1084 users online (264 members and 820 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Lowe's Pulls Ads From American Muslim Time Slot

In reaction to protests about the show, by those who feel it is "propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda's clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values," Lowe's has pulled its ads from the TLC time slot of the new reality show, All American Muslim:
    http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12...comment-696660
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

You know, I really wouldn't have a problem with this provides Lowe's pulls its ads from "Sister Wives" and "19 and Counting" as well.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    That's ridiculous. I've watched this show and it appears to show normal American Muslims just living their everyday lives. Not everyone has an agenda.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Way to go, Lowe's. Really shows you got brass. (Not!)

Lowes...weak.

They shouldn't have pulled the ads. If some people don't like the show, solution is simple. Don't watch it!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    That's ridiculous. I've watched this show and it appears to show normal American Muslims just living their everyday lives. Not everyone has an agenda.
    Well, I suppose that's what people are complaining about--it shows Muslims as normal people instead of the threatening terrorists the protesters perceive them to be.

It sounds like Lowe's is the one with the agenda. I will be checking out the show AND shopping at Home Depot.

I remember the various calls for boycotts, by gays, Anita Bryant, NOW,the NEA and others, against Rush Limbaugh. Seems like it's OK to do depending on who the target is and who the targeters are.
    I hope Lowes stands their ground. No one should be forced to advertise on any program.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    I remember the various calls for boycotts, by gays, Anita Bryant, NOW,the NEA and others, against Rush Limbaugh. Seems like it's OK to do depending on who the target is and who the targeters are.
    I hope Lowes stands their ground. No one should be forced to advertise on any program.

No one forced Lowe's to choose to advertise on the show, but THEY DID. Lowe's pulled their ads because of pressure from bigoted groups and completely deserve the backlash they are getting.

It is never okay to show prejudice and bigotry against any group. The complaints by those opposing the show are extremely ignorant and small-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by jjw View Post
    No one forced Lowe's to choose to advertise on the show, but THEY DID. Lowe's pulled their ads because of pressure from bigoted groups and completely deserve the backlash they are getting.

It is never okay to show prejudice and bigotry against any group. The complaints by those opposing the show are extremely ignorant and small-minded.
    Sure it is. There's a double standard and we all know it. If you're liberal, you get to form bigoted groups and boycott whomever for whatever.
    I never said Lowes was forced to advertise did I? And it seems the backlash is slight. Sorry to disappoint.

If this drives my stock shares even lower I will not be a happy camper. Personally, I'm glad I don't work there now after them having no backbone in this foolishness.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Sure it is. There's a double standard and we all know it. If you're liberal, you get to form bigoted groups and boycott whomever for whatever.
    I never said Lowes was forced to advertise did I? And it seems the backlash is slight. Sorry to disappoint.
    You don't know that I'm a liberal. Don't make this political, please. I never understand it when people try to group everyone into conservative or liberal.

It's bigoted to not want Muslim groups shown respect by others? If people boycott Lowe's it's for their lack of support for fellow Americans. The Muslims on this show are AMERICANS!!!!!

Don't know why anyone would be happy about this. Shame on Lowe's. Bigotry is not okay.

Lowes should get to choose their advertising spots period. It's their ad money. They are not infringing on anyone's rights. Let's leave real discrimination to stuff the government does against people, not private companies. Bigotry may not be cool, but freedom is!

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    It's LOWES money; shouldn't they be allowed to decide when and where it will be spent? As stated, no one forced them to choose to advertise on the show, so shouldn't they have the freedom to change their mind?

Quote Originally Posted by jjw View Post

" When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

Of course it's political. I never claimed you were a liberal and really don't care. Quote me if you can find me calling you a liberal.

BBM You insinuated that anyone that is boycotting Lowe's for their actions are liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Lowes should get to choose their advertising spots period. It's their ad money. They are not infringing on anyone's rights. Let's leave real discrimination to stuff the government does against people, not private companies. Bigotry may not be cool, but freedom is!

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post
    It's LOWES money; shouldn't they be allowed to decide when and where it will be spent? As stated, no one forced them to choose to advertise on the show, so shouldn't they have the freedom to change their mind?

BBM
    Lowe's has the right to choose their advertising spots. It's the REASON THEY PULLED OUT OF ADVERTISING FOR THIS SHOW THAT IS GETTING THEM BAD PRESS. It's not a valid reason to pull ad spots because they are not showing extreme Muslims on this show. It showed poor judgment to give in to the bigots. Don't give these people power. That's why some of us are angry and disappointed at Lowe's.

If you went to a Baptist church and I said all Baptists are crazy and extreme because of the actions of let's say, Westboro Baptist Church, would that be fair? No, it wouldn't be. That's what these people are trying to sell. Bigotry isn't cool and multi-million dollar businessees in this country shouldn't be participating in it!!!

JMO

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast