1364 users online (226 members and 1138 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

PA - James Slack II, 25, North Shore, 6 Dec 2011

James Slack, II went missing from a concert Stage AE on the North Shore on December 6, 2011.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11343/1195973-100.stm

Nice picture at this link: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/...after-concert/

Slack was last heard from at 3 a.m. on Dec. 7 when he called a friend and told her, “I am still partying” and “I don’t know where I’m at,” police said.

Slack was wearing a green and black hooded sweatshirt, a tie-dyed shirt, black shorts, black tennis shoes and a Pittsburgh Penguins hat.

He is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, and has blond hair and a light beard.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45619629...know-where-im/
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

I really hope he's OK but LE needs to be searching the river. Too many times we've seen stories of men who disappeared while very intoxicated near water and were later found drowned. It appears the concert was downtown, very close to the river.

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Slack was wearing a green and black hooded sweatshirt, a tie-dyed shirt, black shorts, black tennis shoes and a Pittsburgh Penguins hat.

He is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds, and has blond hair and a light beard.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45619629...know-where-im/
    Anyone who may have information about Slack’s whereabouts has been asked to contact Bridgeville police at 412-279-6911

On a positive note, considering he has only been missing since the 7th, it seems the word is definitely getting around that James is missing...

But - being honest here - it bothers me when a contact phone number listed to call with any information about a missing person is NOT for LE!!!!!!

Considering this is a missing person investigation...

Bridgeville Police are not LE?

Some of his FB friends have made his poster their profile picture.
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Bridgeville Police are not LE?
    I reckon they are ( BP = LE ) but I don't see their contact information listed anywhere here:

http://glitzburgh.wordpress.com/2011...lease-re-post/

More info.....

Can't confirm the siting of him on Friday. He was supposed to be home for his niece's birthday party today & had plans to go to another concert tonight. As of right now, there's no confirmation he showed up for either.

Jim's last cell phone call pinged off the New Kensington cell tower which is a good ways away from the North Shore. The police say, however, that is the closest cell tower to Pittsburgh (can't confirm or deny). He did speak to someone around 1:30 a.m. & confirmed he was still on the North Shore and partying. The 3am phone call that he answered he said he was still partying and thought he was still on the North Shore. And that was the last anybody has heard from him.

He was wearing shorts b/c Dec. 6th was an unusually warm day for Pittsburgh. It's now in the teen's. His phone is turned off and his bank accounts have not been accessed. He only had $20 on him going to the concert.

There are fliers being handed out everywhere in the city and suburbs. Hopefully we can get a mass search during the day going tomorrow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    I really hope he's OK but LE needs to be searching the river. Too many times we've seen stories of men who disappeared while very intoxicated near water and were later found drowned. It appears the concert was downtown, very close to the river.
    That was my first thought. It's happened twice here in New Orleans recently.

A FB post says a man reported seeing him at the Lawrenceville Moose Lodge Friday night. It's located at 120 51st St, which is 700-800' from the river. But that would mean he'd been missing two days without contacting family or friends. I know of a young man who went through a similar experience about a year ago. He woke up in a hospital a few days later with little memory of where he'd been or what he had done. I hope James' story ends the same way.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh79 View Post

Jim's last cell phone call pinged off the New Kensington cell tower which is a good ways away from the North Shore. The police say, however, that is the closest cell tower to Pittsburgh (can't confirm or deny). He did speak to someone around 1:30 a.m. & confirmed he was still on the North Shore and partying. The 3am phone call that he answered he said he was still partying and thought he was still on the North Shore. And that was the last anybody has heard from him.
    His cell phone pinged 20 miles from the North Shore? In New Kensington? And this is the only tower between NK and North Shore?

Could someone a little more familiar with cell phones/towers take a look at this map? Doesn't look, to me, like a New Kensington tower is the closest tower to Pittsburgh/North Shore. Of course, IDK what I'm looking at but I find that information hard to believe.

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell...nsylvania.html

If James was in or around the New Kensington area that night, I have to question why (assuming the ping info is incorrect). I live about 10 miles from NK (but work there occasionally) but it's somewhere I won't go to once the sun goes down - for various reasons. Unless his phone made it to the NK area but James didn't.

Hoping James is found safe very soon!

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast