1241 users online (214 members and 1027 guests)  

Websleuths News

Question Tapatalk help....

I am hoping someone can help me out with this problem I am having.

I have been using Tapatalk for quite a while now. I've never had any problems until recently. During the last week our so I can not access any posted links. Every single link sends me to "Web page unavailable". This only happens when using Tapatalk. And also only seams to be with specifically Websleuths. When I accessed another forum through Tapatalk... the links work.

Example:

When I click on this link in one of the posts....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...verdict-272434

It takes me to this...

Web page not available

The Web page at http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click? key=a7e5ffb24b9e84f4f4f6bbd88aa4e5b8&out=http%3A%2 F%2Fwww.hollywoodreporter.com%2Fnews%2Fcasey-anthony-interview-tv-show-trial-verdict-272434&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.websleuths.com%2Fforum s&subid=d5cfead94f5350c12c322b5b664544c1 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:

Check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection Reload this web page later. View a cached copy of the web page from Google

And like I said...every single link does the same thing. It has never done this before. My signal and data connection is the same I am using right now. I'm accessing the site directly with my phone at this time. Not sure what is causing this to happen. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks in advance for any help or advise. I appreciate it so much.

Mine is doing this too. I have to use my browser for everything instead of my app

Can you point me to a page this is happening on, I will check it out thru tapatalk

Tapatalk help....

Using Tapatalk: since 5/28 and despite refreshing, "Participated" feature has not updated - ???

"Participated" tracts any new posts to threads in which the user has ever posted but has chosen, for whatever reason, to not subscribe or no longer subscribe. Was very useful!
    MOO

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    The Tapatalk issue should be fixed now. Please try again.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Tapatalk help....

Remains unchanged & an issue in Tapatalk "Participated" after refresh with 5/28 as last date displayed despite posts posted since.
    MOO

The "participated" view started working properly for me again today.
    And I notice since I looked Friday, subscribers to Websleuths through Tapatalk just rolled 10,000 followers. Congrats!

Just tried "Participated" again and still not updating for me. Refreshed, still shows 5/28 at last posts despite more recent posts on those threads. Not a big deal but it was useful.
    MOO

I let Tapatalk upgrades auto-update. I see the new thread already I just made minutes ago in Participated view. My version is 4.15.5 Build 505 if that helps. It updates weekly it feels like. All different all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    I let Tapatalk upgrades auto-update. I see the new thread already I just made minutes ago in Participated view. My version is 4.15.5 Build 505 if that helps. It updates weekly it feels like. All different all the time.
    Thanks KateB - Perhaps that's the problem - I have older phone with older iOS and probably can't update app so features could be becoming unavailable to my older phone - time to get a new phone.
    MOO

It did stop working though for 2-3 days and only returned this morning. Maybe Tapatalk internal updates are still propagating.

The participated view quit working again this morning. So don't buy that new phone just for that.