1060 users online (196 members and 864 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: When did John find the body?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before the 911 call.

    7 21.21%
  • The 11 O'clock hour.

    7 21.21%
  • As reported, 1 p.m.

    11 33.33%
  • He didn't find it, he knew about the accident or was involved in it and the cover-up.

    8 24.24%
  • Other.

    0 0%

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753

    When did John find the body?

    1. Before the 911 call.

    2. The 11 O'clock hour.

    3. As reported, 1 p.m.

    4. He didn't find it, he knew about the accident, or was involved in it and the cover-up.

    5. Other.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    IMO John found the body of JonBenet before the 911 call was made at 5:52 A.M. He likely found her in the basement around 3 to 4 A.M.

    John blew it in the 1998 interviews when he inadvertently slipped and said he moved a chair and some boxes from in front of the door to the train room when he snuck away from the group upstairs and went down to the basement alone between 7 and 9 A.M. But he had to have removed the chair and boxes before 6 A.M. because Officer French and Fleet White had searched the train room just minutes after 6 A.M. and there was no chair nor boxes blocking their way into the train room at that time.

    Patsy also blew it in the 1998 interviews when she got flustered and blurted that, prior to the 911 call, she was screaming and John was screaming as John came up from the basement. John says in the interviews he never searched the basement prior to the 911 call.

    John was obviously lying. He was in the basement prior to 6 A.M. And if he was in the basement prior to the 911 call, then he had found JonBenet hours before the 911 call -- probably around 3 to 4 A.M. Why else would he lie about it?

    JMO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    170
    You have this great conspiracy theory that assumes too much. So my vote is that John found the body at 1pm when he brought it up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    I say around 11am, which is what he told Melinda's boyfriend on the same day.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,333
    I think he was involved in the cover-up or after he read the ransom note, he figured out that it was an accident. I think he found the body either before the 9-11 call or sometime around 11 in the morning. However, I voted for the fourth option.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine
    You have this great conspiracy theory that assumes too much. So my vote is that John found the body at 1pm when he brought it up.
    Anything in this case would be assuming. There is no evidence clearly eliminating any of the prime suspects. Is anything at this point assuming too much. Especially with the evidence he's pointed out. Not saying that I agree with him but come on B.C. does have some good evidence there. I think one of the most important facts in this case that was never found out (apart from the captain obvious fact of who did it) is where the murder took place...which means what room in the house or in the house at all. Thee second could very well be when John found the body. Would you say the cosp were assuming too much when the interrogated adn convicted Michael Crowe...of course. Though they did it eve nwith no evidence to back them up. B.C. at least has a theory and some evidence. There is no such thing as assuming too much in this case nemore unless u throw someone in prison under the assumption they did it. Anything less than that is fair game...especially in the state the case is in (and I don't mean Colorado). WHOA WAIT A SEC B.C. where did u find out that during the 911 call Patsy said John ran up from the basement? Could you give me that source? Not trying disprove u but I've never heard of that b4

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    What I find telling, are Patsy's and John's response to the kids on Christmas morning. The kids, as all children, were excitedly waiting to go downstairs and yet waited for John to go down and turn on the lights for them. IMO, these aren't kids that roam around the house in the middle of the night alone, or with each other.
    IMO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
    WHOA WAIT A SEC B.C. where did u find out that during the 911 call Patsy said John ran up from the basement? Could you give me that source? Not trying disprove u but I've never heard of that b4

    ManInTheBox,

    It wasn't DURING the 911 call that Patsy temporarily lost it and said John came up from the basement. She said it BEFORE the 911 call.

    Tom Haney was interviewing Patsy Ramsey in 1998 in regard to what she did the minute she discovered JonBenet was missing. Patsy said she was at the bottom of the stairs leading to the third floor and John was still upstairs in the bedroom. Here's the interview:

    TOM HANEY: "So you're here at the base of the stairs?"

    PATSY RAMSEY: "Uh-Huh."

    TOM HANEY: "Do you remember exactly what words you used, was it more than just John or --"

    PATSY RAMSEY: "I remember my voice was just cracking. I mean it was like JOHN, like that. I mean like, I can't even, you know, I hear my scream and I hear his scream when he came up from the basement. I mean it was just a horrible thing. You know, it was just -- "

    Sorry Patsy. Sometimes the unconscious truth regretably slips from the tongue during discomposed moments. You just admitted John was in the basement prior to the 911 call.

    JMO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    ManInTheBox,

    It wasn't DURING the 911 call that Patsy temporarily lost it and said John came up from the basement. She said it BEFORE the 911 call.

    Tom Haney was interviewing Patsy Ramsey in 1998 in regard to what she did the minute she discovered JonBenet was missing. Patsy said she was at the bottom of the stairs leading to the third floor and John was still upstairs in the bedroom. Here's the interview:

    TOM HANEY: "So you're here at the base of the stairs?"

    PATSY RAMSEY: "Uh-Huh."

    TOM HANEY: "Do you remember exactly what words you used, was it more than just John or --"

    PATSY RAMSEY: "I remember my voice was just cracking. I mean it was like JOHN, like that. I mean like, I can't even, you know, I hear my scream and I hear his scream when he came up from the basement. I mean it was just a horrible thing. You know, it was just -- "

    Sorry Patsy. Sometimes the unconscious truth regretably slips from the tongue during discomposed moments. You just admitted John was in the basement prior to the 911 call.

    JMO

    hmm..as a victim of bad editing myself, I suggest there is part of that interview "missing" ,and another section deliberately placed..to allow the reader to consider something other than the original would have shown...JMO..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    hmm..as a victim of bad editing myself, I suggest there is part of that interview "missing" ,and another section deliberately placed..to allow the reader to consider something other than the original would have shown...JMO..
    Sissi,

    Everything I wrote in quotes in the above post about Patsy saying John came up from the basement is word for word from the original 1998 transcripts, unedited by neither Jameson nor the NE, with nothing missing nor rearranged to change the meaning.

    Does the truth hurt that much, or weren't you questioning my integrity?

    JMO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    Sissi,

    Everything I wrote in quotes in the above post about Patsy saying John came up from the basement is word for word from the original 1998 transcripts, unedited by neither Jameson nor the NE, with nothing missing nor rearranged to change the meaning.

    Does the truth hurt that much, or weren't you questioning my integrity?

    JMO
    Of course not, I am questioning the integrety of the NE!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    226
    BrotherMoon, I think its possible that John found her around 9am when he went down to Basement.

    That could play into a Burke did I Theory.


    John at least 1 clues-- Long reports by phone that John said 11am.

    I don't think John was involved with a Patsy coverup----A Burke cover indeed.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by TressaRing28
    BrotherMoon, I think its possible that John found her around 9am when he went down to Basement.
    Tressa,

    John was manning the phone between 8 and 10, the time period the "kidnapper" was supposed to call according to the RN. John says he went down to the basement alone sometime between 7 and 9, but he would have been missed if he had done that. He was manning the phone and being prepped to answer it during that time.

    No one saw John slip away and go to the basement that morning. I think he did it prior to the 911 call. John says he never went into the basement prior to the 911 call, but no father would NOT search the basement when his 6-year-old daughter is missing.

    John lied. The chair in front of the door comment proves that. IMO he was in the basement prior to the 911 call and he found JonBenet at that time.


    JMO

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    230
    First of all, when Patsy "slipped" in her deposition stating she heard her scream and then heard John scream as he came up from the basement- I had read that some time ago and I didn't take it to mean he came up from the basement prior to the 911 call. I took it to mean, she was just talking in general about hearing the screams that day and the chaos they endured thinking she had been kidnapped. I think she was generalizing when asked to describe how she yelled for John, and she just was basically saying, you know screaming for him because my baby was missing, and then referred to the screams from when they found her later in the day. I think she was just recalling all the horror they felt that day.

    Another thing is IF John did go down in the basement around 11 AM and found her body, do you think he would have been able to return upstairs, and still act like they were waiting on a phone call? Get real! He would have been hysterical like he was at 1PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzler333
    First of all, when Patsy "slipped" in her deposition stating she heard her scream and then heard John scream as he came up from the basement- I had read that some time ago and I didn't take it to mean he came up from the basement prior to the 911 call.

    Twizzler,

    The interview at that point was about what Patsy did immediately after finding JonBenet missing. If Patsy said she was screaming and John was screaming as John came up from the basement, how can you interpret it to mean anything else but that? Patsy said it. There's no interpretation needed.

    And Patsy didn't scream when JonBenet was "found" at 1:05 P.M. She sat quietly in the sun room and wouldn't budge.

    JMO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast