WI - Packers fan strangles daughter during loss to Chiefs

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
But at least the child didn't die, so still some reason to be glad.

Irate Green Bay Packers fan charged with strangling daughter (sheboyganpress.com)
APPLETON — Police say a drunken woman strangled her 11-year-old daughter on Sunday after becoming angered by the Green Bay Packers game.

The 36-year-old Grand Chute woman was charged Monday in Outagamie County Court with felony child abuse and misdemeanor counts of bail jumping and disorderly conduct.

Police were called about 8:15 p.m. Sunday to a Grand Chute hotel where the girl told police her mother grabbed her by the neck during the football game. The woman was drinking alcohol and became upset because the team was losing.
---
The woman’s husband told police she also threw her dinner on the floor, broke a lamp and attempted to punch him in the face because she was upset about the game, which marked the Packers’ first loss in 14 games this season.
---
more at link above

I am not a Packers fan. I was glad the Chiefs won even tough it was kind of a fluke. Crazy woman, it's just a game FGS!

I'm glad she wasn't a Rams fan . . . crazy woman! Her husband needs to leave her in the pokey for awhile (IMHO)

Im a die hard Packers fan and cannot imagine being that upset over a game. It's a shame that people like that give sports fans a bad name.

Sadly enough... this is why I refuse to go over to certain family member's houses while games are on.

I went up in the pouring rain at 2am to meet my team when they came back into town... but I've never gotten that angry about a loss.

I do have family members who could easily get violent during a game... and we won't go during a game.
I don't care if it's the one time that year we will see them... it's not negotiable because they won't miss the game.

What was the point spread on that game?

Lunatic! Then again ummmm people wear cheese on their heads.

Thankfully my mom don't drink, but back in the day she may have strangled us if her Cowboys lost.

There's no excuse at all for choking a child. This little girl was 11 years old. I'm wondering if maybe she hadn't interupted mama's game a few times?

It's seriously sad. I remember we'd pray for the Cowboy's to win because my dad would be miffed for a week. No violence thank heavens but hitting him up for loot after a loss never went real well.

Thankfully my mom don't drink, but back in the day she may have strangled us if her Cowboys lost.

There's no excuse at all for choking a child. This little girl was 11 years old. I'm wondering if maybe she hadn't interupted mama's game a few times?

It's seriously sad. I remember we'd pray for the Cowboy's to win because my dad would be miffed for a week. No violence thank heavens but hitting him up for loot after a loss never went real well.

Point spread was 14.5 for the Packers But KC beat tem straight up 19-14

ummm, she needs to go to AA I think

Maybe the girl wasnt doing anything wrong and didn't expect her mother to ask if she wanted to die 3 times before shoving her down in a chair and choking her almost to her death.

I did not get in the way of my mom watching the game that day. I was sitting there watching it just like everyone else.

Hi Mindy,
I am very sorry that this happened to you. Things can get confusing sometimes but stay strong and know that you are not responsible for your Mothers actions. EVER! She is a grown up that made a bad decision under the influence of alcohol. Please don't take what you read personally, we are a judgemental group that have heard some terrible things over the years.
Wishing you a bright future.
And welcome to Websleuths!:wagon:

Welcome Mindy! Thank you for clarifying. hope you are doing well nowadays! :)

Hi Mindy,
I am very sorry that this happened to you. Things can get confusing sometimes but stay strong and know that you are not responsible for your Mothers actions. EVER! She is a grown up that made a bad decision under the influence of alcohol. Please don't take what you read personally, we are a judgemental group that have heard some terrible things over the years.
Wishing you a bright future.
And welcome to Websleuths!:wagon:

I have read every comment and story that has been posted and I even laugh at some of them myself. Things are great now. My mom and stepfather are out of the picture because I no longer live with them because of the dangerous conditions.

Hi Mindy. God bless you. You are one of the lucky ones. So many hurt children here at Websleuths over the years....

Seeing your postings here bring me joy. I wish you a Brite, happy, wonderful life. You never deserved to have a mother like that. Go forth girl, you rock.❤️

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress