Baby Seal Enters House and Naps on Couch

spamelope

Reaction score
Annette Swoffer fell victim to a home invasion – of cuteness!

Lucky the seal pup, named for its knack for crossing busy streets without a scratch, wound up asleep on Swoffer’s couch after apparently entering her home through a cat door, Dec. 11, 2011, according to The New Zealand Herald.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...s-house-and-naps-on-couch/?fb_ref=abc-fb-recs

Oh, my, this is adorable! I would have gotten it a collar, called it Fluffy, and hoped no one would notice that it wasn't a dog. Never mind that I would be ordering herring by the ton.....;)

I came across this earlier today...the seal is SO adorable...glad they were already on the look-out for him.

What an adorable story and adorable pictures!

From the article linked in the OP:

Swoffer called the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals who contacted the Department of Conservation, which was already looking for the pup.

Already looking for the pup? I can't help but wonder why. This isn't like honey the dog got out again.

I wonder if this seal has just gotten too used to humans? Which would be sad, because it could endanger it's life. It's very hard to understand how it did not become frightened in someones home.

Then I also wonder if the Dept of Conservation was already looking for the pup, why can't they just put some kind of gps gadet on the pup? Is it that they are not water proof? We read about studies about animals that have gps added to them all the time... (especially the coyotes here in the Chi town area.)

Pretty soon this seal is gonna learn how to talk in seal talk and say "Honey, I'm home", the next time it enters someones home.

I pray it's safe, cause it's just too cute!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back