Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/grossest-things-images-only-1181/

Photographic Evidence: The Grossest Things
By Remy Melina, Life's Little Mysteries Staff Writer
30 November 2010 12:49 PM ET

disgusted-101130-02.jpg

To determine just what is the grossest sight, Valerie Curtis, the director of the Hygiene Center at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine devised a truly gruesome experiment. Curtis and a team of researchers presented 20 images of things perceived as repulsive to more than 80,000 individuals from 172 countries during a web-based survey.

Below are some of the images they used, with the top grossest one at the very bottom. Be warned: The graphic photo won first place for a very, very good reason....

running away screaming...maggots in the mouth? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Going to wash my eyes out with bleach!

wish I had heeded the warning SD, Image 4 was bad enough, why oh why did I go to the top grossest image?????

That seriously set off my gag reflex. xcuse me a sec.

:puke:

I've actually seen worse. But, I have worked for LE agencies in the past and suicides with guns and people being cut in half by being hit by trains is far worse. Maggots in the mouth are, indeed, repulsive though.

I've actually seen worse. But, I have worked for LE agencies in the past and suicides with guns and people being cut in half by being hit by trains is far worse. Maggots in the mouth are, indeed, repulsive though.

Thanks for that post and it's graphic imagery. Thank you very little.
smiley-scared002.gif

Number 5 is pretty bad but perhaps in an attempt to move on from the image that is haunting me now, I have a question....

Can anyone explain how an adult fly had the time and opportunity to lay eggs throughout a man's mouth? (sorry I automatically assume it was a man)

Number 5 is pretty bad but perhaps in an attempt to move on from the image that is haunting me now, I have a question....

Can anyone explain how an adult fly had the time and opportunity to lay eggs throughout a man's mouth? (sorry I automatically assume it was a man)

:snooty: You are a female chauvinist pig!! HARUMPH!

:snooty: You are a female chauvinist pig!! HARUMPH!

In this case, I guess I am.....women just aren't that gross!

My theory and the only one I could come up with...Drunk "transient" man passes out near dumpster with mouth open.

My theory and the only one I could come up with...Drunk "transient" man passes out near dumpster with mouth open.

BBM

You're just digging the hole deeper!

Well, it's not just the egg laying...it's the time it takes for the eggs to hatch into maggots. Sigh. Let's just say the surrounding teeth don't look like someone who has a healthy diet, uses a toothbrush, or even gets enough liquid in there (things get washed away).

As for me, none of those were too bad. I've seen a lot worse...so these don't really phase. I can, however, understand why it would phase those who didn't train as an RN in a county facility. LOL.

Let me just say this: when a patient is peeing green chunks that smell like rotten meat, that has a gross factor higher than the maggots. Still didn't get me too badly...I managed to get the treatment completed before I left the room, but took a "shower" in the nurses' station sink and then a 45 minute unscheduled break. LOL. The other RNs watched from the door, and a few of them had to leave.

Guess I've got a tight stomach. OTOH, if someone is vomiting in my presence, I have a serious time not joining them.

Best-
Herding Cats

:sick:
Well, it's not just the egg laying...it's the time it takes for the eggs to hatch into maggots. Sigh. Let's just say the surrounding teeth don't look like someone who has a healthy diet, uses a toothbrush, or even gets enough liquid in there (things get washed away).

As for me, none of those were too bad. I've seen a lot worse...so these don't really phase. I can, however, understand why it would phase those who didn't train as an RN in a county facility. LOL.

Let me just say this: when a patient is peeing green chunks that smell like rotten meat, that has a gross factor higher than the maggots. Still didn't get me too badly...I managed to get the treatment completed before I left the room, but took a "shower" in the nurses' station sink and then a 45 minute unscheduled break. LOL. The other RNs watched from the door, and a few of them had to leave.

Guess I've got a tight stomach. OTOH, if someone is vomiting in my presence, I have a serious time not joining them.

Best-
Herding Cats

OK, HC, I am never going to forget this post. Never, ever. No matter how hard I try. Green chunks? OMG. :sick: :sick:

LOL, no wonder a puppy mistake or two doesn't bother you. I think I'll go back over to TS Romeo's thread, this one here is too much for me! :blushing:

Teedie, no, it's not something easily forgettable. LOL. Guy was a pretty sick guy indeed. Chunky urine is a pretty nasty thing, I promise. And green stinky chunks, at that.

Best-
Herding Cats

Best-
Herding Cats

What did I have for breakfast? Pea Green Soup.

What did I have for lunch? Pea Green Soup.

What did I have for dinner? Pea Green Soup.

What did I do all night? Pee Green Soup.

:puke:

What the hades caused this condition?

I know there's a cheese that has live larva in it - adds to it's creaminess. That doesn't explain the eggs unless the eggs were also in the cheese and this person didn't brush.........or a near sighted fly confused this persons mouth with a horse's butt.

Those pictures didn't really get to me when I saw them.
I've seen some gross things and those were gross, I just wasn't completely grossed out.

Now the other morning, I was walking into the building where I work and I saw a giant glop of bird crap on the sidewalk. I mean it was HUGE! My gag reflex immediately kicked in and I was gagging all the way to my cube.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back