Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,308

    Man took child from bed, raped then left her at PD *UPDATED INFO CADAVER DOG SEARCH*

    "...A Volusia County man took his neighbor's 9-year-old daughter from her bed, sexually battered her, and then dropped the girl off at a police station, investigators said.
    James Maxwell, 43, was charged with capital sex battery and abduction, said police."

    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ge-abdu/nF4X8/
    ___________________________________

    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

    Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

    All statements made by me are based on my opinion.


  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    "...A Volusia County man took his neighbor's 9-year-old daughter from her bed, sexually battered her, and then dropped the girl off at a police station, investigators said.
    James Maxwell, 43, was charged with capital sex battery and abduction, said police."

    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ge-abdu/nF4X8/
    As much as I hate to say it, I do commend him for dropping her off at the station, as opposed to dropping her off a bridge. He may be sick, but at least he has a conscience it seems. He needs to be locked up for sure, but deserves some credit for the humanity he showed after his horrid, evil actions.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn


  4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    26,154
    Definitely a thread with a "Wait, what?" title. Ye gods.


  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,039
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I do commend him for dropping her off at the station, as opposed to dropping her off a bridge. He may be sick, but at least he has a conscience it seems. He needs to be locked up for sure, but deserves some credit for the humanity he showed after his horrid, evil actions.
    I agree with you 110%. Let the tomatoes begin... :
    This man could have stabbed her, beaten her, strangled her, drowned her, burned her, buried her alive or any combination of the above.
    Instead he not only left her alive, he dropped her off at a "safe" location and ensured his own capture.

    It may be sad that it has come to this, being grateful that the bad guy was not as bad as the other guy... that he didn't kill her.
    It has come to that though. That's where we are at. If this was MY daughter I would be thanking this man for bringing her back.

    I bet Somer Thompson's Mom wishes that her daughter had been dropped off at a police station.
    I bet Jessica Lunsford's Dad does too. And Amber Dubois and Chelsea King. And Jorelys and Destiny and Skyler and Samantha and Rachael.
    And my cousin's parents. I have heard more than once "Why couldn't he have just left her tied up? Why did he have to kill her?"

    There are a ton of parents out there who would give anything if this had been the outcome.

    Many abuse survivors go on to become advocates, or simply to live successful lives.
    Yes some victims wish that they had died... and some commit suicide later. But at least it was their choice to do so.


  8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,695
    9 year olds are resilient. I'm pretty sure if he had asked her at the time, "Do you want me to kill you now or take you to the police so they can take you home?", I'm pretty sure she would have wanted to go home. Those that would wish for death instead probably need to seek help through therapy or medication. It's a long road, but she'll make it.

    I don't know if he should receive any kind of consideration that would allow him less time in prison, but I would definitely hope that he is offered help while incarcerated. It certainly isn't commonplace for a pedophile to assault a child and then take her to the police, so he may not be a normal, commonplace pedophile. I'd cut him a little slack, but I'd make sure that it was cut to him while he was safely locked up somewhere away from kids.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,784
    This entire conversation makes me sad....angry....disgusted. What in the hell has this world come to, when we have to be GRATEFUL that the people who kidnap and rape our children are kind enough not to finish them off? I just cannot stand it.
    Last edited by Flutterby80; 12-17-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Spelling. Because I was all emotional, sorry.


  12. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Flutterby80 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    LadyL's Avatar
    LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,484
    I'm not grateful to him that he dropped her off because he should've never taken her to begin with. I am, however, grateful for her that she has another chance at life, and grateful for her parents that they now (hopefully) know how important it is to keep our children safe.


  14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,233
    This is so sad. I am not going to lecture, but please let's watch our emotions and be respectful of each other, okay?

    Salem


  16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,172
    There are so many things wrong with this. How was he able to be with her up to 12 hours? Why did they allow him in their home when they knew of his criminal past? And why was he even walking the streets after attempting to kill someone.
    I, too, am glad she is alive but why wasn't she better protected?


  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This is so sad. I am not going to lecture, but please let's watch our emotions and be respectful of each other, okay?

    Salem
    I didn't mean any disrespect to any posters or their opinions. I was really only commenting on the sad state of the world. I wish we lived in a world where we were all shocked and appalled, eyes wide and mouths open, when we read of children being snatched from their beds. It seems to happen every other day now. My brain knows that calmly discussing it is the only thing we can do. My heart wants to run screaming through the streets. It makes me look at my beloved son and niece and want to cry.


  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flutterby80 For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,081
    Even pond scum can hide a fish from a larger predator-- this guy, for a moment, made a right decision to spare her life. He's still scum, and I hope he serves the rest of his life behind bars. (I think he acted in his own self-preservation (avoiding the death penalty), as much as hers, but I'll take it.

    Oh, and may he add to the rot in he11.

    moo


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    This entire conversation makes me sad....angry....disgusted. What in the hell has this world come to, when we have to be GRATEFUL that the people who kidnap and rape our children are kind enough not to finish them off? I just cannot stand it.
    ITA. I don't even want to go there.
    Just my opinion


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22,062
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    9 year olds are resilient. I'm pretty sure if he had asked her at the time, "Do you want me to kill you now or take you to the police so they can take you home?", I'm pretty sure she would have wanted to go home. Those that would wish for death instead probably need to seek help through therapy or medication. It's a long road, but she'll make it.

    I don't know if he should receive any kind of consideration that would allow him less time in prison, but I would definitely hope that he is offered help while incarcerated. It certainly isn't commonplace for a pedophile to assault a child and then take her to the police, so he may not be a normal, commonplace pedophile. I'd cut him a little slack, but I'd make sure that it was cut to him while he was safely locked up somewhere away from kids.
    The suspect has already served time for attempted murder. How more slack is he supposed to get now? As for commonplace pedophile or not a commonplace pedophile-I am pretty sure most pedophiles don't kill their victims.
    Just my opinion


  26. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,695
    But most pedophiles that remove a child from their home, in the middle of the night, and then sexually attack them, don't drop them off at the cop shop afterward, either. Most don't kill their victims, but many, many do. At least he didn't. And as for how much slack he should get, I'm not the judge, but I think that he should be made an example of, for others that do these sick things. Send the message that if you kill the child, you're going to die or be miserable in prison, but if you don't, your life, even in prison, might be manageable, and better than if you had killed the kid. MOO.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  28. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22,062
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    But most pedophiles that remove a child from their home, in the middle of the night, and then sexually attack them, don't drop them off at the cop shop afterward, either. Most don't kill their victims, but many, many do. At least he didn't. And as for how much slack he should get, I'm not the judge, but I think that he should be made an example of, for others that do these sick things. Send the message that if you kill the child, you're going to die or be miserable in prison, but if you don't, your life, even in prison, might be manageable, and better than if you had killed the kid. MOO.
    Sorry, I am not ready to hand him out a medal just because he didn't kill his alleged victim. And I have no idea how one can get either "miserable" or "manageable" prison sentence. It doesn't work that way. He is already not eligible for the death penalty because the alleged victim wasn't killed, and that seems to me all the slack he should get.
    Just my opinion


  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 879
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 01:17 PM
  3. Man raped her & then fell asleep in her bed
    By GetSmart in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM
  4. 2yo snatched from his bed, raped and left naked
    By Marie in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 05:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •