534 users online (61 members and 473 guests)  

Websleuths News

Christmas Tree Syndrome?

please dont kill the messenger...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/ch...-Syndrome.html

this makes sense to me. fortunately there are some really beautiful artificial trees now.

One more reason to love my pretty fiber optic tree. Seriously, though, I didn't know about this, so thanks.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

My mom is allergic to Christmas Trees (along with a gazillion other things)
    Since she lives in another state, I love our live Tree - but it goes out usually the day after Christmas.

I take more allergy meds in the winter than I do in the spring-- more asthma puffs too. I am extremely sensitive to molds so I gave up on real trees decades ago, houseplants too. It really makes a difference.

I have allergies too - so no real trees here...ever. It's also so hot here in San Diego (usually) that real trees dry out so quick.

I certainly don't feel bad about having an artificial tree

Mel

Because of my 'thing' about living trees, we went artificial almost 3 decades ago with a tall, full tree that looks absolutely gorgeous what with all of the ornaments & such we've collected over the years.

Four years ago, a friend brought a live tree...small one, perhaps 3 feet. Almost immediately, my cat got sick. Five days later and after enough vet bills to buy a serviceable automobile, she was finally ok.

Perhaps there is no proven causal effect to her illness, but never again will I allow a live tree in our home.

If you really miss the aroma, get some boughs for the mantle, or the spray...it's good!

Achoo...and Happy Holidaze to yooo! ;-)