CANADA Canada - Shelley Loder, 44, Mono, 7 Dec 2010

Hazel

Reaction score
12-15-2010, 09:53 AM
An update on Shelley's condition was posted Monday night on her FB page. As per the TOS I cannot copy and paste the post here. Apparently she had a medical procedure done (no mention of when) to decrease the pressure on her brain, and taken out of induced coma. By the time of that post, she hadn't woken up :(

No further updates since then; everyone is praying for her speedy and full recovery.

Prayers for Shelley and her family.
GOOD NEWS!!
Yesterday, Sunday Dec. 19, a second update was posted on Shelley's FB page by her husband: She is responding well to doctor's assessments and is out of critical care :woohoo: and she is being monitored closely. They also said she is improving everyday :) .

I imagine (and hope) there is always someone with her, and that whoever did this to Shelley wont be able to get close to her.

I wish Shelley a full recovery and hopefully, she will in time be able to help LE identify her attacker.

GOOD NEWS!!
Yesterday, Sunday Dec. 19, a second update was posted on Shelley's FB page by her husband: She is responding well to doctor's assessments and is out of critical care :woohoo: and she is being monitored closely. They also said she is improving everyday :) .

I imagine (and hope) there is always someone with her, and that whoever did this to Shelley wont be able to get close to her.

I wish Shelley a full recovery and hopefully, she will in time be able to help LE identify her attacker.

Great to hear that she is turning a corner and is on her way to recovery. Hopefully she will be able to be instrumental in helping LE to apprehend the person who did this to her. Whether it's possible that it's the same person who murdered Sonia or not, it will be nice to know that at least one crazed killer is off the streets.

MOO

http://www.orangeville.com/news/loc...-slow-road-to-recovery-at-headwaters-hospital
It’s been nearly a month since Shelley’s attack. No arrests have been made and police won’t discuss possible motives.

“I know over the holidays they have been working to hopefully bring closure to this case,” Const. Peter Leon, central region communications officer for the OPP, said of investigators.

Acting-Det. Insp. Paul McCrickard of the OPP Criminal Investigations Branch is working with officers from the Dufferin and Nottawasaga detachments. Police are following up on all leads and waiting on the result of testing being done at the Centre for Forensic Science in Toronto.

“We’re hoping what they have seized from the scene, through the identification process, will help to identify who is responsible,” Leon said

http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2011-01-06/Local_News/Police_await_forensics_in_Mono_assault.html
Police may have taken a step forward in their investigation of the savage assault on Shelley Loder in Mono last month, but have no new information to release in the fourmonth old killing of nurse Sonia Varaschin
Snip
“There has been no major connection drawn between the two.”

He didn’t say on Tuesday whether Ms. Loder has been able to assist in any way with the Mono investigation, but did confirm that she is now listed in “fair to stable” condition and remains under medical care in a hospital.

"In that investigation, the OPP is awaiting results of a forensics examination of “evidence seized at the scene,” and hoping it “will shed some light on the identity of the perpetrator,” Mr. Leon said

Happy to see this family getting some help from the community!
http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2011-02-24/Local_News/Restaurateurs_come_to_Loder_familys_aid.html
Restaurateurs come to Loder family’s aid 2011-02-24 / Local News
To help a Mono family hit by a brutal assault on Dec. 7, 2010, area restaurants are combining their expertise and staging a culinary fundraiser on March 26 at the Mono Community Centre.

Shelley Loder, a photographer, was the victim of an attack in her home that left her hospitalized and in intensive care in Toronto.

With her husband, Glen, in college pursuing a nursing degree, the family was left without an income.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/904813
Shelly Loder, oops sorry about that- I was doubting myself even as I typed the initials..
On a quiet country road just north of Orangeville, a 44-year-old woman was viciously attacked Tuesday afternoon

She was found by a family member inside a photo studio that stands next her house, an old converted school in Mono where she lives with her husband and two kids.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/904813
Shelly Loder, oops sorry about that- I was doubting myself even as I typed the initials..
On a quiet country road just north of Orangeville, a 44-year-old woman was viciously attacked Tuesday afternoon

She was found by a family member inside a photo studio that stands next her house, an old converted school in Mono where she lives with her husband and two kids.

Oh yes - thanks so much!

I've always felt that there has to be a link between SL and SV. However, LE *seems* to not be saying there is a link, so......:fence:

I've been trying to find 'new news' about SL's condition (ie. is she able to provide LE with a description of the attacker), but I can find nothing at all.

Now, IF SV and SL are linked - that brings us right back to a serial attacker/killer.:twocents:

wonder if there's any workcrews around there who might be staying at the motel ... and who might have also been in Sonia's neighbourhood

the description said this guy was wearing a ski jacket ... which seems really heavy for the temperatures

also, what was he doing there at 2 a.m., except laying in wait for a victim or was it spur of the moment (on his way home from work/bar/party)? are any businesses around there, besides the motel, open at that time? was the grocery store open? (some of them are 24/7) I hope they pull surveillance from nearby bars

I think he'll be caught quickly if people in that area think about who they associated with that night who was dressed in that manner and who has reddish hair - the jacket & hair will be his downfall IMO

the only way he'll get away with this is if he's a transient and no one really knows him ... and if so, then he's also probably long gone

perhaps someone local can get pics ... doesn't Valleyboy live in that area?

Sorry LadyL, I think that description is for the man seen around Mono when Shelley Loder was attacked. I wanted a refresher about what that guy looked like. It's not the same description for the guy running on the video behind the Metro in Orillia. Sorry about the confusion.

This was posted in Audrey's thread ( LINK )
In SV'smurder a Tim Horton's is very close to her house, the wood that backs onto her property is feet away from the drivethrough.Also there is a lot of parking space with the bulk barn and the liquor store there as well. You could park there all night and no one would notice. From there it would be a full circle to do the deed and arrive back at Greenhawks just over the road from T.H
There is something I have been pondering about for a long time. Please bear with me while I try to put my thoughts together :blushing1:
I've been wondering if the perp(s) owned a car or not:

( 1 ) On foot -- No car:

Did he live in Orangeville, and left Sonia's car behind Greenhawks, and then left on foot? If that was the case, he would have left a trail of scent for the K-9 units to follow. Is that what happened? Is that what led LE to check:
Last Saturday, an OPP forensics van was parked for most of the day outside a Broadway apartment building in downtown Orangeville, just a five-minute drive from the semisecluded townhome by a ravine where Varaschin lived alone.

The downtown Orangeville apartment building is less than five minutes by car from the downtown parkette where Varaschin’s blood-spattered white Toyota Corolla was found on Aug. 30 with its trunk and doors open. [please don't get distracted with this last phrase; from what we learned later, seems that was not the case, but that is not the focus of my post at the moment]

The apartment building is also just a five-minute drive from the country home near Mono off Hwy. 10 where professional photographer Shelley Loder was attacked last week.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/907571--fbi-analysts-weigh-in-on-orangeville-murder

If perp(s) used his own car:
( 2 ) Did he drive Sonia's body in her car to where he dumped her body, and then drove back to Orangeville and left her car at GH? Did LE find traces of soil/gravel/etc. from that Caledon area in Sonia's wheels ? OR

( 3 )
(and this is the theory I had been pondering about) Did the perp(s) park his car behind GH, walked to Sonia's townhouse, drove her car with her body to the GH location, then moved her body into his car, and drove to the Caledon location in his car ????????????????????????

Unless LE found evidence that Sonia's car was in fact the one used to get to where her body was dumped, then IMO, this theory will make a bit more sense.

This could explain why her car was found parked behind the GH, and will also tell us the perp(s) was not taking unnecessary risks by driving her bloody car back to town, and then walk around in bloody clothes.

This could also add the possibility that the perp(s) is not from Orangeville...after dumping her body, he could have taken off in his own car and drove north, south, east or west. All just my own opinion. Hope I explained it clearly enough :/

Comments?

Tomorrow marks one year since the brutal attack on Shelley Lorraine Loder
- there have been no updates on how she is recovering - no updates on the investigation -

I hope she keeps improving every day, and wish her full recovery.
Found this picture of her on a Google search
images

click on image (below) to play old VIDEO

This is so discouraging to me. WTH is going on with these investigations? Is it safe to be a woman in the Orangeville area or what? Shelley's family was home at the time of her attack and the perp went in and ravaged her. Sonia lived in a townhouse complex and no one know squat???

http://www.orangeville.com/news/loc...-for-attempted-murderer-reaches-one-year-mark

By Bill Tremblay
|
Dec 12, 2011 - 3:18 PM

Search for attempted murderer reaches one-year mark
"A year has passed since the violent attack that left Shelley Loder fighting for her life. As time moves forward, so does the investigation into the assault.
Police were called to Loder’s home, located on 10th Sideroad in Mono, shortly before 5 p.m. on Dec. 7, 2010. A family member found the 44-year-old woman in her photography studio beside her home suffering from serious injuries. Police have not released a motive for the attack.
OPP spokesperson Const. Peter Leon said forensic evidence retrieved from Loder’s property is helping police piece together a portrait of her attacker.
“We do have evidence that is assisting our investigators. We want to make sure the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed,” Leon said, adding the Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto is analyzing evidence".

http://www.orangeville.com/news/loc...-for-attempted-murderer-reaches-one-year-mark
"“They are confident they will find the person responsible and criminal charges will be laid,” Leon said.
“We are still very actively involved in the investigation.”
In February, police released a sketch of a man, who was seen near the area of the assault. Leon said the sketch is still relevant to the ongoing investigation.
“The best information we have to go with is that one individual that was seen in the area,” he said.
Investigators have also compared evidence from the attack to other violent crimes in the region. The comparison has revealed a connection is unlikely to exist, Leon said, noting Loder’s attack is being investigated as an isolated incident.
“There are reasons for the investigators to believe they aren’t related. I can’t go into specifics or details,” Leon said. “They are not similar, I can say that.”
Although police believe the incident is isolated, Leon said residents must remain vigilant to protect their own safety.
“People need to recognize that you do need to lock your doors and be very cautious and vigilant of your surroundings,” Leon said.
“We’re seeing crimes take place that we are not used to seeing in some of our communities.”
Police continue to solicit any information from the public that may assist in the Mono investigation.
“No matter how small the information is, it’s still relevant a year later,” Leon said. “That information can be followed up I can assure you of that.”
According to Leon, the mystery of Loder’s attacker is far from being considered a cold case.
“We’ll continue to investigate until the person responsible is located and placed before a court of justice,” Leon said. “We’re in the business of solving crimes.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or the OPP Provincial Communications Centre at 1-888-310-1122"

Fantastic news! This is like music to my ears! I also noticed they have added a bit more detail to the composite sketch (POI).
“We do have evidence that is assisting our investigators. We want to make sure the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed,” Leon said, adding the Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto is analyzing evidence.

Evidence, combined with public information, helps sustain investigators’ belief her assailant will be brought to justice.

“They are confident they will find the person responsible and criminal charges will be laid,” Leon said.
“We are still very actively involved in the investigation.”

In February, police released a sketch of a man, who was seen near the area of the assault. Leon said the sketch is still relevant to the ongoing investigation.
“The best information we have to go with is that one individual that was seen in the area,” he said.

d66458d742a5b74385266f4bd0dc.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...savagely-beaten-in-mono-says-recovery-is-slow

This is an older case and the article is from 2010. There may be connections between this case and Audrey Gleaves: Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario, #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community and Sonia Varaschin's case. Sonia was located deceased and her thread is in the missing located forum: Found Deceased Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

go get him LE !! :great: full article & composite with added detailing: http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/1261834--search-for-attempted-murderer-reaches-one-year-mark

I've been saying that all along, that I believe AG's killing was a COPYCAT

Well, I was thinking that AG, SL and SV were all related. You know, the same attacker/killer.

Now - I'm wondering if SL's son was involved. Please don't be upset by what I've said here. Kindly remember that I work with young criminals/killers aged 9 - 17. :blushing: That said, the composite looks much older than the 'young' age group. (I did deal with a young offender who looked very much like this composite! I'll do some digging and see if I can locate him. He was released back into the 'regular school sytem' after he'd served three years for murder one. He killed a woman at age 13 and was placed in a jail for young offenders).

ETA: And I should add that the young offender I'm talking about (who looks like the composite pic) was found in the woods near Orangeville after he'd committed murder at age 13!

Thankyou Salem (and Hazel) for trimming and styling this thread!

Thanks to Salem for adding links to the AG and SL cases. It makes locating the threads easier - at least, it does for me!! :)

ETA: I have added info about the composite in the SL case in the AG thread. If you're interested, kindly see over there!
Thanks....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back