Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I am stunned that anyone can think it is okay not to check on a child for 11, now 13, hours...no matter how good a sleeper they are, or what their normal patterns are etc...I would NEVER not go check on my cat if I don't see him for a few hours, even if I know he is sleeping soundly in another room...
    A diaper is going to be very wet, and probably seep through onto the mattress before 13 hours. It is odd that she would not be checked before that time,.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I am stunned that anyone can think it is okay not to check on a child for 11, now 13, hours...no matter how good a sleeper they are, or what their normal patterns are etc...I would NEVER not go check on my cat if I don't see him for a few hours, even if I know he is sleeping soundly in another room...
    My 20 month old sleeps (and pretty much has since she was 6 months old) from 7 to 7 every night. She would wake up if I tried to check on her, so we don't check on her unless we hear her crying or calling for us. But, we have a monitor and we live in a small apartment in a big city, so we have multiple locks on our doors and we live in a secured building. I don't think it's weird. In fact, I have always been proud of the fact that my daughter sleeps through the night. Pediatricians have always told us that we "hit the goal" as far as sleeping is concerned.

So, the sleeping thin is not a redflag to me. Not yet anyway...

So . . . do the parents live in New York? In googling, I could find facebooks for those two names, in New York.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

I found JD's FB page easily an hour ago and now I can't...may just be me...
    Just my opinion, of course.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    So . . . do the parents live in New York? In googling, I could find facebooks for those two names, in New York.
    No, Waterville Maine, and the mother looks to live in Portland maybe. JMO

Never assume a missing child is dead

"One missing child is one too many.” - John Walsh

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TNGirl615 For This Useful Post:

DanielleWaugh Danielle Waugh
    @
    @taggsbouch police did not indicate that anyone checked on her in those hours
    3 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/DanielleWaugh
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 12-18-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added link

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

I found JD's FB page easily an hour ago and now I can't...may just be me...
    I was never able to find it. I searched through LD, ED, and PD fb pages and he's not friends with him. Only I could find was in NY and that's not the one.

Never assume a missing child is dead

"One missing child is one too many.” - John Walsh

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TNGirl615 For This Useful Post:

The only Facebook that I can find for DP is completely private with the frustrating "no more posts to show" on the wall. The one you were able to previously view, did it have as it's profile pick a young man, wearing a white tank top, leaning over, hugging another guy?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maedlamsmom For This Useful Post:

Now I can't recall what the photo was but it was him for sure, said he lived in Waterville and Trista was a friend on the page. Can't find her now either...
    Just my opinion, of course.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mai...ssing_toddler/

She was last seen sleeping at about 10 p.m. Friday by a family member.
    Who, exactly?

Also:

Police say Ayla was last seen wearing pajamas with polka dots with the words "Daddy's Princess" on them.
    I don't want to sound jaded, but I am starting to see a trend in the clothing all these missing children are last seen in.

Frustrating! x1000
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

She has a my space also, more info there

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

I tried to catch up on reading, I am missing the article where the names of her parents were released, or was that in the presser? TIA.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

DanielleWaugh Danielle Waugh
    Parents names released: mother Trista Reynolds, father Justin DiPietro.
    31 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/DanielleWaugh

presser Kat

25. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I tried to catch up on reading, I am missing the article where the names of her parents were released, or was that in the presser? TIA.
    presser

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    When my kids were babies they would and could sleep from 7 to 7, or 9 to 9. Now I would check on them, before bed, and during the night if I got up to use the bathroom. Even at 4 and 6, they can still sleep 12 hour nights, and I still check on them. But I actually know a few moms that once the kids are in bed, they do not check at all. I guess its up to the parent.

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

I wonder if Ayla was spending the holidays with her Daddy and he took her with him to visit family? Just speculating.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maedlamsmom View Post
    My 20 month old sleeps (and pretty much has since she was 6 months old) from 7 to 7 every night. She would wake up if I tried to check on her, so we don't check on her unless we hear her crying or calling for us. But, we have a monitor and we live in a small apartment in a big city, so we have multiple locks on our doors and we live in a secured building. I don't think it's weird. In fact, I have always been proud of the fact that my daughter sleeps through the night. Pediatricians have always told us that we "hit the goal" as far as sleeping is concerned.

So, the sleeping thin is not a redflag to me. Not yet anyway...
    Having a monitor means that you are, in essence, 'checking on' your baby. Also,as you say, you are in a very secure apt. building with multiple locks.

I don't think this baby was in as secure surroundings that 13 hours.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I used the search engine within facebook (at the top of my facebook page) and it came back with 11 profiles belonging to the same name as father, I have no way of knowing who is who so I'll let that one go for now because I'm too tired to try to dig.

Worried about Ayla though. It's so cold up in Maine.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I would like to know if mom and dad of Ayla are living together? I am wondering if they have a relationship today or if there is some sort of parental visitation?

Was that asked at the presser?
    (I saw that they have separate last names, doesn't mean much in this day and age though!)
    If that's online, could someone link it if they had the chance?

TY!
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

http://www.wmur.com/slideshow/news/30023852/detail.html

slideshow but it only shows front and side of house. Just for anyone interested. If not please ignore.

911 call came in at 8:51 AM correct? TIA.

39. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    I would like to know if mom and dad of Ayla are living together? I am wondering if they have a relationship today or if there is some sort of parental visitation?

(I saw that they have separate last names, doesn't mean much in this day and age though!)

TY!
    At a news conference Sunday afternoon police said the little girl's father is Justin Dipietro and her mother is Trista Reynolds. Ayla lives with her father and her mother lives in Portland , although she does not have a permanent address.
    http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/18...-disappearance

ETA: The article also states that Waterville police report Ayla was last seen at 8:00 p.m. Friday night, and "friends and family" were visiting the home at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post

TY!
    Mom and Dad don't live together.
    Reporter at link gives this info on video.
    http://www.wmur.com/r/30021155/detail.html

I am assuming at this point in time that since Ayla has her Mother's maiden name the parents might not have been married to each other at the time of her birth (reason for my assumption is my oldest carries my maiden name for that reason).

On Mommy's facebook (which I can't link until Mod says okay and there isn't anything to see but the info page and profile picture because it's private, but the page you can see that's open to public she states she is living in Portland ME. Take that for it's worth because my kids have our last duty station as their place of residence still...).

I googled and it's about 70 miles from the town where Ayla went missing, which could be more or less because I'm not familiar with that area and how to drive from point A to point B. Just google maps.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Also from the press conference:

At a news conference Sunday afternoon, Police Chief Joseph Massey said investigators have talked with Ayla Reynolds' parents and extended family members, and that everyone is cooperating with the investigation.
    Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/30021155/de...#ixzz1gv9XDk70

45. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Thanks bessie! I'm glad everyone's cooperating. Hopefully she will be found soon!

ETA: I'm still curious if anyone else read the article where it was reported that the 911 call came in at 8:51 AM. I read it and now can't relocate it. Also, as for the time she was last reportedly seen. I'm taking that as a ball park figure right now, only because it might not be a precise time. The reports might be "she was last seen at 8PM but she might actually have been last seen in bed by a family member at 8 "something". (8:10, etc).

I'm not worried about her sleeping and not being checked on at this point in time. Just me though.

47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast