I would run to LE as fast as I possibly could and beg them to put me in a protection program...
IMHO.. That woman may very well be in a world of danger, especially IF she is in anyway involved, or even knows something or even suspects he is involved...JMHO

And she and her family can ONLY hope and pray LE will take her a little more seriously than they did Gail..JMHO

It is just my opinion-but no matter what L.E. officially declares this situation there will be those who will not believe it; especially if it is declared an unfortunate accident with no one else involved. They seem to be trying whichever way they can to prove that it could not be an accident. MP or someone he knows had to be involved-and if L.E. doesn't says MP is involved then they must be covering it up for him.

Even with all of this media attention-locally-statewide and locally L.E. will be covering it up? Don't think so. I did not know Gayle so I cannot say what she 100% couldn't or wouldn't do. I have followed this case from the beginning and I have seen no evidence thus far to prove that anyone else is involved nefariously in this sad situation. Since the jeep and GP have now been found-to me it seems like it was a tragic accident or I hate to say this-but may have been intentional on GP's part. Since I have heard nothing seriously to say that LE is on the take, crooked or neglient-the only thing that can be done is wait for their official determination.

And...if..their investigation doesn't agree with what my opinion is then I just have to accept that my opinion was wrong. They have no reason to want anything but the truth-and in the long run whatever our opinions are doesn't matter since they have all of the evidence-whatever it is-and we don't.

~~PEACE & COMFORT~~ to the Nowacki Palmgren families whatever the outcome.

I'm wondering how the writer of that article can say Law Enforcement was right..
I don't recall ever hearing Law Enforcement claim they thought she had been in a tragic accident. IIRC, Sheriff Hammond stated there had been no rush to conduct any searches due to the fact he had seen cases where people just up and leave...And IIRC he made a comment about Gail possibly showing up again sometime in the future.

Personally, I'm thinking the one doing the "rushing" is the person who wrote the article..JMHO

ETA..On second thought I'm now thinking is there a method behind the madness? The season being the reason...JMHO

Agree. In a nutshell...BS. If your going to tell a story....tell the whole story...and not leave anything out. (Which I'm sure he doesn't have a clue ---nor was interested in GP's disappearance from the beginning) He's seems to be rushing to his wannabe 15 minutes. I don't think he's that popular, tbh, as I have seen some of his muse-i-cal attempts on You Tube and all I will say is I hope he keeps his day job...albeit-- and the fallacies he's trying to populate. LOL Maybe he's an old school friend or bending elbow buddy of MP's....or going thru a divorce too?:innocent:

We need to wait for all the results to come back...and I pray that if foul play was involved...then they find justice for a woman who will never have the opportunities involving the future of her children or something as simple and beautiful as an early morning bird song or the sound of a gentle rain. God Bless you Gail Palmgren and I'm sure he is wrapping his arms around you. If someone took this all away from you....please LE...bring it forward.

JMO

It is just my opinion-but no matter what L.E. officially declares this situation there will be those who will not believe it; especially if it is declared an unfortunate accident with no one else involved. They seem to be trying whichever way they can to prove that it could not be an accident. MP or someone he knows had to be involved-and if L.E. doesn't says MP is involved then they must be covering it up for him.

Even with all of this media attention-locally-statewide and locally L.E. will be covering it up? Don't think so. I did not know Gayle so I cannot say what she 100% couldn't or wouldn't do. I have followed this case from the beginning and I have seen no evidence thus far to prove that anyone else is involved nefariously in this sad situation. Since the jeep and GP have now been found-to me it seems like it was a tragic accident or I hate to say this-but may have been intentional on GP's part. Since I have heard nothing seriously to say that LE is on the take, crooked or neglient-the only thing that can be done is wait for their official determination.

And...if..their investigation doesn't agree with what my opinion is then I just have to accept that my opinion was wrong. They have no reason to want anything but the truth-and in the long run whatever our opinions are doesn't matter since they have all of the evidence-whatever it is-and we don't.

Not being disrespectful but IMHO..Lack of evidence does not necessarily mean foul play isn't involved..IMHO.There are quite alot of incidents in play surrounding Gail's disappearance for over 7 months that would lead one to believe Gail's demise may have resulted from nefarious means and foul play is involved. JMHO..
In reference to myself I've lived long enough to know I don't have to accept my opinion is wrong just because the results of any investigation don't coincide with my opinion of the subject...JMHO..

I think Willow's post is fair, as is Emerald's fwiw. Like in the Rebecca Zahau's case or even Natalie Wood's case, there will always be questions regardless of the conclusion LE comes to.

I dont think that LE has the ability to cover up their investigation. I think they have some explaining to do as to why they didnt find her sooner given the information they had available. For me, that makes me some what concerned as to their ability to interpret the accident scene-but they have some incredibly solid resources.

Of course, that is also what I thought several months ago.

So we will see what their final report is.

I think Willow's post is fair, as is Emerald's fwiw. Like in the Rebecca Zahau's case or even Natalie Wood's case, there will always be questions regardless of the conclusion LE comes to.

I dont think that LE has the ability to cover up their investigation. I think they have some explaining to do as to why they didnt find her sooner given the information they had available. For me, that makes me some what concerned as to their ability to interpret the accident scene-but they have some incredibly solid resources.

This is my biggest issue with Gail's case.
While I do care a tremendous amount about what actually caused the accident- I care more about how she could have been less than 4 miles from her last seen location, with multiple resources available to trace her location...and not be located for 6+ months.

I'm so sad for her loved ones. I imagine it hurts terribly to know someone has been so close to home, for so long- and it took so long to recover them. :(

In these days of tight budgets, I wonder if there is a pressure placed upon LE to accept an outcome that does not involve expensive legal proceedings. I'm not say there is pressure to cover anything up, not at all - rather when you have a scene that can be interpreted as an accident, but you feel something is a bit hinky, digging further or going out of one's way to prove it's not an accident might be discouraged...

In these days of tight budgets, I wonder if there is a pressure placed upon LE to accept an outcome that does not involve expensive legal proceedings. I'm not say there is pressure to cover anything up, not at all - rather when you have a scene that can be interpreted as an accident, but you feel something is a bit hinky, digging further or going out of one's way to prove it's not an accident might be discouraged...

BBM....I certainly hope and pray that won't be the case...IF any foul play is in anyway suspected LE owes it to Gail as well as her children to pursue the truth.. Gayle deserves justice and her children deserve to know the truth as to WHY they will never physically have their mother in their lives ever again...JMHO

I appreciate this post a lot. One thing though, like you said no matter what the outcome people will still not believe it. My only argument with that is if it's ruled an accident I think there will be quite a bit of people that will not believe it. If it's ruled foul play I think there will be a handful in..well let's just say disbelief.

I am still troubled that this could just be an accident. One thing I know about local people that live in higher elevations is they are not the ones going over the side of the cliff. They know the roads. Tourists or people not familiar with roads like this, yes. They can easily misjudge a curve or just the road in general. Locals or people familiar with the area just don't go offr the road unless something forced them over--whether that be something wrong with the car or something else. All of this is just baffling. I am not saying it couldn't have happened but it just does not sit right.

Thanks for posting this.

The writer left a few details out, such as MP not letting his children speak to LE etc. etc.
In fact, do we know if they ever have been able to speak to them?

I'm all about innocent until proven guilty, but there are too many coincidences here for me to let this go until I'm satisfied that a thorough investigation has been done.

[bbm]

Some statements have been made so many times that I'm no longer sure whether they are fact or rumor. This is one of them. Do we know if MP denied LE the opportunity to speak with the children?

A statement that I know I've heard over and over from official sources is that MP has been cooperative with LE. Some individuals continue to state the opposite, however, and they state it as fact. Based on what, I keep wondering? It does sometimes seem to be based on MP's lack of cooperation with the individuals making the statements, rather than any lack of cooperation with LE.

I think the question of why Gail was not found sooner is a VERY good one, considering technology and resources available; however, IF-IF-IF ... LE has good reason to believe this is not foul play, I wonder just how far we should expect them to go in proving what it was NOT.

I'm as interested in that final report as much as anybody else, but I also think there is a limit to how far they can go. It's more than a question of circumstantial evidence being enough. It's also a question of what evidence they have AGAINST foul play, that they are not sharing with us. JMO

ETA: A related question is whether the public is legally entitled to know the official cause of death. I remember one time, in trying to help somebody get a copy of a family member's death certificate, learning that only a small circle of "immediate family" was able to get the COMPLETE death certificate. I remember specifically being told I could not get a copy that included the cause of death (even though in that case it was no mystery).

Texting while driving?

Ok, let's use this example to illustrate my other point. Suppose she was texting while driving. That's a detail LE would be able to know, I'm guessing, from phone records. That would give them good reason to think this was an accident, because the dangers of texting while driving are so well documented.

What would be the benefit of releasing that information? The children would have that connection to think about every time they send a text message. Would the adults who love them want to explain that detail to them at this point in their lives or wait until later to give them the full story? Maybe, for now, just say "this was a tragic accident" and leave it at that for their sake.

I have no reason to believe she was texting while driving, but this is a very good example of a logical explanation the public wouldn't particularly be entitled to know, and that could kindly be saved for later to explain to the children.

Ok, let's use this example to illustrate my other point. Suppose she was texting while driving. That's a detail LE would be able to know, I'm guessing, from phone records. That would give them good reason to think this was an accident, because the dangers of driving are so well documented.

What would be the benefit of releasing that information? The children would have that connection to think about every time they send a text message. Would the adults who love them want to explain that detail to them at this point in their lives or wait until later to give them the full story? Maybe, for now, just say "this was a tragic accident" and leave it at that for their sake.

I have no reason to believe she was texting while driving, but this is a very good example of a logical explanation the public wouldn't particularly be entitled to know, and that could kindly be saved for later to explain to the children.
Unless told the whole truth...or as much as can be ascertained...these children (and her other loved ones) are always going to wonder and run through every what-if scenario possible. They DESERVE to know the truth, and they deserve to know the whole truth.

Unless told the whole truth...or as much as can be ascertained...these children (and her other loved ones) are always going to wonder and run through every what-if scenario possible. They DESERVE to know the truth, and they deserve to know the whole truth.

I completely agree with you about that, but I think the timing and manner of sharing the details should ideally be under the guidance of a professional counselor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni