981 users online (227 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

Central Florida

CA - Robby Ross, 19, dies in botched Richmond home invasion, 7 Dec 2011

Once again, armed citizens protect their own. Crime is out of control.

"A 19-year-old Richmond man was killed and another man wounded Wednesday night in a shooting that occurred during a botched home invasion robbery, a police lieutenant said.

A resident of the 400 block of South 35th Street shot both men after they attempted to rob the home shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday, Lt. Bisa French said.

“The resident fought back and ended up shooting them,” she said."

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

They found the guy who was later pronounced dead around the corner from the home?
    It was turned in by the city's Spotshotter gunshot detection system and not by the homeowner? I'd like to see a little more on this.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SoCal LB area
    Yeah, but Richmond is a high crime type of area...so I bet the local police know what's up. I bet there are a lot of guns for home protection there.
    Disclaimer: I have a JD, but I am not licensed to practice. Therefore, do not interpret anything contained in my posts as legal advice - they are my personal opinion only.

west of Middle of Nowhere Missouri
    Im certain this will turn into a gun control debate, but here is my two cents anyhow. If it were my home, and I felt like my children were in danger I would have done the same thing. Where I live, people dont shoot to injure, they shoot to kill. The standing rule here is, never shoot anything you dont mean to kill immediately. I cant imagine being in the postion to defend my children with a gun, but it can happen. it does happen everyday. I honestly dont think I would hesitate if it were a " bad guy or my children" situation. I would most likely have pause if it were a "bad guy or me". The way I see it is this, nobody breaking in to my home while we are there has good intentions. I wont be mistakingly killing an innocent person.