Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #1

Well - beyond the obvious, my question is why would she be sleeping with the sling on? That makes ZERO sense if she has a cast/splint. It's actually kind of dangerous given her age.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    From Maine and just heard about this little girl being missing. Last night in my area which is an hour south it was so cold and we had some snow, early morning. I have yet to hear anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Is it just the wording, that dad called when he "learned she was missing" from her bed? Did someone else tell him or did he discover her missing? In any case, it seems kind of late in the morning to be checking on the baby, IMO...
    The below article says he found an empty bed.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/W...r-missing.html

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    From Maine and just heard about this little girl being missing. Last night in my area which is an hour south it was so cold and we had some snow, early morning. I have yet to hear anything else.
    Leads me to wonder if she has a coat, blanket or anything missing? The story is short on information. I'm in the cold South so all I can do is hope and pray.

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to serveitup For This Useful Post:

When they say 'abducted' , do they mean from her bed in the middle of the night? Was the door unlocked? I wonder why they think it was a kidnapping rather than a girl wandering outdoors?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    When they say 'abducted' , do they mean from her bed in the middle of the night? Was the door unlocked? I wonder why they think it was a kidnapping rather than a girl wandering outdoors?
    The article linked above does say it is possible she got out on her own...they don't think it is likely, partly because her arm is in a sling. But it doesn't say "crib", it says "bed." Aren't children this age still in a crib? (No kids here...)
    Just my opinion, of course.

9. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    In the last news link posted (the sentinel?) it says LE is considering 2 scenarios, she either wandered out by herself or was taken out by someone. They said that with the cast however it would have been difficult for her to open the door and that she would not have gotten far because of the unsteadiness walking with the cast. So I think LE is considering the scenario she did not leave on her own.

They also said that the mom was located and being "cooperative" they have not said either parent is not involved yet.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

11. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

The article linked above does say it is possible she got out on her own...they don't think it is likely, partly because her arm is in a sling. But it doesn't say "crib", it says "bed." Aren't children this age still in a crib? (No kids here...)
    Pookers started sleeping in a toddler bed around 2 yo and my dd's son was about 18 months. They're real low to the ground so not sure if this little girl was in a toddler bed but I cant imagine a regular twin bed unless it had like a rail. still cant picture it.
    Cindi Lou

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Also, wonder why they are not naming the parents? I don't know that I've seen that before. Just curious.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Also, wonder why they are not naming the parents? I don't know that I've seen that before. Just curious.
    I said that much earlier, also. Odd.

But citizens of Maine kind of keep to themselves.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Is it just the wording, that dad called when he "learned she was missing" from her bed? Did someone else tell him or did he discover her missing? In any case, it seems kind of late in the morning to be checking on the baby, IMO...
    It sounded odd to me as well.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Wow, OK...so, yet ANOTHER child is reported misisng, and the last time she was seen, she was in her bed?!?! This is out of freaking control! I am RAGING right about now...!!!

Anything I post is MOO!

The trouble with the laws these days is that criminals know their rights better than their wrongs.
    ~Author Unknown

My DD is 19 mths old and she is still in her crib. She has only tried to unsuccessfully climb out a few times ( she is too short to get her leg over the side). Most move them into toddler beds around two, but some earlier if they can escape their cribs.

21. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jezbel For This Useful Post:

very little info so far..hopefully this ends as well as little Jason's case did today.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

found this pic on the FB page, her full name is Ayla Bell Reynolds, if that hasn't been posted before

eta: new pics coming in the morning, a woman that appears to be Ayla's aunt (blood related IDK) said on FB that she is waiting for Ayla's mother to bring her recent pics, all the pics out there are a few months old.

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I can't take it anymore. I simply can't.
    and so many little ones so close to Christmas.

I can't take it anymore either.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Someone posted on the fb page that they knew the family, on her fb she listed their names but Im not going to list them until LE lists them. It looks like they're from Portland. Not sure how long dad has lived in Waterville. I dont think that long, think he's got family there.

I wonder why they're not listing them too.
    Cindi Lou

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

this is ridiculous

I'm so sick of 'parents' 'losing' their children (and worse!)

little Ayla is in danger because an adult did not keep her safe

it is our responsibility to ensure children in our care are safe from harm - that means locking doors to ensure they either don't get out on their own or are abducted and it is also our responsibility to check on our children more than once in an 11-hour period

if we can't do that, we shouldn't have children in our care JMO

(unless there turns out to be extenuating circumstances here ... which I fully doubt at this point)

OT: really dumb question but I need to ask. How is her first name pronounced? TIA (want to be able to pronounce it in my head when I read the articles).

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Just watched the local news here...WGAN interviewed the grandfather who seemed.to have no idea what could have happened...even said he hoped she isn't dead. Weird....but really no solid info about the case.

On a side note, Very annoying, the station put up a phone number to call in any info, but wrote Waterford...instead of Waterville. Wow.

It's cold up here. Hope she is found safe and sound!

32. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to joyless For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    OT: really dumb question but I need to ask. How is her first name pronounced? TIA (want to be able to pronounce it in my head when I read the articles).
    i pronounce it A-la

34. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to annalyzer For This Useful Post:

I feel sick....not again. There is no logic to this one, given what little info was provided to the media. This little doll was only 20 months old. How could she have opened a door and walked away from a safe warm house into ...? I would think her sense of balance would be off kilter a bit with one arm in a sling. This says nothing about her father finding a door open and then finding the toddler gone. I feel sorry for those who love and cherish her - I have a hunch that the "Missing Child Virus" has struck again, and we may have another unsolved mystery to add to all the others.

IMHO

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    They pronounced it like : A LA on the media here. Long A

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joyless For This Useful Post:

How many others were in the home last night? Was the door locked?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    this is ridiculous

I'm so sick of 'parents' 'losing' their children (and worse!)

little Ayla is in danger because an adult did not keep her safe

it is our responsibility to ensure children in our care are safe from harm - that means locking doors to ensure they either don't get out on their own or are abducted and it is also our responsibility to check on our children more than once in an 11-hour period

if we can't do that, we shouldn't have children in our care JMO

(unless there turns out to be extenuating circumstances here ... which I fully doubt at this point)
    I sooooo agree with you.

How do you "lose" your children???? I am worried that this poor baby did get out some how, someone over slept or didnt lock the door something. I cant picture someone came in and took her from her bed especially when its snowing out. Someone is going to trek through the cold and snow to sneak in and take a 20 mth old????

And why is she living with the dad??? I wonder because I saw the moms ms and she doesnt look inept and was so excited about being pregnant with this baby. It doesnt make any sense.
    Cindi Lou

42. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast