Resolved CA - Perris, WhtFem 726UFCA, Harley Davidson, 'Stoney' tattoos, Dec'88 - n/a

tifflee

Reaction score
NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/7120
Riverside County Sheriff's Department: http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/unidentified/1988-5454.asp
The Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/726ufca.html

From Riverside County Sheriff's Office:

Year Died or Found: 1988
Date Died or Found: 12-26
Sex / Race: Female / Caucasian (to include Hispanic)
Online Documents: Dental

1988-65454-sk.jpg

Unidentified ID: U88-087
Place of Death / Found: In an alleyway near 4th Street in Perris, CA
Estimated Age: It is believed this woman is between 30-40 years of age.
Hair / Eyes: She had brown/auburn hair and possibly blue or green eyes.
Hair Length: Her hair was shoulder length (8-10 inches long).
Height / Weight: She is 5'9" tall and was 105 lbs when found (not actual weight).
Features or distinguishing marks: She had a series of tattoos on her body: (a) On right shoulder area is a horse's head that turns into a flower. (b) On the left shoulder area is a depiction of a Harley Davidson eagle with the name of "John " underneath. (c) On the right side of her pubic area she had a rose with leaves and the name "Stoney" underneath. She had pierced ears.
Clothing: She had been wearing blue denim pants and white cotton underpants. No top was found and no identification or personal items were located.
Circumstances: This woman was placed in a dumpster and set afire. She was found the following day with partial charring to her body. This death is being handled as a homicide.
Other: 65454 (U88-087)
Click for large format version of sketch.

1988-5454-d.jpg

If you recognize this person, or have information about this case, please contact:
Riverside County Sheriff
Coroner's Office
800 S. Redlands Avenue - Perris, CA 92570
951-443-2300

From Doe Network:

Case File 726UFCA

726UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on December 26, 1988 in Perris, Riverside County, California
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 30-40 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"; 105 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. Brown/auburn, shoulder length hair; possibly blue or green eyes. She had a series of tattoos on her body: (a) On right shoulder area is a horse's head that turns into a flower. (b) On the left shoulder area is a depiction of a Harley Davidson eagle with the name of "John " underneath. (c) On the right side of her pubic area she had a rose with leaves and the name "Stoney" underneath. She had pierced ears.
  • Clothing: She had been wearing blue, denim pants and white, cotton underpants. No top was found and no identification or personal items were located.
  • Dentals: Available.

Case History
The victim was located in an alleyway near 4th Street in Perris, CA.
It is unknown where death occurred. It is believed that the victim was placed where she was found.
She was placed in a dumpster and set afire. She was found the following day with partial charring to her body. This death is being handled as a homicide.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Riverside County Coroner
951-443-2300

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
65454 (U88-087)

Source Information:
Riverside County Sheriff's Office

Additional details from NamUs (direct copy/paste of responses in fields):

Date found: December 26, 1988 at 11:20 AM
Body condition: Not recognizable - Charred/burned
Estimated postmortem interval: Estimated postmortem interval 1 Hours
Location found: 330 E. 4th Street, Perris, California
Circumstances of death: Business owners found this body sitll burning in the trash dumpster and summoned police, who extinguished the fire. No identification was established through all means. She had some dental work and tattoos
Head color: Auburn hair covered her head about 8-10 " long
Piercings: Pierced ears (one time each ear)
Other medical findings: gall stones, atherosclerosis of arteries to the heart, enlarged lymph nodes near the liver that may indicate long term drug use.
Fingerprint information is currently not available: charring of both hands
Clothing on body: Blue denim material, possibly a skirt (charred)
Green or black underpants with elastic waist band
(most clothing burned off and unrecognizable)
DNA Sample is currently not available: Not exhumed

Two rule-outs: Patricia Schmidt (Virginia), Sally Schneider (California)

Despite this Jane Doe's unique tattoos, she has remained unidentified for over two decades. From the information pieced together from her online profiles, it sounds like she may have led a rough life with possible long term drug use. This makes me think any search parameters have to be wider than usual because she could likely be estranged from family for years and any missing person report, if filed, may not be anywhere near the time frame she was found.

One possibility to throw out there - Julianne Jaillet (Julianne Jaillett on Doe Network and Charley Project) who was last seen June 1, 1985. Something about her profile photograph seems to resemble the UID - maybe the nose?

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11898/
The Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1699dfwa.html
Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jaillett_julianne.html
Washington State Missing Persons: http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php?wac=90M0007897
Seattle Post-Intelligencer: http://o.seattlepi.com/missing/missing.asp?letter=J

According to NamUs:
Julianne Jaillet dissapeared from her residence following an arguement with her husband, Ian Jaillet, alledgedly about her being an alcoholic. Ian reported that Julianne said she was leaving. When he returned hime, Julianne was gone and a suitcase and some of her belongings were missing. Julianne's purse and some belongings were discovered in a hotel room in Reno NV.
According to Charley Project, it has never been established that Julianne was ever actually in Reno, NV.

The health issues the UID suffered from - gall stones and atherosclerosis - can be aggravated by alcoholism.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1699DFWA

JJaillett.jpg

Julianne Cecilia Jaillett
Missing since June 1, 1985 from Bellevue, King County, Washington
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: January 28, 1949
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 125 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
  • AKA: Julianne Mcadams , Julianne Mcquaid
  • Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jaillett was last seen in Bellevue, Washington on June 1, 1985.

Sometime after her disappearance, a small bag containing her belongings was found in a lobby in Reno, Nevada.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Bellevue Police Department
425-452-6917
Email

Agency Case Number: 85B07480

Additional photographs from NamUs:

Side by sides. The second set looks less convincing to me since Julianne's face seems wider from a direct angle and the eyebrows are higher, but not sure if this is due to her expression as compared to the first set.

1988-65454-sk.jpg

1988-65454-sk.jpg

This is my mother we believe her body is in Bellevue WA or Falls City at his old property...I need media attention...asap.... more info is coming in regarding her case! I was on the Shellee Hale radio show in Bellevue WA in Oct. And everything is confirming she was killed over $$$ she spent and he is getting caught in his web of lies!!!....He never went to the police and my grandmother contacted them as soon as she found out she was missing...almost a month later....My mother did not deserve to lose her life...and he is walking free. I'm trying to get her case transferred to an actual cold case unit! SHE DESERVES TO REST IN PEACE. I want him prosecuted for her death he caused....

Cindy Irene King disapeared in 77 at age 15. It is mentioned that she has a tattoo near her groin. She's out of the age range being that in 88 she would had been 26. I think she looks slightly similar even though there isn't a straight forward shot of her.

I don't think being out of the range would exclude her. She lived a rough life so she may have aged quicker.

Cindy Irene King disapeared in 77 at age 15. It is mentioned that she has a tattoo near her groin. She's out of the age range being that in 88 she would had been 26. I think she looks slightly similar even though there isn't a straight forward shot of her.

I strongly suspect that this UID is MARY JILL ADAMS [ http://charleyproject.org/case/mary-jill-adams] .

-for some reason the site will not let me add in a side-by-side comparison-

Mary went missing in 1986 less than 100 miles from where UID was discovered; her hair [naturally red/brown--unlike the profile pic] matches UID, her age matches exactly, her weight is virtually the same, and she has a Harley Davidson tattoo [although reportedly on 'abdomen' as opposed to UID's shoulder---however I have come to mistrust people's recollections of tattoo locations when reporting MP.]

Mary's height varies quite a bit from UID's, but there is an obvious error in Mary's height on her NAMUS profile page, so I don't think that should be an automatic disqualifier.

HOWEVER we will probably never be able to get a confirmation or denial... Mary did not have dental, DNA, or fingerprints on file, and UID only has dental for comparison. Below is the reply I received when I submitted Mary Jill Adams as a potential match for this UID:

Your suggested match cannot be evaluated due to "identifiers". Identifiers are items used for comparison and to establish identity, ie fingerprints, DNA, dentals. Your missing person does not have dentals available for comparison while the only identifier that 726UFCA has available for comparison to any missing person is dentals. Thank you for your efforts in trying to resolve these cases.

I guess we will never truly know. :(

726UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction of victim.

Date of Discovery: December 26, 1988
Location of Discovery: Perris, Riverside County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Charred/burned
Cause of Death: Homicide
Estimated Age: 30-40 years old
Race: White/possibly hispanic
Measured Height: 5'9"
Measured Weight: 105 lbs
Hair Color: Red/Auburn; covered her head about 8-10 inches long.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears (one time each ear). She had gall stones, atherosclerosis of arteries to the heart, enlarged lymph nodes near the liver that may indicate long term drug use. She had some dental work. She had a series of tattoos on her body:
(a) On right shoulder area is a horse's head that turns into a flower.
(b) On the left shoulder area is a depiction of a Harley Davidson eagle with the name of "John " underneath.
(c) On the right side of her pubic area she had a rose with leaves and the name "Stoney" underneath.

Clothing: Blue denim material, possibly a skirt (charred); Green or black underpants with elastic waist band. Most clothing burned off and unrecognizable.

Circumstances of Discovery: The victim was located in an alleyway at 330 E. 4th Street. It is unknown where death occurred. It is believed that the victim was placed where she was found, in a dumpster and set afire. She was found the following day with partial charring to her body. This death is being handled as a homicide.

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

2 Missing Person Exclusions
Sally Schneider

Patricia Schmidt

Are they sure they got the height/weight right? That seems unusually small for someone said to be 5"9.
You read my mind! lol

I really think this could be Rebecca Gary...the height is the only issues I have with it. The date of last contact listed for Rebecca, in my opinion, is off. The last time someone actually saw her was on Christmas Day. I just can’t get the two of their faces out of my mind!
Rebecca Pauline Gary – The Charley Project
LA - LA - Rebecca Gary, 32, Baton Rouge, 27 Dec 1988

upload_2020-4-3_10-3-12.jpeg upload_2020-4-3_10-4-36.jpeg

Are we sure she's not indigenous? Could Stoney be indicating that she is from the Stoney Nakoda tribe?

Are we sure she's not indigenous? Could Stoney be indicating that she is from the Stoney Nakoda tribe?
And if so should we be looking in Alberta?

I'm not sure, though, if the location of the tattoo means that it refers to a lover.

Stoney Nakoda is currently Alberta territory but I believe at one point the tribe also resided in the states. They can move freely and with ease between the US and Canada because the land on both sides of the border belong to them. The "border" is a settlers thing.

I don't know much more than that (if that) I'm afraid.

#1988-65454​

Year Died or Found:1988
Date Died or Found:December 26
Sex / Race:Female / Caucasian (to include Hispanic)
Online Documents:Dental
Unidentified ID:U88-087
Place of Death / Found:In an alleyway near 4th Street in Perris, CA
Estimated Age:Adult: It is believed this woman is between 30 to 40 years of age.
Hair / Eyes:She had brown/auburn hair and possibly blue or green eyes.
Hair Length:Her hair was shoulder length (8 to 10 inches long).
Height / Weight:She is 5 feet, 9 inches tall and was 105 pounds when found (not actual weight).
Features or distinguishing marks:She had a series of tattoos on her body:
  1. On right shoulder area is a horse's head that turns into a flower.
  2. On the left shoulder area is a depiction of a Harley Davidson eagle with the name of "John " underneath.
  3. On the right side of her pubic area she had a rose with leaves and the name "Stoney" underneath. She had pierced ears.
Clothing:She had been wearing blue denim pants and white cotton underpants. No top was found and no identification or personal items were located.
Circumstances:This woman was placed in a dumpster and set afire. She was found the following day with partial charring to her body. This death is being handled as a homicide.
Other:65454 (U88-087)
Sketch:View large format version of sketch (PDF)
1988-65454 Sketch (PDF) Opens in new window
1657119684867.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123