Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FightTheOstrich View Post
    I wonder how significant not clearing him is. Since they have not used the media to put pressure on anyone, if he's innocent I really don't see the harm in clearing him, especially for the benefit of the children. Which leads me to think...
    MOO
    I haven't seen anything about the autopsy results or any evidence, so I guess that hasn't been released?

I keep going back to the fact that her car, belongings and Karen were found in such different places. That doesn't seem like something a random person would do, so it could be a situation where there's not enough for an arrest, but too much to rule the husband out.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I haven't seen anything about the autopsy results or any evidence, so I guess that hasn't been released?

I keep going back to the fact that her car, belongings and Karen were found in such different places. That doesn't seem like something a random person would do, so it could be a situation where there's not enough for an arrest, but too much to rule the husband out.
    ITA, perhaps similar to the Anthony case where it's obvious yet the evidence isn't as strong as they would like?

MOO

Justice for Karen!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoseRed For This Useful Post:

I check here often to see if there has been news that I have missed. I haven't posted lately since I do not have anything to offer, but I want to say thanks for everyone who is keeping Karen's family and friends in their prayers.

Not sure if this matters, but while talking with Karen's mom weeks ago I had asked her to make sure to let me know when they make the arrangements for Karen. She told me back then that she doesn't know anything but thinks that David is planning on bringing her to Pocahontas, Ar.

I am still baffled and very torn with my feelings. I guess all we can do is wait and pray for justice.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Here4myfriend For This Useful Post:

I know nothing about the case other than what I have read in the news media. Let’s forget the husband aspect of this for a minute. If she did leave the house in the middle of the night; why? To get meds for the sick child or maybe to meet someone, possibly? The proximity of her vehicle to her home leads me to believe she wanted to be far enough as to not be sitting in front of the house.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to logcabin61 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logcabin61 View Post
    I know nothing about the case other than what I have read in the news media. Letís forget the husband aspect of this for a minute. If she did leave the house in the middle of the night; why? To get meds for the sick child or maybe to meet someone, possibly? The proximity of her vehicle to her home leads me to believe she wanted to be far enough as to not be sitting in front of the house.
    Tracking dogs could not pick up Karen's scent around the car, implying that she never got our of the car at that location. I don't know that it's "Carved in Stone" that she wasn't there if the dogs didn't pick up her scent but it is a clue. Also, Karen was a runner - if she ran in that location, looks like her trail would have still been along the highway.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    Tracking dogs could not pick up Karen's scent around the car, implying that she never got our of the car at that location. I don't know that it's "Carved in Stone" that she wasn't there if the dogs didn't pick up her scent but it is a clue. Also, Karen was a runner - if she ran in that location, looks like her trail would have still been along the highway.

Yea don't know how reliable the tracking dogs are, should have picke up on her scent if she runs in the area. I read an article about a man who went missing the dogs pick up on his sent at his office 3 weeks latter. Not to sure about the dogs they used. I am willing to bet that because they released the body they have to be close, or it will be one of those cases, LE knows who did it but just can't prove it in a court of law.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logcabin61 For This Useful Post:

I think there were several cases here (on WS) where the perp was arrested on the day of the funeral. I have hope that Karen's murderer will be arrested this week. I know that it would be a relief for the family.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Am I mistaken in recalling that LE did say they had evidence from the body and or scene? I seem to remember that but can't be sure.
    Just my opinion, of course.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Am I mistaken in recalling that LE did say they had evidence from the body and or scene? I seem to remember that but can't be sure.
    You are correct that they stated that DNA evidence was found on her body and in the car. They did not indicate if this was from the perp or not.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    If the dogs couldn't pick up her scent anywhere around the car and her body was found a couple of miles away, then it's quite likely she was dumped and her car was driven to the highway with a flat tire. Her other belongings (clothes, phone) were scattered around the area.

That really doesn't sound like a random murder.
    She would have no reason to run that far (where she was found) ... more likely she ran the circular route along the houses in that small district.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Here's the area map

In the below image, the red lines are the property lines and you can see the loop that Karen most likely jogged from home. I don't think she would go as far as the cemetery in the dark on Halloween.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Yea don't know how reliable the tracking dogs are, should have picke up on her scent if she runs in the area. I read an article about a man who went missing the dogs pick up on his sent at his office 3 weeks latter. Not to sure about the dogs they used. I am willing to bet that because they released the body they have to be close, or it will be one of those cases, LE knows who did it but just can't prove it in a court of law.
    They would have had the dogs next to the car on the highway, looking for a trail leaving the car. There was none. If they had gone to the end of the driveway, they would probably have found a scent running the loop around the houses.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

I know nothing about the case other than what I have read in the news media. Letís forget the husband aspect of this for a minute. If she did leave the house in the middle of the night; why? To get meds for the sick child or maybe to meet someone, possibly? The proximity of her vehicle to her home leads me to believe she wanted to be far enough as to not be sitting in front of the house.
    Her daughter was sick before she was picked up. If Karen needed to pick up medicine, she would have done it on the way home. After Karen got home with her daughter, she fell asleep right away, so she didn't need to be woken up and given medicine. If they needed medicine in the morning, she or her husband could pick it up then.

Karen may never have left of her own free will that night. Her body, car, clothes (most likely her clothes) and cell phone were left in distinctly different places. The car had a flat tire, conveniently parked a short distance from home. Who wouldn't drive home from that location on the highway with a flat ... it couldn't get that much worse in that short 1/4 mile drive. Her body was left in a place where it would never have been discovered except for the weather that week. Clothes like the ones she was wearing were found neatly folded and tucked undr a bush. The cell phone led in the direction of the river.

It sounds like the husband did it.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

There's been speculation on that but she never made it to Wal Mart, which several locals have mentioned as the only place open that time on an early Sunday morning. I don't believe she was going there for the simple fact that she was the one who picked up the daughter and could have bought medicine on the way home instead. Why not wait for daylight at least?

It's hard to go back through the whole case and write a short synopsis - it's too complicated - but the main thing to remember is that the husband is the only one who said she left the house of her own volition.

Karen's brother told Nancy Grace that he believed Karen never got out of the car that night due to the dogs not picking up her scent.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast