Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - Ryan Brunn convicted - #5

Sorry if this has already been posted!

Canton hires third-party reviewer

LaGrange Police Chief Louis Dekmar has been selected to begin a third-party review into the response and investigation of the Jorelys Rivera murder case.
    Canton City Manager Scott Wood said Dekmar’s review is under way.
    “Chief Dekmar began his work Dec. 28, interviewing various members of our police department,” he said. “The results of his report will be presented to me, which I will share with mayor and council, the police department and the media.”

http://www.ledgernews.com/news/1127-...party-reviewer
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

I am also new to this board. Has anyone been able to find out of the Jorelys' and RB's families are under gag orders? It seems RB's sister is saying stuff on Facebook, and specific stuff like whether or not a pair of shoes in question belong to RB, polygraph tests, etc:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...22014381160917

I can only imagine what stress the family is under, but...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to log1c_cat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by log1c_cat View Post
    I am also new to this board. Has anyone been able to find out of the Jorelys' and RB's families are under gag orders? It seems RB's sister is saying stuff on Facebook, and specific stuff like whether or not a pair of shoes in question belong to RB, polygraph tests, etc:

Hi and Welcome! I thought I had heard about a gag order for both families but I cannot be sure if that is true.

I saw the posts you are referring to and I cannot even bear to respond to her, my heart goes out to her...... I just cannot imagine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by log1c_cat View Post

His sister makes some interesting points, as does the woman who discussed the Internal Report.

How do we KNOW that this kid wasn't set up by the real perp. As she said, if another maintenance worker asks you to go clean up a vacant apt and gives you the key, then you might have the key still in your possession and leave your own DNA behind. And do they KNOW those bloody shoes were really his shoes? Even if they were his, someone could easily frame him by putting them in the dumpster themselves , or wearing them during the crime.

I only wonder because there was no other record in this kids past of anything at all like this. I really hope they are checking out everyone else as well.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    His sister makes some interesting points, as does the woman who discussed the Internal Report.

How do we KNOW that this kid wasn't set up by the real perp. As she said, if another maintenance worker asks you to go clean up a vacant apt and gives you the key, then you might have the key still in your possession and leave your own DNA behind. And do they KNOW those bloody shoes were really his shoes? Even if they were his, someone could easily frame him by putting them in the dumpster themselves , or wearing them during the crime.

I only wonder because there was no other record in this kids past of anything at all like this. I really hope they are checking out everyone else as well.
    Here's an interesting fact for you to consider in this case, 39% of offenders of victims ages 6 through 11 were also juveniles.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Here's an interesting fact for you to consider in this case, 39% of offenders of victims ages 6 through 11 were also juveniles.
    I am pretty sure they have the guilty party. But I am slightly open to the bizarre possibility that he was set up by another worker in the building. I really want to know if they have his semen on the body, for one major example. Or his bloody palm print at the crime scene. Not just circumstantial things like having the key to the apt. found in his room.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I am pretty sure they have the guilty party. But I am slightly open to the bizarre possibility that he was set up by another worker in the building. I really want to know if they have his semen on the body, for one major example. Or his bloody palm print at the crime scene. Not just circumstantial things like having the key to the apt. found in his room.
    I can't imagine Joerly's was murdered just to set up RB. Would someone try to blame someone else for the murder? More feasible, I feel sure they have the right person - it's just hard waiting for LE to give us more information....imo.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    I can't imagine Joerly's was murdered just to set up RB.
    I don't think Jorelys was murdered to set up Ryan, I wonder though if the real perp thought they could pin it on Ryan because he was slower mentally? I can't decide one way or another if I really believe it was Ryan...too many open ends. Even with that 39% of perps being themselves juveniles, it still doesn't "feel" right. I guess til there's evidence shown...

However, if the perp is the one who got the nosebleed...I hope it was because Jorelys got in at least one good kick or punch in that sicko's face.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to milagoddess For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by milagoddess View Post
    I don't think Jorelys was murdered to set up Ryan, I wonder though if the real perp thought they could pin it on Ryan because he was slower mentally? I can't decide one way or another if I really believe it was Ryan...too many open ends. Even with that 39% of perps being themselves juveniles, it still doesn't "feel" right. I guess til there's evidence shown...

However, if the perp is the one who got the nosebleed...I hope it was because Jorelys got in at least one good kick or punch in that sicko's face.

Here is my thing in no particular order of importance.

The perp could not be so smart as to pin this on Ryan (so well) and Ryan so dumb as to not convince the cops (by now) that he was set up.

Ryan could not be so dumb as to give a false alibi if he was set up.

Ryan was seen hanging out at the dumpster (compacting) late at night. Even the best employees in the world don't take their job THAT seriously (he was trying to dispose of evidence)

Just because someone on Face Book says an item of evidence found (shoes) did not belong to Ryan doesn't mean the shoes did not belong to Ryan. I bet Ryan said the shoes didn't belong to Ryan too.

Finally I don't know if we know enough about the evidence to say there are open ends. The agencies involved have discovered and tested the evidence. If this evidence did not solidify their case against the suspect then the suspect would no longer be a suspect.

Don't get me wrong none of these things make RB guilty, they just make him a prime suspect. I'm betting LE has evidence that we are not yet privy to that will eventually find him guilty in a court of law.
    Rest in peace Mamita <3

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cat thief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cat thief View Post
    Here is my thing in no particular order of importance.

The perp could not be so smart as to pin this on Ryan (so well) and Ryan so dumb as to not convince the cops (by now) that he was set up.

Ryan could not be so dumb as to give a false alibi if he was set up.

Ryan was seen hanging out at the dumpster (compacting) late at night. Even the best employees in the world don't take their job THAT seriously (he was trying to dispose of evidence)

Just because someone on Face Book says an item of evidence found (shoes) did not belong to Ryan doesn't mean the shoes did not belong to Ryan. I bet Ryan said the shoes didn't belong to Ryan too.

Finally I don't know if we know enough about the evidence to say there are open ends. The agencies involved have discovered and tested the evidence. If this evidence did not solidify their case against the suspect then the suspect would no longer be a suspect.

Don't get me wrong none of these things make RB guilty, they just make him a prime suspect. I'm betting LE has evidence that we are not yet privy to that will eventually find him guilty in a court of law.
    Well, it is possible that the perp could try and point the blame at Ryan. Maybe the perp was the one who suggested to Ryan that he tell LE that he was really at Walmart at the time of the murder. And maybe the real killer planted the shoes and the key.

I am not saying the killer did the murder to frame Ryan. Not at all. But maybe he killed the poor child and then decided to try and point the blame somewhere else. Why would anyone murder a child in their own apt. complex? That makes no sense to me unless they had some kind of plan to point the blame somewhere else.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Well, it is possible that the perp could try and point the blame at Ryan. Maybe the perp was the one who suggested to Ryan that he tell LE that he was really at Walmart at the time of the murder. And maybe the real killer planted the shoes and the key.

I am not saying the killer did the murder to frame Ryan. Not at all. But maybe he killed the poor child and then decided to try and point the blame somewhere else. Why would anyone murder a child in their own apt. complex? That makes no sense to me unless they had some kind of plan to point the blame somewhere else.
    I never thought of that but if that were the case then Ryan would have told the cops that he was instructed by "John Doe" to say he was really at Walmart. I then think LE would be crawling up "John Doe's" *** trying to figure out why he would tell Ryan to say that and asking him where the **** he was at the time of the crime.

Just sayin.
    Rest in peace Mamita <3

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cat thief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cat thief View Post
    I never thought of that but if that were the case then Ryan would have told the cops that he was instructed by "John Doe" to say he was really at Walmart. I then think LE would be crawling up "John Doe's" *** trying to figure out why he would tell Ryan to say that and asking him where the **** he was at the time of the crime.

Just sayin.
    I HOPE they would. I am just sayin that this kid was arrested so quickly. It was before they would even have DNA evidence, imo. SO i just hope it is more than just a bloody pair of shoes and his phony alibi. I just hope that if he tells them that someone else told him to clean out that vacancy, and to go check on the compactor, that LE would check out the other possible perp.

I only say that because this kid had no prior ugly behavior[ that we know of] and so many friends and family were baffled. One would think he would have eased his way into a crime like this. So I have to wonder if someone more experienced and more cunning might have staged it to look like he was the guilty party. I cannot yet rule it out.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I HOPE they would. I am just sayin that this kid was arrested so quickly. It was before they would even have DNA evidence, imo. SO i just hope it is more than just a bloody pair of shoes and his phony alibi. I just hope that if he tells them that someone else told him to clean out that vacancy, and to go check on the compactor, that LE would check out the other possible perp.

I only say that because this kid had no prior ugly behavior[ that we know of] and so many friends and family were baffled. One would think he would have eased his way into a crime like this. So I have to wonder if someone more experienced and more cunning might have staged it to look like he was the guilty party. I cannot yet rule it out.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/expungem...ement-FAQ.html
    "Q: Are juvenile records expunged?
    A: Most states have laws that allow, or even require, juvenile records to be expunged once the juvenile reaches a certain age. In some cases, the records are destroyed. Sometimes they are simply "sealed" or hidden from the public.
    In many states, juvenile records are sealed automatically and immediately. These laws allow a minor who has committed criminal or delinquent acts, to erase his record permanently, usually at the age of 17 or 18. The idea is to allow the youth offender to enter adulthood with a "clean slate," shielding him from the negative effects of having a criminal record."

I agree with you Katydid, I think it odd someone would start with brutal rape and murder -I think there's more to his story, and it will come from LE, not his family and friends. JMO

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I look daily to see if the indictment has been handed down... I am impatient.... hoping we hear something soon
    This bee my opinion

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I look daily to see if the indictment has been handed down... I am impatient.... hoping we hear something soon
    Me too, Nursebeeme, me too!!

I can't get this thought I have to come out right, so I'll just say it as I think it. It's just so much more frightening that this happened the way it did, so random. As a parent, you (well maybe just *I*) feel so much more safe when it's another parent or family member that did something like this to their own child. I almost think, "OK yeah, I can kind of see a kid setting you off and something going awry, but no way would I ever do that to my kid, so we're safe and sound here." But this, this was sooooo random, RB was here a month, how quickly this "plan" had to come into fruition, or even if it wasn't planned out, how quickly his mind decided "Hey, I'm going to grab this girl (or any girl if Jorelys wasn't his specific target) and I'm going to do terrible things to her." Just scary how a mind would snap like that.

Hope that came out somewhat decently...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to milagoddess For This Useful Post:

Is anyone else in the area planning to try and attend some of these court appearances esp. the trial if there is one? I would like to....

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    Is anyone else in the area planning to try and attend some of these court appearances esp. the trial if there is one? I would like to....
    I would too!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to milagoddess For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know what is the normal time frame for the arraignment to happen?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    Me. If I can get the time off work, I am going.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to log1c_cat For This Useful Post:

If any of you go to the trial, are you allowed to post updates here as it progresses?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to milagoddess For This Useful Post:

Why would Jeffrey Dahmer kill his victims in his own apartment?

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abagale For This Useful Post:

LE probably caught Ryan Brunn with the murder weapon (item that caused blunt force trauma, or the knife) or caught him with possession of item(s) he may have used to subdue the victim.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abagale For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by abagale View Post
    LE probably caught Ryan Brunn with the murder weapon (item that caused blunt force trauma, or the knife) or caught him with possession of item(s) he may have used to subdue the victim.
    IMHO of course but I don't think they have their man . . . wish we knew more !

~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
    IMHO of course but I don't think they have their man . . . wish we knew more !

I have to admit the waiting is making me worry the same.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abagale For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by milagoddess View Post
    Me too, Nursebeeme, me too!!

I can't get this thought I have to come out right, so I'll just say it as I think it. It's just so much more frightening that this happened the way it did, so random. As a parent, you (well maybe just *I*) feel so much more safe when it's another parent or family member that did something like this to their own child. I almost think, "OK yeah, I can kind of see a kid setting you off and something going awry, but no way would I ever do that to my kid, so we're safe and sound here." But this, this was sooooo random, RB was here a month, how quickly this "plan" had to come into fruition, or even if it wasn't planned out, how quickly his mind decided "Hey, I'm going to grab this girl (or any girl if Jorelys wasn't his specific target) and I'm going to do terrible things to her." Just scary how a mind would snap like that.

Hope that came out somewhat decently...
    The part I bolded is exactly why I can't convict RB yet. I'd like to know if the people that lived in that vacant apartment have any connections to the
    management in the complex or to the maintenance people. I'd also like to know if LE is absolutely investigating anyone else and I'm wondering if this
    is why there hasn't been an indictment yet.

I just hope this moves along quickly. SPEEDY JUSTICE FOR JORELYS!
    God Bless Jorelys

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Openmyeyes For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast