1342 users online (211 members and 1131 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

SC - Jason Burton, 21 mos, Cross Anchor, 16 Dec. 2011

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/dec/1...ol-ar-2881997/

SPARTANBURG, SC --
    Spartanburg Dispatch says the Sheriff's office has dogs out searching for a one-year-old child that has been missing since 1:30PM Friday.

Deputies Search For Missing Toddler
    Child Walked Out Of Home, Deputies Say

Spartanburg County deputies are searching for a missing toddler.

Deputies say 21-month-old Jason Elijah Burton wandered away from a home on East Blackstock Road in the Enoree area about 1:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the family, Jason's mother went to use the bathroom, and when she came out, a door off the kitchen was open. The family told News 4 it believes their dog may have hit the lock on the door and opened it, allowing the child to wander out.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/30015794/d...#ixzz1gkp8TXDN

The boy's mother provided this picture showing the shirt he was wearing when he disappeared.
    (Dec. 16, 2011/FOX Carolina)

Search for missing Cross Anchor boy continues

[snip]

The boy's mother, Brittany Burton, told FOX Carolina that his name is Jason. She said that she thinks her son opened a back door and wandered off. However, as the search progressed the family seemed worried that someone may have taken the boy.

[snip]

Deputies said residents should not come to the search area as it would contaminate the scent trail being used by the search dogs and heat trail being used by the helicopter.

More: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/163...in-spartanburg

Why does mom assume someone took him?
    Children wander far from home, too often, as we've seen here on WS...
    Does anyone know what type of neighborhood this is, i.e. wooded, water nearby, etc?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Why does mom assume someone took him?
    Children wander far from home, too often, as we've seen here on WS...
    Does anyone know what type of neighborhood this is, i.e. wooded, water nearby, etc?
    "There are some ponds back here and everything," said Armenda Vinson, Jason's grandmother.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/163...in-spartanburg

Looks extremely wooded.

250 E. Blackstock Road Cross Anchor SC - Google Maps
    Last edited by KateB; 05-04-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Weather in the mid-50s now. Supposed to drop to low-40s overnight. With rain.

Oh dear, why are there always woods and ponds where these little children get lost...

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Deputies Search For Missing Toddler
    Child Walked Out Of Home, Deputies Say

Spartanburg County deputies are searching for a missing toddler.

Deputies say 21-month-old Jason Elijah Burton wandered away from a home on East Blackstock Road in the Enoree area about 1:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the family, Jason's mother went to use the bathroom, and when she came out, a door off the kitchen was open. The family told News 4 it believes their dog may have hit the lock on the door and opened it, allowing the child to wander out.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/30015794/d...#ixzz1gkp8TXDN

The boy's mother provided this picture showing the shirt he was wearing when he disappeared.
    (Dec. 16, 2011/FOX Carolina)

So basically, the dog unlocked the door ?

" The arc of the universe bends towards justice " MLK

I hope this little boy will be found quickly. He is small at only 20 ponds at 21 months, and he was said to be wearing shorts and to have bare feet. How cold does it get at night in the area where he lives? I hope the dogs can get and follow his scent or the heat seeking device can locate him. He could wander in the woods for a long time otherwise. I hope no one picked him up on the road and took him. It looks like he lives on a main road. He must be very scared as well as cold. And I hope this isn't another case where the family did something to him.

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post

After he ate my homework...

I don't mean to joke...this is just really a new one, in a place where so little ever is...JMO

I can believe the dog unlocking the door. Once in winter I went outside for a minute and my poodle jumped on the door lock and locked the door, locking me out of the apartment we lived in at the time. I had to go next door and ask to use the phone to call for help, then wait out in the cold for someone to come and take the door off so I could get in. So, I can believe that a dog could hit the lock. Although, its probably harder to unlock the door by hitting it than it is to lock it.

my german shepherds open doors

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    After he ate my homework...

I don't mean to joke...this is just really a new one, in a place where so little ever is...JMO
    Really. Depends on the dog. Height etc

"There are some ponds back here and everything," said Armenda Vinson, Jason's grandmother. "There are bad people picking people up, and I'm just scared."
    http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/163...in-spartanburg
    I wonder what she means by that?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post

A friend of mine was just telling me how her dog locked himself in her bathroom! So I suppose anything's possible....

Quote Originally Posted by KALI View Post
    Really. Depends on the dog. Height etc
    Our dog (border collie-catahula x) can open our front and back door, but not if they are locked. I guess maybe they could have a door that unlocks if the handle is turned?

If she came out of the bathroom, saw that he was missing and immediately started looking for him with no results, that's very worrisome. How far could a little guy get in that short of a time. I'm worried someone may have taken him.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast