Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Not sure what the statement I'm quoting from the article means -
    “It's just on hold,” said Craig. “The judge won't let (David) say anything or he'll close the case, close it down on him."
    http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...3g.cspx?rss=59
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, so what are the odds of ever getting to be on the inside and looking out from one... .

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post

This case is the most frustrating case I have followed since Susan Powell's case. In that case, it was also too quiet.

Absolutely insane! Throw the case out? WTF? No offense to Tennesseans but this absurd.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    “It's just on hold,” said Craig. “The judge won't let (David) say anything or he'll close the case, close it down on him."
    On Karen Swift: "We'll Throw the Murder Case Out if You Talk"

Throw a murder case out because someone talks????? REALLY? Why do I feel like I'm on another planet when I follow cases from Tennessee? This woman may not get justice because her husband or anyone may talk? Is this for real?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

It sounds like something is very broken in TN, where LE is concerned, and it also sounds like people just seem to accept it.
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    On Karen Swift: "We'll Throw the Murder Case Out if You Talk"

Throw a murder case out because someone talks????? REALLY? Why do I feel like I'm on another planet when I follow cases from Tennessee? This woman may not get justice because her husband or anyone may talk? Is this for real?
    Sounds to me like they may know who killed her but they don't want that person to be tipped off and go into hiding. Also sounds like it is not the husband. I don't see how they can throw the case out altogether. Probably the DA does not want any comments on it, particularly from the media until they are ready to move on it. Sometimes this happens if it's someone in a prominent family, but don't know if that's true here or not.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    And you based this on what your relative told you was going on? Did it occur to you that maybe you were hearing one side of the story only? You would have no idea what happened behind closed doors other than what he told you.

A strategy of self defence generally places the onus of reasonable proof on the person making the claim, so I don't think that no evidence to that effect was raised in court.
    Nope that's an incorrect assumption.. I grew up with this female, what I know is based on first hand knowledge.. No hearsay or family members "side".. I lived next door to her and the husband she shot in the face in front of their 2year old daughter... So, again what I know did not come from anyone telling me their "side".. I witnessed her actions and behaviors with my own eyes.. She was cocky and bragged about what a "weak pushover" her husband was.. She openly displayed her violent, nasty behaviors.. I know the "facts" as they occurred just as well as I know the "facts" of the case.. I testified at trial and I attended every second of every single court hearing relating to her murder trial..

As I said, the above couldn't be farther from an accurate assumption made.. I lived every second of it.. Not secondhand bs,but rather first hand knowledge from growing up with her,living next door to them, etc.. Therefor I not only know the true and accurate "facts" as they happened, but I also know the "facts" as they were presented in court by both the prosecution and defense..

Make no mistake what I have stated above IS ACCURATE AND EVERY BIT FACTUAL based upon my own firsthand knowledge and not a secondhand accounting of anyone's "side" of it..

Besides my word is irrelevant to the fact that Steve Farese is a masterful manipulator in and out of the courts and my nephews injustice allowing his murdereress "wife" to her freedom decided via trial by judge.. He is merely one of thousands that this atty and law firm have manipulated their way into seeing that as far as the actual legal system is concerned that justice NEVER be served on behalf of victims and their loved ones(in this case his beautiful, baby girl who is now 16 years old and sadly has grown up virtually her entire life without a father or a mother for that fact.. Yep that's right after her "innocent" mommy won her freedom you think she had time in between chasing all the married men in the tri-state area to be a mom to her daughter?.. The answer is no... My niece has been raised by her grandparents<her dead daddy's parents>).. Not at all Moo, but rather sad, straight facts.
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Sounds to me like they may know who killed her but they don't want that person to be tipped off and go into hiding. Also sounds like it is not the husband. I don't see how they can throw the case out altogether. Probably the DA does not want any comments on it, particularly from the media until they are ready to move on it. Sometimes this happens if it's someone in a prominent family, but don't know if that's true here or not.
    I understand if a case is getting ready to go to trial and the Judge puts a gag order in place. That is not the case here. They don't even have a suspect so for the Judge to say he will throw out the case if anyone talks is absolutely and utterly absurd. I've never heard of such a thing EVER.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I understand if a case is getting ready to go to trial and the Judge puts a gag order in place. That is not the case here. They don't even have a suspect so for the Judge to say he will throw out the case if anyone talks is absolutely and utterly absurd. I've never heard of such a thing EVER.
    I guess if I were guilty I would start talking so that the judge throws out the case
    Like you, this is something I never heard of either!
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, so what are the odds of ever getting to be on the inside and looking out from one... .

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Gheez. Are they ever gonna make an arrest?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    This makes no sense! Why would the judge put a gag order on Karen's husband? And, of all things, threatening to "close the case"...say what?!

Sounds as though someone with clout may be involved somehow, or it is some kind of ploy by the defense team?! Maybe they have an "in" with this particular judge...hmmm?!

If I were the family, I'd be screaming for Justice!a Of course, don't know...maybe they are...so much for an impending arrest...or so it seems!

All just IMO
    "Your Intuition Is Your Genius Compass that Points the Way When You Can't See It."

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:

A person of interest

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1889980.html

Although there has been no arrest in the Karen Swift murder investigation, Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box stated he and his investigators have a person of interest and the evidence they have collected is being prepared for a murder trial
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Well color me confused but does it seem they are trying to put the cart before the horse?

Usually they make an arrest then prepare for trial.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks cocomod...I was just coming to post the link to the latest news.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nana46 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    Good to finally hear that progress is being made...Justice for Karen!
    "Your Intuition Is Your Genius Compass that Points the Way When You Can't See It."

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    Well color me confused but does it seem they are trying to put the cart before the horse?

Usually they make an arrest then prepare for trial.
    Guess the DA isn't taking any chances! Hope they're keeping a close eye on the POI!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:

So, whoever this mysterious POI is, he/she is not considered a danger to anyone else.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I know who I think it the POI might be.
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

excerpts

"Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says he's hoping results from forensic lab work will be back very soon. He says that evidence will be prepared in a courtroom presentation format.

"Currently we are not naming any suspects and will not name anyone until we feel it will benefit the case," stated Box."

and

"I don't want to speak badly about Karen," said attorney Steve Farese, "but there were some things going on that were quite unusual."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19441454/...n-swift-murder
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

excerpts

"Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says he's hoping results from forensic lab work will be back very soon. He says that evidence will be prepared in a courtroom presentation format.

"Currently we are not naming any suspects and will not name anyone until we feel it will benefit the case," stated Box."

and

"I don't want to speak badly about Karen," said attorney Steve Farese, "but there were some things going on that were quite unusual."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19441454/...n-swift-murder
    bbm..

well this sounds like we may all be surprised when they finally make an arrest?
    This bee my opinion

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    bbm..

Hi nurse!

Sounds like he's preparing his client's defense by starting to trash the victim. Just can't imagine who else the POI is that LE hasn't been concerned about others being in danger all these months. Maybe I'm wrong......

MOO
    Rest in Peace

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

bbm..

We just saw that in the Jake and Jessica case. I learned from that to be more careful in my judgement.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concernedmother For This Useful Post:

Glad to see an update from the Sheriff. Don't know if he might release more details or if we are left waiting for another 3 months! I think it was in May that we last heard from Mr. Box and also Mr. Fares,.the Atty. for Mr. Swift. Glad to hear LE is preparing for trial, but not so glad to see that LE did not rule out or clear Mr. Swift.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texsun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
    Glad to see an update from the Sheriff. Don't know if he might release more details or if we are left waiting for another 3 months! I think it was in May that we last heard from Mr. Box and also Mr. Fares,.the Atty. for Mr. Swift. Glad to hear LE is preparing for trial, but not so glad to see that LE did not rule out or clear Mr. Swift.
    Good point. What is noticeably missing from the announcement is clearing her husband as the POI.

MOO
    Rest in Peace

45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

bbm..

Considering this is the husband's attorney...I would be shocked, not surprised, if the POI is someone else.

47. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    So, whoever this mysterious POI is, he/she is not considered a danger to anyone else.

Which is ironic logic, since Karen Swift was found with a cracked skull and other visible trauma..

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast