1242 users online (293 members and 949 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

AZ - Parents abuse 7 week old son

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...nes?hpt=ju_bn6

Taylor Basilio
    Candice Basilio

it was found that the boy was severely underweight.

The doctor reportedly ordered the couple to take their son to the hospital, where staff discovered the boy had several broken ribs, a fractured skull, and a fractured clavicle.

According to the police report, Basilio and his wife, who are both deaf, were struggling to care for the boy and get enough formula for him.

Glad to read that both parents admitted to abusing him and are now in jail...I hope he recovers and they will give up rights so he can be adopted.

They are obviously not prepared to be parents.

At least they both admitted it. Admitted they had an anger problem. Perhaps they can be rehabilited with parenting classes and effectively parent.

Respectfully, I don't think their being deaf had anything to do with their abusing their children. I find it reprehensible the journalist chose to include that information in the article.

Years ago I worked with a man who was deaf. His wife was also deaf. They have 3 happy, healthy, well cared for, smart children. He was one of the kindess men I ever met. I bawled like a baby when he left the company. He was always kind. Lived nearby. We'd carpool together whenever either of us had car trouble.

I did ask, when his children were infants cried, especially the oldest, how he and his wife were alerted to the children crying. He told me they had light bulbs in various rooms of the home and the lights would turn on when the baby cried. As they had more children, the oldest would come get mom or dad. They were an amazing family. I haven't seen them in ages.

Just because someone is deaf doesn't mean they are ineffective parents.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    maybe the journalist included the info about them being deaf b/c it means they won't be able to use the excuse that constant crying made them snap

July 2013:

A Phoenix mother has been sentenced to 10 years probation on child abuse charges.

Judge John Ditsworth made the ruling for Candice Basilio on Friday morning in Maricopa County, according to court spokesman Vincent Funari.

Her husband, Taylor Basilio, 29, was sentenced earlier this month to six years in prison for child abuse.
    http://www.kpho.com/story/16308795/p...ild-abuse-case

basilios.jpg