Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    I just think that since we are seeing cases of missing children where the parents clam up and don't say a thing and actually get away with it (for instance Ms Anthony and there are more on WS) that more kids are turning up missing from their homes. Could it be that parents/family members now think it would be hard to prove without witnesses or hard core evidence? I am not saying any family members did anything to Ayla, just saying there seems to be an increase... Or is it we are just more aware?
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    C.S. Lewis

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    I just think that since we are seeing cases of missing children where the parents clam up and don't say a thing and actually get away with it (for instance Ms Anthony and there are more on WS) that more kids are turning up missing from their homes. Could it be that parents/family members now think it would be hard to prove without witnesses or hard core evidence? I am not saying any family members did anything to Ayla, just saying there seems to be an increase... Or is it we are just more aware?
    I don't know. I wonder if it is we are more aware. People go missing everyday and it seems like it has to be something odder about it to make it on the news. In this case, a child missing from bed.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

Missing kids should make it to the news as soon as it is reported they are missing. They can't fend for themselves and time is of the essence in finding them. Praying for her safe return
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    C.S. Lewis

More pics posted of Ayla on the fb page a few minutes ago.
    http://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Ayla
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    Missing kids should make it to the news as soon as it is reported they are missing. They can't fend for themselves and time is of the essence in finding them. Praying for her safe return
    I agree! No matter what! It should be an instant alert on tv., Just to have a pic of a child missing, will make people more aware of who is around them.

7. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    A detailed search of the residence for forensic evidence is being conducted by members of the Waterville Police Department's Detective Division and the Maine State Police's Evidence Recovery Team at this time. Ayla's family members are cooperating fully with police.
    The investigation is being coordinated by the Waterville Police Department's Detective Division, with assistance from Maine State Police Detectives, according to Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey.
    The Police Department is requesting assistance from the general public in

Read more: http://www.wmtw.com/news/30021155/de...#ixzz1gtk7BUvz
    video at link ((says any press conference will take place today after 10am))

When was the last independent sighting of Ayla? Not family members...
    Proud WS N-LIB

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Waterville police will hold a 2 p.m. press conference to update the search for a missing 20-month-old girl. Ayla Reynolds has been missing since Friday night, when she was last seen by a family member.
    http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories...id_10287.shtml

Oh, my... another missing baby!
    Okay, I know parents who put their babies to sleep, close the door and don't look in on them till the next morning. It's not uncommon. If the child is sick or something, they will keep checking them but some kids are light sleepers, and will wake up if someone opens the door or walks into their room. My youngest was like that, but we never shut the door to his room, all we had to do was walk to the door and look in on him. However, it's not that uncommon for parents to just assume a child is going to sleep through the night. And people DO forget to lock their doors sometimes.
    I think I will wait for more details before I start bashing the parents just yet.

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey will host a press conference regarding the disappearance of 20-month old child Ayla Reynolds at 2 p.m. today in the Waterville City Council Chambers. The Council Chambers can be reached through the Police Department main entrance on Front Street in Waterville. No requests for interviews or information will be released prior to the press conference.
    http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/P...g-toddler.html

The father reminds me of a dark-haired Woody Allen (hope it's okay for me to say that) and maybe he is sincerely worried but he seems so disconnected when he says "Is she dead?". Almost seems like he doesn't care? Oh well--not everyone acts the same way in this situation. I guess it must be frustrating when the police tell you not to look for the missing baby and you have to just sit and wait for news. (The word "frustrating" really doesn't cover how horrible it must feel....)

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Aunt on FB says more pictures are coming today, and that they are organizing a vigil next to the library, Ayla's favorite place.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    The father reminds me of a dark-haired Woody Allen (hope it's okay for me to say that) and maybe he is sincerely worried but he seems so disconnected when he says "Is she dead?". Almost seems like he doesn't care? Oh well--not everyone acts the same way in this situation. I guess it must be frustrating when the police tell you not to look for the missing baby and you have to just sit and wait for news. (The word "frustrating" really doesn't cover how horrible it must feel....)
    --that's the grandfather, not the father..

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/inve...ection=1206833
    Officials Search for Ayla Reynolds

--interviews with her grandfather, and aunt ( sister of ayla's mom ).
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

I just checked Family Watchdog and they list 35 RSO's living within a mile of Violette Ave in Waterville.*Also, I'm a life-long Mainer -

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast