Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man took child from bed, raped then left her at PD *UPDATED INFO CADAVER DOG SEARCH*

I think this guy already got plenty of slack, considering his long criminal history which includes attempted murder, and him being out and about. How much more slack is he supposed to get?
    Just my opinion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

The difference, in other cases, he was given slack that allowed him to be out and walking around, and that is not at all what I am suggesting in this instance.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I think this guy already got plenty of slack, considering his long criminal history which includes attempted murder, and him being out and about. How much more slack is he supposed to get?
    So many times on these boards I hear people say, "But WHY did he have to kill her?". Well, this time he didn't kill her and, I, for one am very thankful for that.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:

It's not slack-- he committed a lesser crime, instead of murder it's kidnap and rape. He did it for himself to avoid the death penalty, I'm sure. He's a seasoned inmate/violent criminal, he knew what was what.

By the time his day in court comes around (if there's even a trial, he'll probably plea bargain so he can get out one day) I hope this young girl testifies solidly, with all the strength and support she needs to get through it. May she heal along the way. (It's wonderful to have such exemplary young lady survivors as Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard to look to for inspiration. I hope this family turns to the works of these two to assist them in recovery.)

My heart and mind is with her, the family, and the neighbors who had this monster living amidst them. moo

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that he should be given a medal or a parade. Just being thankful that he did not kill the poor child, like many pedos do these days. I do not understand why that is making people angry to hear someone say that.

I was raped by my uncle for a few years as a young child.I am to this day, glad to be alive and well. He could killed and hidden my body at some point because I eventually stood up to him and threatened to tell my mother. I am still grateful that he left me alone after that.
    After Jessica's law passed my Uncle said: "I will have to kill the next one. I get the same amount of time either way and a dead girl can't talk."

He apparently wasn't the only Pedophile that felt that way, from what I heard.

My Uncle didn't kill because he wanted to keep them around for as long as possible.
    This guy obviously didn't think he was going to get to keep her around.

There have been cases where the person has been unable to kill the victim, because they actually had a heart.

They could go to great lengths to keep other inmates from finding out the person's crime.
    They could assist the inmate with being in a prison closer to family.
    They could simply make the time they are there a little more tolerable.

Nothing which would shorten their sentence, just make it slightly easier to serve.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Cadaver Dogs Searching Sex Offender's Yard

I'm not sure where to post this. Port Orange, Fla., police are using cadaver dogs to search the back yard of an accused child rapist. I don't know of any missing kids, but I'm about to start checking. Unfortunately, this story might mesh with another by this afternoon.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/br...-cadavers.html

James Maxwell, 44, has been jailed since December after investigators charged him with the rape of a 9-year-old girl.

Port Orange Police Lt. Dave Meyer said a press conference would be held later today to offer more details of the investigation.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

This is the fella who abducted the girl from her home, raped her, and then dropped her off at the police station. We had a thread on that story.

Wonder what caused them to think they needed to check his yard with cadaver dogs?

ETA thread of this guy's prior matter

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=James+Maxwell
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

I wish they would state why they are using cadaver dogs now and not make us wait until the pc this afternoon!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post

James Maxwell, 44, has been jailed since December after investigators charged him with the rape of a 9-year-old girl.

Port Orange Police Lt. Dave Meyer said a press conference would be held later today to offer more details of the investigation.
    Oops. I forgot to include the link. It appears that Laurel Rogers has been missing since February 2010. I'm going to see if she has a thread. If not, I'll start one. This could be linked. There are no missing children in the NamUs database from the immediate area. The closest are from about 30 miles away.

By the way, I'm from Mattoon, Ill. I noticed the Central Illinois location, tlcox.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

I have posted on the Laurel Rogers information and support thread. Hopefully, my posts will be moved to a new missing discussion thread on Laurel Rogers.

Laurel lived 1.5 miles from this man and disappeared Feb. 2, 2010.....

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

The press conference just ended. It sounds like James Maxwell indicated concerns when he learned that his family was going to dig up the back yard. Apparently, they are doing some sort of construction. I think they may be installing a new septic tank. Based on his comments, the two individuals tipped police, who used radar equipment to locate a likely body. They found human remains today. It appears to be an adult. They did not say whether it was male. The body was badly decomposed. I'm going to the new missing thread to discuss who this might be.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    The press conference just ended. It sounds like James Maxwell indicated concerns when he learned that his family was going to dig up the back yard. Apparently, they are doing some sort of construction. I think they may be installing a new septic tank. Based on his comments, the two individuals tipped police, who used radar equipment to locate a likely body. They found human remains today. It appears to be an adult. They did not say whether it was male. The body was badly decomposed. I'm going to the new missing thread to discuss who this might be.
    Link to article about remains....

Port Orange police have found human remains in the back yard of a Port Orange man accused of sexual battery of a child.

Police Chief Gerald Monahan said this afternoon that James Maxwell, 44, who has been jailed since December after investigators charged him with the rape of a 9-year-old girl, is a suspect in the death of the person found.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

my only question? What brain trust decided it was a good idea to have a baby with this man (one of the articles indicated he and his girlfriend have a 3 month old baby)? shudder.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

I am glad he didn't kill her but he did kill her mentally! This poor child will always remember this horrible ordeal happening to her. I know that most people do not agree with the death penalty but in cases where a child is raped, molested or murdered I believe the death penalty should be carried out. We all know that these sick people can not be cured! There is no reason to let them breathe the same air as the rest of us and our children. They offer nothing good to society!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/20...est=latestnews

Florida authorities say they located human remains Tuesday in the backyard of an accused child rapist during a search of the suspect’s backyard, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.

Port Orange police were tipped off by two people who said James Maxwell appeared concerned about pending construction to be done in his backyard, the report said. Maxwell, 43, was reportedly arrested in December and charged with raping and kidnapping a 9-year-old girl.

bbm

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Investigators believe they know who the victim is and how he or she died, but cannot say until next month when the medical examiner finishes an autopsy. The only information they released is that the body is that of an adult and that it was buried more than a year ago.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...hild-ra/nPZsC/

who could this be?
    This bee my opinion

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

About half a mile away, Lauretta Rogers said it is her deepest fear that the body could be her daughter, Laurel Rogers, who has been missing for more than two years.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...#ixzz1yLyHa7ft
    ---------
    This bee my opinion

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

This bee my opinion

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Praying for Laurel's family today, no matter the outcome of these remains.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

I understand that some wish death to abusers but as child they(i) don't really understand the way adults see it, as a child its frightening, confusing and sometimes painfull, but to think i had caused someones death, that would be a burden that no child should feel. Revenge is an adult want, not a childs. After such an experiance the child just wants to feel safe, and loved and the person not to be around, not death or violence, it would just be a further trauma JMO

Quote Originally Posted by nao View Post
    I understand that some wish death to abusers but as child they(i) don't really understand the way adults see it, as a child its frightening, confusing and sometimes painfull, but to think i had caused someones death, that would be a burden that no child should feel. Revenge is an adult want, not a childs. After such an experiance the child just wants to feel safe, and loved and the person not to be around, not death or violence, it would just be a further trauma JMO
    I hope you never have to face the day that one of your children is raped or murdered. I don't think it has anything to do with revenge it has to do with justice for the raped or muredered child. I'm sure any child that was raped would like to know that the person who stole their innocence from them is dead and will never be able to hurt them or any other child ever again.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Well i was a child that had that experiance, and i was hurt but i did not understand the experiance as sex, and the parent people got all stressed but no one explained to me why they were so angry, i just felt like a bad person, as i said death of that person would of been a memory i would not want.

Ugh this thread reminds me that I would want to go all "law abiding citizen" on someone who did such a cruel thing to my child, and I don't even have a child yet, but I see how a parent could be driven to that point.
    T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. = The Hate U Give Little Infants F's Everybody

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dogface For This Useful Post:

Such an experience for a child is not sex, btw, and many parents do not know how to go about helping the child cope and come to terms with what happened. It's never too late to talk to someone knowledgeable who can help.

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast