957 users online (135 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    I say this case needs a completely new team to review every detail in this case!!

I didn't mind it being a rerun at all, these girls/women deserves to have their story out there again.

This is OT, but it irritates me that it seems to be a consensus in the US now that every person with bipolar is crazy or just downright trouble. I see time and time again (also here on WS) statements like "she's probably bipolar" or "he must be the killer, his actions are very bipolar."
    I couldn't agree with you more - it seems like at some point in the last decade or so, "bi-polar" came onto the map and entered the general population's consciousness, and now everyone thinks they know what that is and what it means but most don't actually have a clue. They use it as almost a catch-phrase for any type of mental illness or mental or emotional issue. The word is bandied around left, right and center. It really bothers me, and while one might think greater awareness might help remove the stigma of mental illness, it's still there, and misinformation and ignorance just make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jjw View Post
    Watched this last night and was shocked that he was willing to say it was a drowning without awaiting the autopsy report. Why is he so insistent to say she isn't a victim of the serial killer? She fits the profile of his victims and is found in the same area.

I was also angry at the insinuations that she was "mentally ill" so she must have been having a "break" at the time of death. Why so quick to say she was "delusional" instead of real danger? She obviously was afraid, and the man said the asian guy was following her. I would be afraid, too. The police are trying to shift blame on her because of the slowness of their department to the scene.

Could it be a drowning? Yes. But investigators need to wait and show evidence of one before declaring it one.

I felt so sorry for the families of these women. You could see the heartbreak in their faces. It angers me the police do not take the disappearance of sex workers more seriously. They are human beings. Police are there to protect all citizens. Seems to me the police would be more worried about a sex worker disappearing with the increased risk of violence in that line of work.

jmo
    Brilliantly put, IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Let's revisit the killer's voice. We know that some family members, pimps/boyfriends/drivers/protection guys believe that they have spoken to this killer. LE suggests this as well.

In this 48 Hours Edition we are reminded that several of the questionable characters have spoken in interviews and their voices can be heard on tape.

The men who have readily spoken on tape:
    DS
    CPH
    GC
    JB

Presumably, the little sister of MB would remember if one of those men had the same voice. It would seem that after all this time that the family members, some of whom have met CPH in person, and some who by now have heard him speak, on camera, would know if his is the voice of the killer or not.

Men who, it seems, have not been heard on tape.
    MP, can be heard cooing to his bedazzled pups, on that Youtube video, but that is a voice that a person uses when they "baby talk" to children, loved ones or pets. He has, AFAIK, never permitted any taped interview.

HA, has he been heard on tape?

"The Drifter," he has never been publicly ID'd so it would seem that he hasn't been heard on tape either.

Just to be thorough...
    Officer Malia? Has he ever been interviewed on tape?
    Pak was on the A&E special. My question is, did they manage to record the voice of the caller? They haven't indicated that they have. So much time has gone by, it may be hard to identify a voice unless it was very distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by the quiet girl View Post
    Pak was on one of these shows, I think the first one?
    You're right - I believe it was the A & E special.

Dormer

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon2 View Post
    Brilliantly put, IMO!
    Dormer seems to be clueless, evasive, in denial, or cleverly playing mind games with the perp.

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Let's revisit the killer's voice. We know that some family members, pimps/boyfriends/drivers/protection guys believe that they have spoken to this killer. LE suggests this as well.

In this 48 Hours Edition we are reminded that several of the questionable characters have spoken in interviews and their voices can be heard on tape.

The men who have readily spoken on tape:
    DS
    CPH
    GC
    JB

Presumably, the little sister of MB would remember if one of those men had the same voice. It would seem that after all this time that the family members, some of whom have met CPH in person, and some who by now have heard him speak, on camera, would know if his is the voice of the killer or not.

Men who, it seems, have not been heard on tape.
    MP, can be heard cooing to his bedazzled pups, on that Youtube video, but that is a voice that a person uses when they "baby talk" to children, loved ones or pets. He has, AFAIK, never permitted any taped interview.

HA, has he been heard on tape?

"The Drifter," he has never been publicly ID'd so it would seem that he hasn't been heard on tape either.

Just to be thorough...
    Officer Malia? Has he ever been interviewed on tape?
    What if the perp has access to voice manipulation software and can, in real time, change his voice over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone101 View Post
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...hours-mystery/

“You know, that’s explainable because she’s hysterical,” said Dormer. “We know that and she’s discarding her possessions as she moves along. Her jeans could have come off moving in that environment. We’ve looked at this very carefully and that is a possibility, that the jeans came off and she kept running, kept running towards the lights. Obviously, she was disturbed that night.”

------------
    More on the morning show mentioned above
    Video clip with more of a trailer for the show
    Sorry, I'm not buying his theory. That was rather insulting to her family.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss_cantbwrong View Post
    Am I the only one that caught this....???
    GC is on 48Hours stating along the lines that he let Shannan in his house...
    She was looking through him, whatever.
    He says "I was standing here, she was standing right there.... "
    About 5 feet from each other.
    He goes on to state that he then says how he grabbed the phone and called 911... all while staying in that same spot.... then says "I told Shannan I had called 911..." Well if you were 5 feet in front of her... wouldn't she have seen and heard you call 911? Why did she not leave till you supposedly reported back to her that you called 911? I'll tell you why... because he probably called 911 about 5 feet from her, but I can pretty much guarantee she was on the other side of the door!

The other day someone mentioned that in a very early interview, or from a local at the very beginning, that GC said he didn't let her in. I think this makes her behavior at GCs make more sense. Notice the word "sense". Before we were all "wow, she was acting really weird at GCs" and people attributed this to the drugs or mental issues or whatever. Well, if it's true that GC didn't let her in then it makes her look rational doesn't it?

I couldn't agree with you more - it seems like at some point in the last decade or so, "bi-polar" came onto the map and entered the general population's consciousness, and now everyone thinks they know what that is and what it means but most don't actually have a clue. They use it as almost a catch-phrase for any type of mental illness or mental or emotional issue. The word is bandied around left, right and center. It really bothers me, and while one might think greater awareness might help remove the stigma of mental illness, it's still there, and misinformation and ignorance just make it worse.
    Right. My BIL is bipolar. He doesn't just randomly snap away from reality and claim to hear voices or say that people are trying to kill him. He is still aware of right and wrong, still functional etc, just gets more....well manic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwntwnslim View Post
    Well put post.

The only thing I might disagree with is the "hard to spot" part. Let me run this past you and everyone else: The reason I made the comic book reference is that I get a strong geek vibe coming from the perp. Like a math/science/computer geek (I'm leaning more toward computer geek).

It has been my experience that geeks are very welcoming and accepting of wide ranges of personalities. They especially appreciate quirkiness in a person. But, this perp is the kind of geek that other geeks can't even stand.
    He presents himself as an expert on everything whether he is or not. He will butt into other people's conversations, now matter the topic, just to show them how smart he is. He will correct your grammar unsolicited. And, even when presented with proof that he is wrong, will not back down. Ever. He will resort to making fun of a person if they don't align with his thinking.

He drives people up the wall. When he is on his best behavior, he is barely tolerable. People go out of their way to avoid him.

To me, this type of person would stand out.

Now, with that said, I recognize that I could be totally wrong about this.
    If I were profiling him I'd say he might be a bit of a conundrum in that his soft spoken and intellectual demeanor might not match his physique. I don't think he looks like a geeky weakling. Moving bodies back and forth would require some strength. Even a 100 lb dead weight lift can throw a back out!

You're right - I believe it was the A & E special.
    That's the one I can't see...don't have A&E.

It was the same thing just about that aired last night.
    I bet they have it to view on the web site.

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7392036n&tag=contentMain;contentBody"]The Long Island Serial Killer - 48 Hours - CBS News[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    If I were profiling him I'd say he might be a bit of a conundrum in that his soft spoken and intellectual demeanor might not match his physique. I don't think he looks like a geeky weakling. Moving bodies back and forth would require some strength. Even a 100 lb dead weight lift can throw a back out!
    Good point.

I still think, maybe, in terms of personality, he's all geek (a really grating, attention sucking one). IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone101 View Post
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...hours-mystery/

“You know, that’s explainable because she’s hysterical,” said Dormer. “We know that and she’s discarding her possessions as she moves along. Her jeans could have come off moving in that environment. We’ve looked at this very carefully and that is a possibility, that the jeans came off and she kept running, kept running towards the lights. Obviously, she was disturbed that night.”

------------
    More on the morning show mentioned above
    Video clip with more of a trailer for the show
    I haven't seen the special so thanks to all for the summaries. I've been yammering on about the jeans and purse in some of the other threads:

Apparently GC has confirmed SG did not have her purse with her when she was at his house:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The GB4 and Shannan Gilbert-Connecting the dots

So how did Shannan just happen run out of her jeans in the same darn spot that her purse was found ... you know, the purse that she didn't even have with her at Coletti's ??
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-10-2016 at 03:16 PM. Reason: change 'ame' to 'url'

I wish I read through all of the threads (especially thread 10) before I opened my big mouth!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast