1108 users online (176 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Pervert Raymond Kenneth Jones was on same highway as missing boy Terry Floyd
    Keith Moor, Herald Sun
    September 15, 2010 12:00am
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...3dff0d75a9ae70

'LEADING forensic psychiatrist Alan Bartholomew warned in 1975 that paedophile Raymond Kenneth Jones had a problem with boys and the propensity to murder.

Dr Bartholomew twice interviewed Jones in prison after Jones was charged with indecently assaulting a young boy in a Ballarat toilet block.'

'Dr Bartholomew provided his report on Jones to a County Court judge exactly a month after Terry Floyd, 12, disappeared while on his way home to Maryborough from nearby Avoca.

Jones was out on bail when Terry disappeared on June 28, 1975.'

'While Jones was one of many men interviewed soon after Terry disappeared, he was initially not considered a serious suspect.

That was largely because police and Maryborough locals were convinced another convicted paedophile, Francis Robert Drake, the son of the Maryborough mayor at the time, had abducted, sexually assaulted and killed Terry.

It wasn't until homicide squad detective Ron Iddles reinvestigated Terry's disappearance, while preparing for Terry's 2001 inquest, that Drake, who died in 1991, was eliminated as a suspect and Jones firmed up.

Jones drove a fawn Holden panel van at the time Terry disappeared and has admitted being on the Pyrenees Highway, travelling from Avoca to Maryborough, at the time.

Three witnesses have told police they saw a vehicle similar to Jones's panel van near the hitchhiking boy.

Jones, 58, recently told the Herald Sun he had nothing to do with the disappearance.'

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

'Daniel is Terry's angel': Premier pledges more money for brother's mine hunt
    The Age
    Kim Quinlan
    13 hours ago (as at 06:43 AEST 14 September 2017)

'Premier Daniel Andrews has been described as Terry Floyd's angel after pledging further funds to help find the body of the missing Victorian boy.

On Wednesday Mr Andrews held an extended phone conversation with Terry's brother Daryl, who has been meticulously excavating a disused gold mine at Avoca in the hopes of finding the remains of the 12-year-old, who disappeared more than 40 years ago.

Premier Daniel Andrews has been described as Terry Floyd's angel after pledging further funds to help find the body of the missing Victorian boy.

On Wednesday Mr Andrews held an extended phone conversation with Terry's brother Daryl, who has been meticulously excavating a disused gold mine at Avoca in the hopes of finding the remains of the 12-year-old, who disappeared more than 40 years ago.

"It was an honour to once again touch base with Daryl to discuss recent findings and reiterate our resolve to stand behind him in his search for his missing brother Terry," Mr Andrews said.

"The search for Terry over many decades has touched the hearts of the Victorian community and finding him will give the Floyd family the closure and hopefully the justice they deserve.

"We want to ensure the focus remains on finding Terry and not on finding the money to do so – that's why I promised Daryl we would continue to help fund the search to finally bring Terry home."

The premier's pledge follows the discovery of clothing parts, including a child's shoe, remnants of boy's underwear and the cuff of a cardigan, believed to have been worn by Terry on the day he disappeared.

Anyone with information about the disappearance and murder of Terry Floyd is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.'

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/da...13-gygs5s.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2