Reaction score
ALRiggin.jpg

Anne Lillian Riggin
Missing since May 28, 1982 from Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 16, 1956
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar above left eye, previously fractured collarbone.
AKA: Annie
Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Riggin was last seen at her residence in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on May 28, 1982.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
717-671-7542

Agency Case Number: H01-782977

NCIC Number: M-775608710
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200402081S
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1569dfpa.html

5 years ago I made a possible match to Doe Network hot case #3.

Due to poor communication issues, the thread was marked ruled out and locked. The reasoning? Hot Case #3 was identified.

That assumption was incorrect. Not only is Hot Case #3 still open, but it has been assigned a real Doe Network case file number, and it will receive national attention in January. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/812ufus.html

No one has created a thread for Anne yet, so I am taking the initiative to do that. There is also a sister thread where we compare the match between Riggin and John David Smith Doe. You can find that right here. NY - UID Female Photo in the possession of John Smith, convicted killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This thread is not to rehash what I have said. This thread is to throw new ideas. I may not be right.

So, websleuthers, lets do our thing.

She looks so much like Louise Guesti, if you didn't know better you would think she is one of her daughters....(they are probably killed all three, mother and daughters, and the date of birth do not fit)

Also she makes me think of Aroya Grande Jane Doe, but that couldn't be...............

Looking at her face...obvious is the short space between her nose and mouth, nose pointing downwards, and a very small mouth with almost no lips. It seems to me that whenever you see a reconstruction of an UID this would be noticed.

There is very little info about Anne out there. Most of the exclusions on her NAMUS file are from Virginia, which maybe means there is a reason to think she would have ended up there from Harrisburg. On another thread, I suggested that she make be the Publicker Pumphouse Jane Doe from Bucks County, as she has not been excluded from that UID's NAMUS file. However, Anne's last known contact is a year before the earliest the UID was believed to be left in the pumphouse. Thoughts? Anyone able to find more info on Anne? Was she married? Does she have family in Central PA? I found an obituary from someone who may have been her mother or mother in-law if she was married.

PA – Anne “Annie” Lillian Riggin, W/F, 25, Harrisburg, Dauphin Co – 28 May 1982

Anne “Annie” Lillian Riggin

Capture (2).JPG Anne Riggin - 1974 (2).JPG
Circa 1974

Last Contact: Friday, May 28th, 1982 (*Memorial Day Weekend)

Missing From: Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania

Physical Description:

Race: White
Sex: Female
DOB: 12/16/1956
Height: 5’3” (63”)
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair: Brown, Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing:
Characteristics/Medical/Scars: Scar above left eye, previous fractured collarbone
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status: Not Available
Dental Status: Available
DNA Status: Sample Submitted - Tests Complete

Circumstances:
Last seen at her residence in the 1200 Block of 2nd Street in Harrisburg, PA

Anne’s parents have since passed away

Investigating Agencies:
Pennsylvania State Police
800 Bretz Drive, Troop H
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17112
Tele: 717.671.7500
MP Case # H01-782977
Web:
https://www.psp.pa.gov/troop%20directory/Pages/Troop-H.aspx

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 13614: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Amy Dobbs
Tele: 865.235.6523
E-Mail: Amy.Dobbs@unthsc.edu

NCIC # M-775608710

News/Blogs:
Charley Project: http://charleyproject.org/case/anne-lillian-riggin
Doe Network #1569DFPA: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1569dfpa.html

'The Lady deserves a name': In Autauga, a 34-year-old cold case killing has not been forgotten

Age is off, but both women have a distinctively short nose to lip ratio and height and hair are right too. Strangely, it doesn’t look like they’ve put the unidentified up on namus or doe network.

She's in NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Her thread here on WS: AL - AL - Marbury, WhtFemale Skeletal, UP51903, 35-50, found in root cellar, Mar'86

This is her mother's obituary who passed in 2013. Evelyn Riggin - Monday, June 3rd, 2013

Anne "Annie" is named as surviving her mother, but no place of residence is mentioned, like with the other children.

I guess that at the time there was still hope within the family Annie was out there somewhere, but estranged.

Annie seems to have never married.

I wish we had more background info about her life, before she went missing. After all this years there is still only this:

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Anne was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 1200 block of 2nd St. in Harrisburg, PA.

How was her residence left behind? Was there evidence of a struggle/fight found. Had she moved out, was it empty or if not what was left at her residence? Was she living with a significant other, a random room mate? Did she work, if so where? Did she have mental or addiction problems? Who saw her last? When did people realize she was missing? Was/is there a missing person's record at all? She was an adult; what was Harrisburg's PD policy on that at the time, how did they handel adult missing person's cases. Did they ever investigate, with what results?

It's kind of strange all this isn't known. Doesn't Harrisburg PD have a cold case unit?

This is her mother's obituary who passed in 2013. Evelyn Riggin - Monday, June 3rd, 2013

Anne "Annie" is named as surviving her mother, but no place of residence is mentioned, like with the other children.

I guess that at the time there was still hope within the family Annie was out there somewhere, but estranged.

Annie seems to have never married.

I wish we had more background info about her life, before she went missing. After all this years there is still only this:

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Anne was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 1200 block of 2nd St. in Harrisburg, PA.

How was her residence left behind? Was there evidence of a struggle/fight found. Had she moved out, was it empty or if not what was left at her residence? Was she living with a significant other, a random room mate? Did she work, if so where? Did she have mental or addiction problems? Who saw her last? When did people realize she was missing? Was/is there a missing person's record at all? She was an adult; what was Harrisburg's PD policy on that at the time, how did they handel adult missing person's cases. Did they ever investigate, with what results?

It's kind of strange all this isn't known. Doesn't Harrisburg PD have a cold case unit?
To add about listed as surviving her mother; I read in another case that family treated their missing loved one as still being alive until, a body, a proof of death, was found. Maybe Annie's family felt the same way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back