974 users online (131 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Tuskegee, WhtMale 24UMAL, 20-25, off I-85, paint-spattered shoes, Jan'77

Hi there, please move to the appropriate place if there already is a thread about this man.

Unidentified White Male

Discovered on January 14, 1977 in Macon County, Alabama.
    Estimated Date of Death: 16 months prior to discovery
    Cause of death is unknown due to skeletal remains.
    Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20 - 25 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9 - 6'0"; 135 - 155 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair; 3 - 4 inches in length.
    Dentals: He had a partial upper denture and a prosthetic upper right lateral incisor tooth. Dental records are available.
    Clothing: He was wearing blue jeans with pockets in the front only and with three brass-colored buttons on the front waistband which spelled out Faded Glory. He was also wearing a a grayish pullover sweater with a round collar and 3/4 length sleeves; blue socks; and brown Oxford-style shoes, size 8 1/2 - 9. His shoes had visible splatters of paint on them. His pockets had no belongings.
    Case History
    The victim was located near I-85 on Wire Road in Macon County, AL. He was found sitting under a tree about 103 feet from the roadway. Police believe the man may have died from a snake bite or had a heart attack while sitting under the tree. There was no blood on his clothes or markings on the bones to indicate foul play. Police believe that the man may have been waiting for a ride.

I was thinking a possibility might be Kyle Clinkscales. He fits the stats and was also on the way to university in Alabama. Of course the current theory of what happened to him would have to be wrong.

Case File 797DMGA

Left: Clinkscales, circa 1976; Right: Progressed to age 56 (circa 2010)

Kyle Wade Clinkscales
    Missing since January 27, 1976 from LaGrange, Troup County, Georgia.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 2, 1953
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 155 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Hazel eyes; brown hair.
    Marks, Scars: Previous fracture to ring finger. He may have a mustache.
    Clothing: Denim jacket (possibly suede), multicolored blue shirt white tie and denim pants.
    Vehicle: 2-door, white 1974 Pinto Runabout with GA License number CEF-717.
    Dentals: Available.
    DNA: Available
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Clinkscales was last seen at the "Moose Club" in LaGrange, GA, where he worked as a bartender. He left the club to return to Auburn University but never arrived.
    His vehicle is also missing and is described as a 2-door, white 1974 Pinto Runabout with GA License number CEF-717.
    On April 13, 2005, a LaGrange, Georgia man was charged in connection with the disappearance of Kyle Clinkscales. A witness said that the suspect was at the property of an auto salvage owner who owned property nearby, and helped him move Clinkscales' body. The suspect confessed to helping move the body, but didn't confess to killing the Clinkscales.
    Investigators think the suspects might have buried a 55-gallon drum with Clinkscales inside. Investigators also dug on the suspect's property in 1996, but found nothing.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-28-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: inserted links

Chicago burbs
    Link for the UID?

There is no link for the UID so hard to determine if a thread already exists.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Who Dat Nation
    Rcoope23, I inserted the links in your post.

The sketches look familiar. I think he's been mentioned in other cases. But a search didn't show an existing thread, so we can keep this one.

Doe Case File 24UMAL

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

Thanks Bessie. I have really crappy net at the moment so my net kept on cutting out and logging me out before I could add the links. He seems to be a fairly handsome man. Surely someone is missing him.

Long Beach, CA
    He isn't in NamUs. The area where he was found looks like it is roughly halfway between Tuskegee and Auburn. http://binged.it/1JqCPmL There's a truck stop at the Wire Road exit (Exit 42) now http://torch85autotruckplaza.com/ yet I don't know what was there in 1977. I wonder how the coroner determined that his death was accidental that happened at the scene and not something like an overdose and his "friends" dumped the body rather than summon medical help?

It would be unusual, I would think, for a man this young to have a heart attack. Snake bite maybe but would he have been sitting peacefully up against a tree after a snake bite?

He may have been a transient, traveling through the area doing work. I'm thinking of the paint splatters on his shoes. He could have been hitching rides from place to place.

He was also quite young to have that many false teeth so I'm thinking he didn't have much dental care in his younger days, maybe due to parental neglect/poverty or even drug use. I suppose the length of time he was deceased affected the inability to determine cause of death like from alcohol or drug poisoning.