GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Wednesday December 7, 2011

Ryan McCabe Brunn was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the River Ridge apartment complex. He was a maintenance worker at the complex, where Jorelys lived, according to GBI Director Vernon Keenan.

The charges include one count of false statements and one count of murder. His first court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Cherokee County Justice Center in downtown Canton.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...nce-worker-arrested-in-Jorelys-Riveras-murder

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The body of Jorelys Rivera was found Monday afternoon in a metal trash bin, the GBI said. Jorelys, who had been missing since Friday, had been severely beaten and sexually assaulted, according to Vernon Keenan, director of the GBI.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/police-find-body-of-1249642.html

A 7-year-old Canton girl whose body was discovered Monday died of blunt force trauma to the head and stab wounds, the GBI said Tuesday. Jorelys Rivera had also been sexually assaulted, GBI Director Vernon Keenan said at a news conference in Canton.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/canton-girl-died-of-1252353.html

Rest in Peace, Jorelys

jorelys_1206280c.jpg

Jorelys Rivera
August 20, 2004-December 2, 2011

Thread #3
Thread #4

Oh am so hoping for DNA from the sexual assault so that there is no doubt they have the right suspect, or not. (I believe they do...but DNA would be a great benefit.)

Bringing this over from the previous thread.

Just read a pretty interesting article and thought I'd share. It's about the psychological profile of a sexual sadist.

It also mentioned how a crime scene can depict both tons of planning and also contain sloppy mistakes.

Ex:

Next since we know the sadist is a fantasizer and therefore a planner, we can gather by forensic details whether or not he is in the process of escalation. If the sadist progresses to murder, then the first kill will likely be due to a loss of control and deviation of plan for the sexual sadist. As such a clue such as an improvised weapon being used signals that this is likely the first murder and subsequent murders will follow. Generally, the higher the level of disorganization at the scene, the higher the probability the sexual sadist has just progressed into killing.

http://www.justiceguy.com/?p=56

It also mentions how very kind and personable some of these 'gentlemen' seems and how their sexual/violent natures were undetected by those close to them.

Note: this appears to be an criminal/law/justice blog. The 'article' I quoted/linked has refrences/citations. Hope it's okay to link. I apologize if it's not!

Have there been any reports as to whether JR's mother and family have returned to the states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalyn
Just read a pretty interesting article and thought I'd share. It's about the psychological profile of a sexual sadist.

It also mentioned how a crime scene can depict both tons of planning and also contain sloppy mistakes.

Ex:

Next since we know the sadist is a fantasizer and therefore a planner, we can gather by forensic details whether or not he is in the process of escalation. If the sadist progresses to murder, then the first kill will likely be due to a loss of control and deviation of plan for the sexual sadist. As such a clue such as an improvised weapon being used signals that this is likely the first murder and subsequent murders will follow. Generally, the higher the level of disorganization at the scene, the higher the probability the sexual sadist has just progressed into killing.

http://www.justiceguy.com/?p=56

It also mentions how very kind and personable some of these 'gentlemen' seems and how their sexual/violent natures were undetected by those close to them.

Note: this appears to be an criminal/law/justice blog. The 'article' I quoted/linked has refrences/citations. Hope it's okay to link. I apologize if it's not!

Great insight in that article Magdalyn. It really helps to understand the way a serial killer/rapist may progress.

Thanks

Have there been any reports as to whether JR's mother and family have returned to the states?

In one of the translated articles during her Puertorican funeral, it was said that they will spend Christams in PR and then return. The link I clicked was translated, had I read the origional article I could be more sure, because those translations can be a little off.

In one of the translated articles during her Puertorican funeral, it was said that they will spend Christams in PR and then return. The link I clicked was translated, had I read the origional article I could be more sure, because those translations can be a little off.

I got the impression from some of the articles that she had family here, but I hope her mother and maybe father will return with her at least for awhile. Or maybe she will stay. What a sad return for her. I just can't imagine.

I got the impression from some of the articles that she had family here, but I hope her mother and maybe father will return with her at least for awhile. Or maybe she will stay. What a sad return for her. I just can't imagine.

I know her (Joseline's) father was here during the visitation, but I was under the impression he flew in around the time Jorelys' father flew in..I could be wrong. Jorelys was scheduled to spend Christmas in Puerto Rico with her father, it is unclear as to if Joceline was going too, I am sure she has family there that would like to see her younger babies as well. If we go back to early thread 4 there are the 2 links to the PR funeral, I am pretty sure it said something along the lines of "they will spend Christmas here and go back to GA to deal with the trail." What a horrible return. I hope we end up with a guilty plea and no trial, because that would be heartwrenching for her to have to be there and go through it. I know some parents want to be there to see justice served, but Joseline made several statements regarding she hopes he gets the full weight of the law, but she doesn't (at this point) have a desire to see him. I suspect that once the trial (if there is one) is over, she may just return to PR for good. I would.

How many people were living in Jorelys apt? I have read Jorelys, her mother and 2 sisters...plus the babysitter...plus another woman who worked the night shift with Jorelys' mother.

How many people were living in Jorelys apt? I have read Jorelys, her mother and 2 sisters...plus the babysitter...plus another woman who worked the night shift with Jorelys' mother.

and her children . . . one of which may be the babysitter

Aren't there residence rules? We have them in StL . . .

and her children . . . one of which may be the babysitter

Aren't there residence rules? We have them in StL . . .

I have gone as a translator to assist several families seeking apartment leases (not in river ridge) and I have seen the rule as 2 adults per bedroom. Theoretically a 3 bedroom unit could have 6 adults, not to mention the kids.

http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/...d-was-abducted Teenage sitter went to get drinks, returned to the playground and JR was missing...

OR

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/abd...e-1249642.html
Jorelys, who turned 7 on Aug. 20, disappeared around 5 p.m. Friday while she took a break from playing at the River Ridge complex on River Ridge Drive, police said. She reportedly told other children at the playground that she was going inside to get drinks, but never returned.

OR

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...missing/nFsYb/
7-year-old girl missing
The girl, Jorely Rivera, was playing in the playground of her River Ridge apartment complex on River Ridge Drive in Canton. She was being watched by a teen who last saw her around 5 p.m., Canton police said. Rivera’s father lives in Puerto Rico and her mother was out of town.

Then there's this, which makes me tend to believe she was not in a trash bag - but, again, media is reporting, it's not a statement from LE:
Missing 7-year-old's body found in Dumpster
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/crews...ng-girl/nFs6d/

"At the apartment complex where the girl was last seen. He said they took the Dumpster to a barren field across the street and emptied it. News Chopper 2 flew over the field, where authorities removed the body from a pile of trash. Georgia Bureau of Investigation director Vernon Keenan said the child was badly beaten and sexually assaulted."
<snip>
"Police said Jorelys left the playground and went back home to get drinks for her friends but say she never returned after she left her apartment. Investigators said that they found soda cans behind an apartment building and were analyzing them for any information."

Did she return, or didn't she? Were the cans found on the playground, or were they found behind one of the apartment buildings? Are they even related to the case? The lack of information from LE causes all of this conflicting information every time. All we know for a fact is that a sweet little girl was brutally murdered and thrown away like trash. Same old story, different day. I pray they solve this one and at least one little girl, in this century, will receive justice.
- from vlpate Thread #4

Inconsistencies - MSM or LE related ?

I wonder about RBs roommate & his mother (the manager of this complex). Many crimes happened at this apt complex prior to RB moving there.

I hate the thought that someone innocent is struggling & a guilty party is free !

i have gone as a translator to assist several families seeking apartment leases (not in river ridge) and i have seen the rule as 2 adults per bedroom. Theoretically a 3 bedroom unit could have 6 adults, not to mention the kids.

crazy!

timing

Mother last saw JR: Thurs evening
JR went missing: Fri 5p
Local LE arrives: Fri 730p
Crime Scene Apt located: Sat 1p - 3p
GFI arrives: Mon (or Sat some reports)
JR found: Mon about noon
RB arrested: Wed

and let's not forget the craziness with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Dept, the Canton Police Dept, and the GBI . . .

who's on first?

Not to sidetrack the convo with stereotypes, but it can also be a cultural thing. My husband and I didn't buy our first home until we were 27 and 25, during that time many of our friends and relatives thought we were crazy because we didn't take in roomates to help us save money faster. We ended up inviting my sister in law (who was 19 at the time) to live with us for a year or so to help with babysitting and daycare costs. Personally I like the single family to a home thing, but when you grow up in a culture that is used to several people (especially when they are single women), it grows on you. I am not sure of this, and I could be totally wrong in this case, but if the goal was to work hard and save money for 5 or 10 years in order to return to Puerto Rico with enough to take care of a home and your family, it makes sense to save on daily expenses by having trusted roomies.

(edited to add) also, with her income from the chicken processing plant, who knows if she made enough to even qualify for the lease of that apartment on her own?

I read the translated version too, and there were many inconsistencies in translation. I'll look for the original, would love to have a more accurate (or at least confirmed) translation.

Not to sidetrack the convo with stereotypes, but it can also be a cultural thing. My husband and I didn't buy our first home until we were 27 and 25, during that time many of our friends and relatives thought we were crazy because we didn't take in roomates to help us save money faster. We ended up inviting my sister in law (who was 19 at the time) to live with us for a year or so to help with babysitting and daycare costs. Personally I like the single family to a home thing, but when you grow up in a culture that is used to several people (especially when they are single women), it grows on you. I am not sure of this, and I could be totally wrong in this case, but if the goal was to work hard and save money for 5 or 10 years in order to return to Puerto Rico with enough to take care of a home and your family, it makes sense to save on daily expenses by having trusted roomies.

(edited to add) also, with her income from the chicken processing plant, who knows if she made enough to even qualify for the lease of that apartment on her own?

I don't doubt it's cultural -- I remember living in a larger sq ft apt than my friend, Olga (from Mexico City), who lived with her husband, her parents & grandma, her brother & his wife & 3 kids, her 3 younger sisters plus an uncle & numerous cousins half the time . . . in a 3 bedroom apt in suburban Chicago. She came over to my place for solace !

I understand it's about $$$ but that's WAY too many people in a small apartment (IMHO as I sit in 1500 sq ft loft alone with my cat)

and let's not forget the craziness with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Dept, the Canton Police Dept, and the GBI . . .

who's on first?

Will you please tell me the craziness with the GBI?

We are all well aware of the Canton Police Chief not being available and stopping the search on Sat. evening and the Cherokee Sheriff's deputy not telling about the blood immediately. But I cannot remember any craziness with the GBI.

Marazul- still looking for that original article about the traveling plans of Jorelys family.

Did find this, which mentions (I believe, but please translate on your own) a photo of Jorelys that it is stated RB may have asked about......????Is the translation correct?

http://noticias.univision.mobi/cont...ml?cid=788254&contentType=article&partner=mia

ESTADOS UNIDOS - Ryan Brunn, el presunto asesino la niña hispana Jorelys Rivera, de siete años, compareció ante un tribunal del condado de Cherokee, en donde fue acusado, formalmente, del crimen y secuestro de la menor. Un reportaje publicado por el portal Primerahora.com señala que Brunn, de 20 años, ya se había presentado ante la familia de la niña cuando acudió a ellos para pedir una fotografía y así, participar en las tares de búsqueda.

"Me puede dar una foto de la niña, quiero ayudar a buscarla" , fueron las palabras que Ryan dijo a una amiga de la familia cuando se acercó a la casa de Jorelys para buscarla, según el reportaje.

La madre de Jorelys, Joseline Rivera, aseguró: "Él vino aquí (a su casa) y le pidió a una de mis amigas una foto de la nena para ayudar a buscarla... es un caripelao", aseguró al portal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back