Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 590
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forum Purgatory
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    There were no heroes for that child or the other children...

    What a sad commentary on human frailty and cowardice that document is.

    And nothing explains to me why the police or CPS was not called by one of these men in authority who all knew that a crime had been committed.

    Why did that boy did not cry out or try to ask for help from McQueary when he had a chance?
    Was it because he was used to the abuse? Had he been convinced HE would be in trouble if it was found out?
    BBM
    I suspect that poor boy was threatened with his life. I can only imagine what the growl that suredly came from sandusky sounded like, once they knew McQueary had seen them, must have been a nasty, low guttural growl of "dont say a word". Can't imagine how much physical pain this child was in, much less the physical imtimidation of the very large naked man, literally on his back. imo Those bear hugs sandusky gives are not love. They are hard reminders of who is stronger, who can take who down. IMO


  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TobyWong* For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyWong* View Post
    BBM
    I suspect that poor boy was threatened with his life. I can only imagine what the growl that suredly came from sandusky sounded like, once they knew McQueary had seen them, must have been a nasty, low guttural growl of "dont say a word". Can't imagine how much physical pain this child was in, much less the physical imtimidation of the very large naked man, literally on his back. imo Those bear hugs sandusky gives are not love. They are hard reminders of who is stronger, who can take who down. IMO
    To your point I believe your post clarifies to me that this was NOT the FIRST time this young boy, age 10 to 12, per McCreary, had been in this situation with sandusky.

    Good post TobyWong.
    Last edited by Tipstaff; 12-23-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: sp


  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    There were no heroes for that child or the other children...

    What a sad commentary on human frailty and cowardice that document is.

    And nothing explains to me why the police or CPS was not called by one of these men in authority who all knew that a crime had been committed.

    Why did that boy did not cry out or try to ask for help from McQueary when he had a chance?

    Was it because he was used to the abuse? Had he been convinced HE would be in trouble if it was found out?
    Not only was the boy in no position to fight back, but for all he knew McQueary was there in the shower for the same reason. He was probably scared out of his wits by that point. He probably didn't trust anyone, and as it turned out, he was right because no one really saved him, did they?

    And let's recall that other boy who cried out for help in Sandusky's own home but no one came, not even Sandusky's wife. I think all the victims felt isolated and probably wondered why all the adults thought Jerry was such a wonderful man when really he was the moral equivalent of a werewolf.

    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain


  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    102
    It is difficult for people who came from loving homes and have parents who are there for them to understand how these children do not ask for help.

    My ex-husband was molested as a child. His molester was a person who his highly-educated and professional job level mother paid big $$$$$ to take him for the summer on hiking/camping/adventure trips to the Teton Mountains in Wyoming. This man molested many young boys over the years.

    Pedophiles seek out victims that are needy and that they can control. My ex's mother was on her fourth husband during the time of the assaults. His step-dad showed little interest in him, in fact, barely tolerated him. His birth father had bowed out of the picture years earlier while he was a toddler.

    These young men become voiceless victims because they are desperate for the attention, guidance, protection, and love of a father-figure.


  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to InTheGarden For This Useful Post:


  9. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    26,281

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  11. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Paterno was told Sandusky was doing something sexual with the boy, in a shower on the school grounds late at night, fondling the boy, and 28 year old McQueary was so upset from what he saw Paterno did not want to question him further.

    But what the hell let's just sit on this because it is the weekend and let's not mess it up for anyone.

    I guess the police take the weekend off there.


  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  13. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
    I actually thought he did quite well. Not a hero, but not a villain either.
    Waiting 10 years to report the rape of a little boy to police and then only when they approached him and said they knew he had saw something did he come clean about it is pretty much a villain in my book.


  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  15. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,605
    Preliminary Hearing transcript:

    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/12...minary-hearing

    ETA: Oops should have known Doc Fessel already posted. And should have known Pennlive would have it before HLN
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.


  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:


  17. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    SPORTSbyBROOKS is hit or miss at times in his reporting; however, I'll give him credit for making an observation I haven't seen elsewhere.


    By manner of questioning, it could not be more clear that the Grand Jury was protecting Paterno. 7 minutes. Asking for 'no graphic detail'?

    http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS...47031573712896
    It's like a cover up of the cover up going on. Why aren't more people asking how come this scandal broke the week after Paterno won his 409th game, making him the all-time winningest division 1 football coach? Or questioning what exactly Paterno said to Tim Curley?

    I need to not think about this case until after Christmas.


  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BigCat For This Useful Post:


  19. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,025
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    SPORTSbyBROOKS is hit or miss at times in his reporting; however, I'll give him credit for making an observation I haven't seen elsewhere.




    It's like a cover up of the cover up going on. Why aren't more people asking how come this scandal broke the week after Paterno won his 409th game, making him the all-time winningest division 1 football coach? Or questioning what exactly Paterno said to Tim Curley?

    I need to not think about this case until after Christmas.
    That still doesn't excuse Curley because according to the transcript of that hearing posted yesterday, Mike McQueary met with both Curley and Schultz and told them in person what he saw, describing it as a 'severe sexual' event.

    As for the timing, that is my question, why at the time or for the next 8 or 9 years no one who knew about this cared enough to check on who that child was or to call the police/CYS to investigate a crime. It was only when another mother got involved to protect her child that this came to light. And why did the GJ investigation take so long?


  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:


  21. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    SPORTSbyBROOKS is hit or miss at times in his reporting; however, I'll give him credit for making an observation I haven't seen elsewhere.




    It's like a cover up of the cover up going on. Why aren't more people asking how come this scandal broke the week after Paterno won his 409th game, making him the all-time winningest division 1 football coach? Or questioning what exactly Paterno said to Tim Curley?

    I need to not think about this case until after Christmas.
    They never even asked him if he knew the little boys name. They never asked him why he did not call 911.


  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  23. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    All of them knew who that little boy was. There is no way they did not find that out or attempt to. That is such a small community it could have been anyone's son.


  24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  25. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    That still doesn't excuse Curley because according to the transcript of that hearing posted yesterday, Mike McQueary met with both Curley and Schultz and told them in person what he saw, describing it as a 'severe sexual' event.

    As for the timing, that is my question, why at the time or for the next 8 or 9 years no one who knew about this cared enough to check on who that child was or to call the police/CYS to investigate a crime. It was only when another mother got involved to protect her child that this came to light. And why did the GJ investigation take so long?
    I definitely don't excuse Curley and Schultz. I'm just struggling to better understand what Paterno did or did not do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    They never even asked him if he knew the little boys name. They never asked him why he did not call 911.
    When you wrote "him," are you referring to Paterno or McQueary? I'm guessing you mean McQueary since, I don't believe, Paterno ever met with Curley and Schultz.


  26. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCat For This Useful Post:


  27. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    I definitely don't excuse Curley and Schultz. I'm just struggling to better understand what Paterno did or did not do.



    When you wrote "him," are you referring to Paterno or McQueary? I'm guessing you mean McQueary since, I don't believe, Paterno ever met with Curley and Schultz.
    I was referring to this.

    By manner of questioning, it could not be more clear that the Grand Jury was protecting Paterno. 7 minutes. Asking for 'no graphic detail'?

    http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS...47031573712896

    I meant Paterno. The grand jury never asked him why he did not call 911 when he heard a boy was molested in the showers. They never asked him if he knew the boys name either.


  28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  29. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    852
    http://communities.washingtontimes.c...arrested-dui-/

    NBC News reporter Jay Gray was reportedly arrested for driving under the influence after leaving the home of the attorney representing former Penn State football defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, charged with child sex abuse.
    Amendola’s objective was apparently to "allow” reporters access to lobby him to get an exclusive interview with the alleged child molester.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain


  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6
    By wfgodot in forum Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads
    Replies: 642
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM
  2. Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #5
    By wfgodot in forum Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads
    Replies: 596
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 08:10 PM
  3. Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4
    By wfgodot in forum Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads
    Replies: 602
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
  4. Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3
    By wfgodot in forum Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads
    Replies: 590
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
  5. Replies: 671
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •