MA MA - John, 69, & Geraldine Magee, 67, Andover, 14 Dec 2011

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
"Investigators are combing through the mansion of a prominent Boston-area real estate attorney and developer after he and his wife were found shot to death in their home, the victims of an apparent double homicide.

John Magee, 69, and Geraldine Magee, 67, were found dead about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, having been gunned down on the first floor of their sprawling estate in the affluent community of Andover, Mass. They were discovered by their daughter.

The front door of the couple's home was found unlocked with the family dog still inside, according to police, and the couple's Lexus SUV was found torched 25 miles away, in Boston's North End, in an area that has come to be known for organized crime activity."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-mansion-murders-couple-gunned-home/story?id=15159796

I saw this on GMA earlier. I am really interested to see how this investigation plays out. My mind has wandered to a million different places.

Their poor daughter and grandchildren. Not that something like this should ever happen but it has to be especially painful right during the Christmas season.

This one has caught my attention for some reason. The torched car found in a bad part of Boston sounds like a staged scene to me.

Sounds like a foreclosure victim went a little nuts.

From fhc's link above..

"He said authorities are processing the family’s burned car for evidence. The Magees’ vehicle was found by Boston firefighters on fire Tuesday night on Prince Street in the North End. It became a clue in the case after the bodies were discovered the next morning."

Wouldn't the fire dept have attmpted to contact the police or the owners of the vehicle upon recovery of a burnt vehicle? It just strikes me as odd.

What an awful story!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/massachuse...ls-emerge-police-seek-clues/story?id=15168313

Massachusetts Mansion Murders: Details Emerge as Police Seek Clues

The Boston-area couple that was gunned down in their multi-million dollar mansion was reportedly found lying head-to-head, shot in their necks, with all shell casings cleaned from the scene of the crime, all signs pointing to a well-planned murder.

Police investigating the murder of real-estate developer John "Jack" Magee, 69, and his wife Geraldine, 67, are now calling the crime a double homicide, but refuse to confirm further details in their investigation and are saying only that they have no suspects. An autopsy is now being conducted to find out exactly how the couple died.

I would really like to know what kind of dog they have, if it is a yorkie for example then I can understand the dog no being hurt, but if it is an aggressive breed and the dog was still in the house, that would tell me that it could have been someone that the dog knew.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/12/boston-couple-murders-details-john-geraldine-magee

(snip)
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, police are reportedly telling neighbors that there is no cause for fear following the murders.

The incident appears to be... an isolated act. And the circumstances lead us to believe that there is no further threat to the Andover community," Andover Police Chief Brian Pattullo said. "I don't want to give out any specifics that may compromise our investigation."

The perp had to arrive on foot or driven by someone else.
If on foot, it's strange that they weren't seen in the neighborhood.
They also had to be confident that they would find the keys to the car, or be able to escape without being seen if they couldn't.
If driven by someone else, a reward may help that person to come forward.
They probably weren't low income, or they would have kept and sold the car, rather than torching it. They didn't rob the house of valuables.
They probably have a record, with a history of violence, or they wouldn't think to collect the shells.

It will be interesting to find out, what happens to the business and the estate now that they are dead, that would not have happened before? Does this murder change whether the son gets the business? Distribution of some other assets?
Did the daughter have any enemies who might have wanted her to find her parents dead?
Who knew that they had a dog, but that the dog wouldn't be aggressive to them, or wouldn't be a problem?
Have there been strangers in the neighborhood recently?

Magee was working with his son, who lives in Somerville, as the younger Magee prepared to take charge of the company.

Wonder about his son who was going to take over . . .

That was my first thought, too. Wasn't it reported that the son was at the house the night before to switch out dump trucks? I just started reading about this case so need to catch up.

Oh dear...already it is being called an "isolated incident" with no reason for the community to fear. That means, IMO, they have a good idea who did this and that it was not done by a stranger to the couple, which might also explain allowing the dog to survive...I hope it is not a family-related murder over money...those sicken me just about as much as any possible motive...JMO

Oh dear...already it is being called an "isolated incident" with no reason for the community to fear. That means, IMO, they have a good idea who did this and that it was not done by a stranger to the couple, which might also explain allowing the dog to survive...I hope it is not a family-related murder over money...those sicken me just about as much as any possible motive...JMO

I have a feeling that is where this is headed. Also they were shot in the neck. Not sure what a criminal profiler would say about that. If the killer knew the Magees then he/she also knew that every Wednesday the couple babysat for their grandchildren.

Real estate and development? And the north end? I'm going with mob related. It's a well known fact that in the northeast, organized crime has their fingers in the pie of any major development projects. Perhaps someone didn't get their payoff on a job that Magee's company was involved in?

:twocents:

This one has caught my attention for some reason. The torched car found in a bad part of Boston sounds like a staged scene to me.

Magee was working with his son, who lives in Somerville, as the younger Magee prepared to take charge of the company.

Wonder about his son who was going to take over . . .

That was my first thought, too. Wasn't it reported that the son was at the house the night before to switch out dump trucks? I just started reading about this case so need to catch up.

Yes... my mind is wondering in a direction that I don't want it to. But I think this will be solved 'close to home'. :(

(ETA - I think it says a lot when LE issues a statement that the public is not in danger)

bbm

He also told me the couple's son, whom he says lives in Somerville, went up to Andover the night before to switch out dump trucks at the house.

So far police have called this an isolated act, and don't believe the public is at risk. They say the door to the home was unlocked, and there were no signs of a break-in.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...r-murder-victims-speak-20111215#ixzz1guXggnqK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back