1049 users online (228 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

NY - Deloris Gillespie, 73, burned alive on elevator, Brooklyn, 17 Dec 2011

This is absolutely horrific. I pray with every ounce of my being that those elevator cameras help capture this monster.

Man burns woman alive in New York elevator

(CNN) -- Police in New York are looking for a man who doused a woman with a flammable liquid and lit her on fire, killing her, in the elevator of a Brooklyn apartment building Saturday.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/18/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    This is absolutely horrific. I pray with every ounce of my being that those elevator cameras help capture this monster.

Man burns woman alive in New York elevator

(CNN) -- Police in New York are looking for a man who doused a woman with a flammable liquid and lit her on fire, killing her, in the elevator of a Brooklyn apartment building Saturday.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/18/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    I read this earlier and am appalled. I have family in Brooklyn and have been up and down many elevators to visit them. I am so in fear for them. Anybody, if you know this guy, call the police on him pronto.

Photo from CNN.
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    I read this earlier and am appalled. I have family in Brooklyn and have been up and down many elevators to visit them. I am so in fear for them. Anybody, if you know this guy, call the police on him pronto.

Photo from CNN.
    We have close family friends less than a mile from this woman's apartment building. I worry as well. But I have to think it was something personal, kwim? Hopefully once they catch him - and I do believe they will - we'll find out more. So terribly sad.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Dear sweet Lord have mercy. Poor Ms. Gillespie.

Who does that? Who can be so utterly brutal? He sprayed accelerant, has trouble with the lighter and then a Molotov?

This poor lady lived in this building for 20 years.

They believe his face and hands are burned. Someone knows him.

The only thing I could even think or suggest that perhaps this dear woman complained about drug dealing in the building? Maybe mistaken identity?

RIP Ms. Gillespie.

He just looks so calm and cavalier about it. OMG please turn him in if you know him. I am thinking he may have just done this for kicks...he doesn't look angry...he looks almost clinical...like he is watching an experiment. God rest her poor soul.

Man who could have set Brooklyn woman on fire in police custody

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...#ixzz1gtq22tEh

Police have a 32-year-old in custody who they suspect could be the man who set a woman on fire inside an elevator in Brooklyn, sources said.

The man walked in to the NYPD's Transit District 32 -- at Carroll Street near Franklin Ave. -- reeking of gasoline and made statements implicating himself in the gruesome crime, sources said.

He was brought to the 77th Precinct for further questioning, sources said, and has not yet been charged.

From the above link....

Prior to dousing 64-year-old Dolores Gillespie with an accelerant and setting her on fire while she stood in the elevator of her Prospect Heights apartment building on Underhill Ave, the suspect allegedly went to a nearby apartment building and set a door on fire, sources said.

The Fire Department extinguished that blaze and found Molotov cocktails on the scene, sources said, and no one was injured.

It's believed he knew the occupants of that building as well, sources said.

Police suspect that the man could be an ex- or a former lover of Gillespie's.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...#ixzz1gtqhuIu3

This is beyond awful!

Poor woman.

May she RIP.

fran

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Man who could have set Brooklyn woman on fire in police custody

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...#ixzz1gtq22tEh

Police have a 32-year-old in custody who they suspect could be the man who set a woman on fire inside an elevator in Brooklyn, sources said.

The man walked in to the NYPD's Transit District 32 -- at Carroll Street near Franklin Ave. -- reeking of gasoline and made statements implicating himself in the gruesome crime, sources said.

He was brought to the 77th Precinct for further questioning, sources said, and has not yet been charged.
    They have a good quality image. Should be easy enough to check this 32 year old they have in custody against this image.
    Just my opinion

(NEW YORK) A man smelling of gasoline walked into a police station overnight and implicated himself in the death of a woman set on fire in the elevator of her apartment building, police said Sunday. The 47-year-old man, who hasn't been charged, said he had started a fire, said New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne. The man's identity hasn't been released.
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...102747,00.html

Mein Gott. Rivals the ad exec crushed to death in NYC last week in terms of tales of elevator horror.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Mein Gott. Rivals the ad exec crushed to death in NYC last week in terms of tales of elevator horror.
    I was just thinking that I need to avoid all elevators after this past week of horror stories.

This poor woman, may she rest peacefully.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Jerome Isaac, 47, of 315 Lincoln Place in Brooklyn, was charged with first-degree murder and arson in the horrific death of Delores Gillespie, who’d hired Isaac to do odd jobs but fired him after she caught him stealing, her nephew said today.
    “He was doing more stealing than cleaning,” said a distraught Rickey Causey, 52, about the man in custody for allegedly setting 73-year-old victim Delores Gillespie on fire in her building’s elevator Saturday afternoon
    More at link:

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...#ixzz1gv4vPguY

Issac had been kicked out of his brothers apartment. That was the other fire he started. He tried to burn down his own brothers apartment.

The note he had left on the victims door listed chores he had done for her and had not been paid for. The sum adding up to $2,000 in his mind.

Raging lunatic.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.993325

So many conflicting accounts. Boyfriend, handyman, lived there, on and on. Bottom line this poor woman suffered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-New-York.html

Seasoned detective said he's been doing that job for years and he ain't never seen no **** like that. That is saying something.

This "guy's" face is burned.

A neighbor of Ms. Gillespie's said he recognized the man from around the building and had seen him carrying bags for Ms. Gillespie as well as a bookcase at one time.

The neighbor said he was an intelligent guy who was well dressed and he often discussed politics, religion, and war with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/ny...stion-man.html

Like many elderly people I bet this poor woman had a rigid schedule and he knew when she went food shopping.
    Last edited by Filly; 12-18-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast