Casey Anthony Teams With TV Producer to Shop $750,000 Interview Special

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"Los Angeles-based Scott Sternberg Productions is behind the proposed interview show, which multiple networks have passed on pursuing.
A Los Angeles-based TV producer is shopping the first interview with Casey Anthony, who was acquitted in July of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony."

"...Further complicating matters is that while the interview would likely be a ratings hit, it is not likely to be a moneymaker since it would be difficult to get advertisers to support a program that featured Anthony."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/casey-anthony-interview-tv-show-trial-verdict-272434

At least we've gone below the million dollar price tag. May it get lower and lower and lower! Actually, just give her the low ball number of $500,000.00 and call it a day! Just pick it up already and get it over with.

As much as I don't want Casey making a single cent off murdering Caylee, I think we can all rest assured that she will not really be getting any of that money herself. You have the IRS who will be waiting in line first. She already owes them a hefty amount and I figured $500,000.00 at 30% and she would owe another $150,000.00. The producer who is pitching the interview will want 15% which comes to $75,000.00. She owes all the money to the State which I found could be as high as $217,000.00.

So we have 68,000.00 in back taxes
$150,000.00 in taxes she would owe for the $500,000.00
$75,000.00 to the producer pitching the interview
$217,000.00 she owes the State and Sheriff's Department

After just these four... she would already be in the red by $10,000.00 and we have no idea what will happen with the civil trials or even what she has promised her lawyers for their services.

I'd say she's screwed any which way!

She better agree to the first offer or she is going to find the price tag dropping lower and lower.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45676830/ns/today-entertainment/

Multiple sources say Sternberg is asking between $500,000 and $750,000 to deliver Anthony, a hefty license fee to be sure. According to sources with knowledge of the proposal, networks can choose the interviewer and Scott Sternberg Productions would co-produce the program. But so far, multiple cable networks have declined. Spokespeople for Discovery Communications' TLC and ID confirmed that the networks have passed on the project. A&E Networks, which includes Lifetime and A&E, also has passed, says a spokesperson.

Good to know networks are getting the message that people don't want to hear from Casey Anthony. And they certainly don't want to see her raking in big bucks for putting her dead baby in the woods. Sorry FCA, no big break for you.. looks like you're going to have to eventually get a job and earn a living like the rest of us law abiding citizens.. :great:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45676830/ns/today-entertainment/

..... raking in big bucks for putting her dead baby in the woods. Sorry FCA, no big break for you.. looks like you're going to have to eventually get a job and earn a living like the rest of us law abiding citizens.. :great:
(respectfully snipped)
Others work their butt off to have half this much to spend on their kids' welfare and education in a lifetime. If there are those who believe she's entitled to one single cent for murdering and disposing of her child, this world has turned inside out. She deserves nothing. She's entitled to nothing. Wake up producers, she IS nothing.

Others work their butt off to have half this much to spend on their kids' welfare and education in a lifetime. If there are those who believe she's entitled to one single cent for murdering and disposing of her child, this world has turned inside out. She deserves nothing. She's entitled to nothing. Wake up producers, she IS nothing.

:goodpost:This post is what needs to be sent to this producer. I think the producer is of the same ilk as a snake oil salesman. Disgusting.

"Los Angeles-based Scott Sternberg Productions is behind the proposed interview show, which multiple networks have passed on pursuing.
A Los Angeles-based TV producer is shopping the first interview with Casey Anthony, who was acquitted in July of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony."

"...Further complicating matters is that while the interview would likely be a ratings hit, it is not likely to be a moneymaker since it would be difficult to get advertisers to support a program that featured Anthony."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/casey-anthony-interview-tv-show-trial-verdict-272434

BBM - Yes, Any advertisers that support a program that features FICA can rest assured that I will never, ever purchase one of their products and will discuss my disapproval of their support of this convcited felon with every single member of my family, friends and my entire facebook page on a daily basis.

The fact that cable networks TLC, Lifetime, A&E, and ID don't want to interview Casey makes me think that the main networks already passed on it. It would make sense for this producer to try to get a deal from the "big boys" first, and if they fails, move to cable.

The fact that cable networks TLC, Lifetime, A&E, and ID don't want to interview Casey makes me think that the main networks already passed on it. It would make sense for this producer to try to get a deal from the "big boys" first, and if they fails, move to cable.

You are correct. read the following sentence. [ I think you skimmed past it.]

Spokespeople for Discovery Communications' TLC and ID confirmed that the networks have passed on the project. A&E Networks, which includes Lifetime and A&E, also has passed, says a spokesperson.

:goodpost:This post is what needs to be sent to this producer. I think the producer is of the same ilk as a snake oil salesman. Disgusting.
So true.
If getting her story is truly their motive why don't they track her down, stalk her, catch her by surprise, hound her with question after question until the teeth-gritting, fisties and yelling start ...... and pay her nothing? Then do it again.
They do it to everyone else - regularly - so what in the name of all goodness puts a child killer off limits?
They'd get better ratings and see way more of the real OCA this way than by having her sit on a sofa with lights, camera, action in a five-star hotel like a celebrity, spinning lies she's had months to formulate.
Why offer her that honor?

You are correct. read the following sentence. [ I think you skimmed past it.]

Spokespeople for Discovery Communications' TLC and ID confirmed that the networks have passed on the project. A&E Networks, which includes Lifetime and A&E, also has passed, says a spokesperson.

I read it; that's what I was commenting about. I think that this producer asked ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC----the big main networks----if they were interested in interviewing Casey. They said no, so now he is asking cable channels, who are also saying no.

I am so thrilled that everyone important is passing on it. It makes me happy because I just know that Baez and company have been dying to cash in on this interview. And they are stuck with her until then. They are babysitting that soul less empty shell of a human and it must be really annoying. LOL

If Mr. Sternberg is reading here, I would like for you to take just a moment of your time and think about Caylee Marie Anthony. You do know who that is, right? Well, just to remind you...

Caylee Marie Anthony, 2-years-old, was murdered on June 16th, 2008 in what should have been the safety of her own home and by the one person that was supposed to love and protect her... Casey Marie Anthony.

Caylee Marie Anthony had three pieces of duct tape applied to her tiny face. Three... Long... Pieces. It was applied so tight that for six months it kept her manible in place. Six months in the sweltering Florida heat. Through a Historic Tropical Storm named Faye. Even through scavengers ripping her little body into pieces and scattering what was left of her all over those swamp-like woods filled with trash.

But even before this took place... and right after the duct tape had been applied and Caylee took her last breath... Caylee was triple bagged. Two garbage bags and one canvas laundry bag. She was then tossed into the trunk of Casey Anthony's car... a car she only had access to... and went and slept with her boyfriend... all...night...long and into the next day.

And this is who you want to make $750,000.00?? There is so much more horrifying things we all know that you obviously don't know. Just look at the pictures of little Caylee prior to her death. Look at her eyes. Look at the puffy dark circles. Something was going on.

I have to stop...

I read it; that's what I was commenting about. I think that this producer asked ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC----the big main networks----if they were interested in interviewing Casey. They said no, so now he is asking cable channels, who are also saying no.

Ok, I misunderstood. It is great news though isn't it? My husband is a writer, and one thing I know about this 'pitching' process is that once people start turning it down, it gets harder to get a' yes. ' When one network wants it, then everyone does and it starts a bidding war. But when networks turn it down because of ethical considerations [ which is rare in Hollywood] --then the others feel compelled to do the same.

What happened to those independant producers offering her the big bucks. Looks like they don't think they can sell it to any sponsors either. Ha Ha HA

I think a lot of networks are realizing that an interview with Casey just isn't worth it. I can see a lot of companies refusing to advertise during it, and there would be a lot of controversy over it, especially if it came out that every other network had turned her down. I'm sure it would bring in good ratings, but maybe they think the beating they would take in the press and by the public for it wouldn't be worth it.

I will boycott that as hard as humanly possible, then I will go back and boycott it again. :furious:

I think a lot of networks are realizing that an interview with Casey just isn't worth it. I can see a lot of companies refusing to advertise during it, and there would be a lot of controversy over it, especially if it came out that every other network had turned her down. I'm sure it would bring in good ratings, but maybe they think the beating they would take in the press and by the public for it wouldn't be worth it.
Yep. Beware the devil you seek Mr Sternberg. She has people like you for breakfast ... and spits them out when she tires of the taste.

I find it interesting that part of the deal is for the network to pick whoever they wish to do the interview. Can you imagine HLN picking it up and putting Casey Anthony in the same room with Nancy Grace for an hour? :floorlaugh:

Well, now that they are publicly seeking an interview for Casey, does this still mean she gets special treatment from the probation department? She obviously isn't that scared to get up the nerve to publicly be shopping a close to a million dollar interview?

I wonder if the networks would be more willing to interview Casey if they didn't have to pay a dime? Obviously, $750k is chump change to them, but I think the fact that they gave money to a child murderer is what would really cause the outrage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back