Lowe's Pulls Ads From American Muslim Time Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I really wouldn't have a problem with this provides Lowe's pulls its ads from "Sister Wives" and "19 and Counting" as well.

That's ridiculous. I've watched this show and it appears to show normal American Muslims just living their everyday lives. Not everyone has an agenda.

Way to go, Lowe's. Really shows you got brass. (Not!)

Lowes...weak.

They shouldn't have pulled the ads. If some people don't like the show, solution is simple. Don't watch it!

That's ridiculous. I've watched this show and it appears to show normal American Muslims just living their everyday lives. Not everyone has an agenda.

Well, I suppose that's what people are complaining about--it shows Muslims as normal people instead of the threatening terrorists the protesters perceive them to be.

It sounds like Lowe's is the one with the agenda. I will be checking out the show AND shopping at Home Depot.

I remember the various calls for boycotts, by gays, Anita Bryant, NOW,the NEA and others, against Rush Limbaugh. Seems like it's OK to do depending on who the target is and who the targeters are.
I hope Lowes stands their ground. No one should be forced to advertise on any program. :twocents:

I remember the various calls for boycotts, by gays, Anita Bryant, NOW,the NEA and others, against Rush Limbaugh. Seems like it's OK to do depending on who the target is and who the targeters are.
I hope Lowes stands their ground. No one should be forced to advertise on any program. :twocents:

No one forced Lowe's to choose to advertise on the show, but THEY DID. Lowe's pulled their ads because of pressure from bigoted groups and completely deserve the backlash they are getting.

It is never okay to show prejudice and bigotry against any group. The complaints by those opposing the show are extremely ignorant and small-minded. :banghead:

No one forced Lowe's to choose to advertise on the show, but THEY DID. Lowe's pulled their ads because of pressure from bigoted groups and completely deserve the backlash they are getting.

It is never okay to show prejudice and bigotry against any group. The complaints by those opposing the show are extremely ignorant and small-minded. :banghead:

Sure it is. There's a double standard and we all know it. If you're liberal, you get to form bigoted groups and boycott whomever for whatever.
I never said Lowes was forced to advertise did I? And it seems the backlash is slight. Sorry to disappoint. :great:

If this drives my stock shares even lower I will not be a happy camper. Personally, I'm glad I don't work there now after them having no backbone in this foolishness.

Sure it is. There's a double standard and we all know it. If you're liberal, you get to form bigoted groups and boycott whomever for whatever.
I never said Lowes was forced to advertise did I? And it seems the backlash is slight. Sorry to disappoint. :great:

You don't know that I'm a liberal. Don't make this political, please. I never understand it when people try to group everyone into conservative or liberal.

It's bigoted to not want Muslim groups shown respect by others? If people boycott Lowe's it's for their lack of support for fellow Americans. The Muslims on this show are AMERICANS!!!!!

Don't know why anyone would be happy about this. Shame on Lowe's. Bigotry is not okay.

Lowes should get to choose their advertising spots period. It's their ad money. They are not infringing on anyone's rights. Let's leave real discrimination to stuff the government does against people, not private companies. Bigotry may not be cool, but freedom is!

It's LOWES money; shouldn't they be allowed to decide when and where it will be spent? As stated, no one forced them to choose to advertise on the show, so shouldn't they have the freedom to change their mind?

Of course it's political. I never claimed you were a liberal and really don't care. Quote me if you can find me calling you a liberal.

BBM You insinuated that anyone that is boycotting Lowe's for their actions are liberal.

Lowes should get to choose their advertising spots period. It's their ad money. They are not infringing on anyone's rights. Let's leave real discrimination to stuff the government does against people, not private companies. Bigotry may not be cool, but freedom is!

It's LOWES money; shouldn't they be allowed to decide when and where it will be spent? As stated, no one forced them to choose to advertise on the show, so shouldn't they have the freedom to change their mind?

BBM
Lowe's has the right to choose their advertising spots. It's the REASON THEY PULLED OUT OF ADVERTISING FOR THIS SHOW THAT IS GETTING THEM BAD PRESS. It's not a valid reason to pull ad spots because they are not showing extreme Muslims on this show. It showed poor judgment to give in to the bigots. Don't give these people power. That's why some of us are angry and disappointed at Lowe's.

If you went to a Baptist church and I said all Baptists are crazy and extreme because of the actions of let's say, Westboro Baptist Church, would that be fair? No, it wouldn't be. That's what these people are trying to sell. Bigotry isn't cool and multi-million dollar businessees in this country shouldn't be participating in it!!!:twocents:

JMO

RBBM

Sure they should. And we, as consumers, have the right to think their decision was stupid.

:whiteflag: Let's keep the focus up here.... on :idea: and :cow: ...

And not down here... on :poke: and :bigfight: , please.

:peace:

Anita Bryant is a hardcore opponent of gay rights. She would not be protesting Rush.

That's what people used to say about private restaurants who chose not to serve black people at their lunch counters.

Of course here, Lowes is not refusing service, but they did pull ads based purely on the race and/or religion of the people featured on the reality show.

It sounds like Lowe's is the one with the agenda. I will be checking out the show AND shopping at Home Depot.

I find the show to be interesting as well as educational.

I would like to tell you how I feel about Lowe's decision, but... :censored:

Muslims are a very fast growing part of the American population. If Lowes thinks they can afford to blow them off then I guess it's their loss.

It is amusing how so many businesses and even political parties don't understand that when they do stuff like this they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361