GUILTY PA - Drew Bracey, 18, killed, 7 wounded in Duquesne shooting, 18 Dec 2011

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501363_162-57344864/at-pa-birthday-party-shooting-1-killed-7-injured/

(AP) DUQUESNE, Pa. — Western Pennsylvania authorities say a shooting at a Sweet 16 birthday party has left one person dead and seven others wounded.

Police were called to the Duquesne residence before midnight Saturday after shots rang out in the basement where the party was being held. The Allegheny County medical examiner's office said 18-year-old Drew Bracey was pronounced dead early Sunday at a hospital.

Little more info at link....

Thanks! I can't find an article with much more info right now. From the one linked by passionflower:

In addition to the shooting, officials say a huge fight involving a few dozen people spilled out onto the street and police from several neighborhoods were called in to help quell it.

From the first link:

Ebony Hawkins, who threw the party for her daughter, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that an unknown gunman arrived shortly before midnight and opened fire. Authorities said they found several guns in the residence after the shooting.

WTAETV news just reported 125 kids at the party!
Booze, pot smoking also.
All kids seem to be underage.
no arrests yet, no reason for big fight.
BUT some had videos from cell phones!!!

WTAETV news just reported 125 kids at the party!
Booze, pot smoking also.
All kids seem to be underage.
no arrests yet, no reason for big fight.
BUT some had videos from cell phones!!!

Thanks...sounds like the parents might be in some trouble too....hopefully the videos will help ID the shooter or shooters and what started the fight...

Maybe he's right - maybe the troublemakers need to go.

WTAE still reporting 125 people in the house..........
isn't there a fire code for house parties like in businesses????
Just wondering.
also learned on noon news that the lights all went out in the basement then the shooter came in shooting.

added in the update on WPXI.com
Ebony Hawkins, who owns the house where the shooting took place, said she was also hurt in the incident.

"This was supposed to be a sweet 16 for my daughter and friends to enjoy, not to kill or for anyone to get hurt," said Hawkins. "I didn't see the shooter. I just heard shots. I got trampled and that is how my foot got broke."

Police said they recovered several guns around the house after the shooting. Investigators said they believe Henderson-Bracey was the intended target

Police: Duquesne Birthday Party Shooting Not Random

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/12/19/police-duquesne-birthday-party-shooting-not-random/

Allegheny County police say the shooting victim, 18-year-old Drew Bracey, was the intended target........

Allegheny County Police say so far, no arrests have been made.

Hawkins also says her daughter is not doing well. It was her 16th birthday and the person killed was her friend.

I bet all those kids are hurting . . . wish all families could escape violence.

Police ID Suspect In Duquesne B-Day Shootings

http://www.wpxi.com/news/30046914/detail.html

......An arrest warrant has been issued for Quentin Ingram, 25, in the killing of Drew Henderson-Bracey, 18.

Ingram has been charged with homicide and aggravated assault, among other charges.
-----

Police said a juvenile female was in critical but stable condition, and six other juveniles and one adult had injuries that were not life-threatening.

Has picture and number to call about Ingram's whereabouts...

From April 2014:

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/y...re/5876729-74/seven-bracey-2011#axzz3rOtaPGK6

A McKeesport man has been sentenced to 76 to 152 years in prison for killing a teenager and injuring seven others at a 2011 Sweet 16 birthday party in Duquesne...

The sentence came nearly three months after a jury of eight women and four men found Ingram guilty of third-degree murder, carrying a firearm without a license and seven counts of recklessly endangering another person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back