CANADA Canada - Angeline Pete, 29, North Vancouver, 21 May 2011

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angel...orth-Vancouver-BC-in-May-2011/260420103976826

If you see Angeline Pete please Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...7?hub=BritishColumbiaHome&utm_source=ctvbc.ca

Family still seeks missing North Vancouver woman

Angeline Pete, now 29, was last seen in North Vancouver on May 29

Descrepancy in timeline. Family says 21st, the above article states 29th.

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=230&languageId=1&contentId=22128

On May 25, 2011, Ms. Pete became aware of an arrest warrant issued for failing to appear in court.

- On May 26, 2011, Ms. Pete was last seen by a friend when she left her residence in North Vancouver.

- On August 08, 2011, Ms. Pete was first reported to the police as missing by Ms. Molly Dixon, her mother.

http://www.globaltvbc.com/angeline+...after+her+disappearance/6442535237/story.html

Angie does have a child. A 7 yr old Son.

Prayers that she if found swiftly and safely.

RCMP provide update on missing person investigation

In response to the recent article in The Province newspaper regarding Angeline Pete, the North Vancouver RCMP would like to bring clarification and account to this active investigation.

[snip]

• On May 25, 2011 Angeline Pete became aware of an arrest warrant issued for failing to appear in court.
  • On May 26, 2011 Angeline was last seen by her family when she left her residence in North Vancouver.
  • On August 08, 2011 Angeline Pete was reported missing by her family to the North Vancouver RCMP.
  • The missing person file was initially investigated by North Vancouver General Duty members.
  • On August 16, 2011 the North Vancouver RCMP issued a press release appealing to the public for any information regarding Pete to assist in her being located.
  • On September 13, 2011 the North Vancouver Serious Crime Unit took over the investigation.
More: http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=230&languageId=1&contentId=22110

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/family-of-missing-mom-makes-emotional-appeal-1.1844347

“There’s days I can’t even sleep you know wondering where she is, what happened to her,” her mother Molly Dixon said at a press conference Thursday. “There’s days I walk through the streets hoping to find [her], bump into her.”

“We need some closure here and my grandson needs his mom back,” Dixon said.

North Vancouver RCMP Cpl. Richard De Jong said police officers remain committed to the investigation. The RCMP has investigated more than 150 tips and conducted lie-detector tests on persons of interest relating to Pete’s disappearance.

God bless this poor family. I read about this in the news today. Was wondering if the family has ever set up a "Missing" Facebook Page on Angeline, to help raise awareness, to get her picture going around, for help putting up missing posters, etc. Anybody know?

There used to be a Facebook page for her. I think it was removed. Not sure why.

None of the RCMP links work anymore...why would that be?

This older report has some additional details:

Missing woman case passed to serious crime unit after police find alleged attacker
October 24, 2011

...She said family members are aware that Ms. Pete “had her lip split open” when she was hit by a man the night before she was last seen by friends. Ms. Calder said police had been unable to locate the man until recently. “He was in for questioning. … I don’t know if he is still a person of interest or what,” she said.

Read more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...r-police-find-alleged-attacker/article558763/

An excellent article was recently done on Angeline Pete. The author briefly met her a little bit before her disappearance and she really delves into her life and the circumstances surrounding the case.

Disappeared: Reconstructing a Life to Find a Missing Mother

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/disappeared-reconstructing-a-life-to-find-a-missing-mother/article31388904/

On May 25, police issued a warrant for her arrest for breaching the conditions of her sentence. North Vancouver RCMP say an officer went to the couple’s apartment that day to execute the warrant and found Mr. Calden on the phone with Angeline. The officer spoke to her, and she said she would call him back. She did, telling him she was no longer in the area; he encouraged her to turn herself in.

Since then, nobody, as far as police and her family know, has heard from her.

Her grandmother, Eileen, and her aunts missed her regular phone calls and noticed that she had stopped texting and posting messages or photos on Facebook. But she was known to leave town abruptly, and family members hoped she might be on the road, perhaps working with a carnival as she had done before.

Her mother was living in Prince Rupert at the time, 760 kilometres northwest of Vancouver as the crow flies, but left messages for Angeline at the First United Church shelter and at the Carnegie Centre, a Downtown Eastside community hub. She heard nothing back. Her grandmother, worried at not having heard from Angeline, urged Ms. Dixon to call police.

She made a report, and North Vancouver RCMP opened a file on Aug. 8, 2011.

Cpl. Reid has talked to dozens of people about Angeline, including her former fiancé, Robert Calden, and her former boyfriend, Darryl Stauffer.

He and other officers have followed up on well over 100 tips, including what turned out to be a bogus claim by someone in jail that he had spoken to Angeline after she disappeared. “I would say I have invested more hours on this than any other file I have worked on in four years,” he says.

RCMP say Mr. Calden was questioned, submitted to a polygraph test and has co-operated with the investigation.

Cpl. Reid has Angeline’s dental records. More than once, he has taken images to the scene when alerted to the discovery of an unidentified body. He always wonders if it’s her.

The last time Angeline visited her son, in April, 2011, she brought him a Detroit Red Wings jersey. They were his favourite team.

Mr. Stauffer says young Darryl is doing well in school and loves to play hockey, a sport his father says saved his own life as a teenager, by connecting him to friends who had something positive going on in their lives.

He wants the same for his son. So he does all he can to get Darryl Jr. to practices and tournaments. His aunties and his grandmother cheer him on.

“That’s why he wants to play hockey – so if he gets famous, his mom will find him.”

JAN 21, 2020
On Vancouver Island, Beaders Find a Way to Aid Search for Missing Indigenous Women | The Tyee

COVER.jpg

Angeline Pete was 28 years old when she went missing from North Vancouver in 2011. Her family has searched for her ever since, campaigning to bring awareness about their missing loved one, hoping someone would come forward with a detail that could help them crack the case.

Now Pete is one of two missing Indigenous women being featured on billboards on Vancouver Island, thanks to two hardworking beaders who made pins and earrings to fund the effort.

[...]

The billboards, which cost about $7,500, are part of the project’s effort “to bring awareness to missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls.”

[...]

Calder’s sister, Molly Dixon, was Angeline’s mother. She died in 2017.

“We say that my sister died of a broken heart because she was searching for my niece and never found her,” said Calder. “She had a heart attack.”

[...]

Calder believes the billboards could spark new leads. A number of people have already reached out to her since they first went up in late December, she said.

Billboards.jpg

[...]

There are two signs currently posted. A digital billboard in Nanoose Bay near Nanaimo features both Angeline Pete and Lisa Marie Young, who went missing in 2002 at the age of 21 near Nanoose Bay. And a regular billboard in Black Creek, north of Courtenay, has a photo of Pete. Black Creek is on Kwakwaka’wakw territory, and Pete is Kwakwaka’wakw herself.

[...]

Due to the high cost, the billboards will only be up four months. But the pair hopes to generate more revenue to have the billboards up longer and feature other missing women from Vancouver Island, Lindsay and Voyageur say.

[...]

Facebook Missing Page: Angeline Eileen Pete - Missing Since 2011

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member