Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: CANADA - Dungeon discovered in Pickering (Ontario) farmhouse

White appeared March 12 and was remanded to tomorrow, March 19:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...ins-in-custody

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

I was thinking about " confinement rooms" when I remembered this coldcase from Montreal. Sharon Prior age 16, was abducted near her home and held captive for days before her brutalized body was found in a rural area.
    Since this happened in March 1975,I would not be surprised if the perp moved...
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39937"]Sharron Prior Murdered/1975 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    I was thinking about " confinement rooms" when I remembered this coldcase from Montreal. Sharon Prior age 16, was abducted near her home and held captive for days before her brutalized body was found in a rural area.
    Since this happened in March 1975,I would not be surprised if the perp moved...
    Sharron Prior Murdered/1975 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    White is 44, so would have only been 7 years old back then.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks SillyBilly, I got excited hoping for a connection, as I am still hoping that the Sharon Prior case is looked at again.I mean this sweet girl was held for 4 days before being dumped and she was still alive before her brutally beaten body was found 20 hours later.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ment-room.html

In a separate matter, CBC News has obtained court documents that say White's wife of 10 months left him the day police arrived at their Oshawa home with a search warrant. She filed for divorce a few days later on Jan. 30.

In her application she said she began experiencing "emotional and verbal abuse" last summer. The document also mentioned that she moved to a shelter for fear her husband might hurt her or her daughter.
    My guess he was going to kidnap either his wife or the step=-daughter. good god, how horrible.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:

If she "left him" the day police arrived it seems she had returned to live with him after she had been in a shelter. Why would he kidnap someone he was already living with (unless she had threatened to leave again)???

IMO, the publication ban on who he planned to kidnap is curious.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Due to a publication ban CBC News cannot say whom it was police believe White intended to kidnap.

"The room itself was intended to an adult known to the accused," Sgt. Nancy Van Rooy of the Durham regional police said
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ment-room.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

OSHAWA -- A man accused of attempted kidnapping after a confinement room was found in a north Pickering house remains behind bars.
    Robert Edwin White, 44, was remanded Monday morning following a brief court appearance by video link.

He's to appear in court, again by video link, on Monday, March 19.

Mr. White has also been charged with break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence.
    http://www.durhamregion.com/news/cri...ins-in-custody
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

"Adult known to the accused" rules out the wife's pre-teen daughter. Maybe the publication ban is in place solely to protect the identity of the young girl.

The couple had married only 10 months prior to his arrest, so in that short time the wife had been in a shelter and returned to him.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Updates?

Any updates on this case yet?

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tilmylastbreath For This Useful Post:

White, 44, pleaded guilty to a charge of break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence. He remains in custody pending a sentencing hearing.
    He admitted that he wanted to kidnap the friend of his ex-wife who was helping her emotionally and financially after she left him. What a freak. I hope he gets the maximum sentence. JMO

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...n-in-farmhouse

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Intended prisoner ‘haunted’ by thoughts of Pickering farmhouse dungeon

According to an agreed statement of facts, White built the dungeon in order to confine Armstrong, who took in his ex-wife Patricia Gallagher after the couple’s separation.

In her statement, Armstrong said she only learned last week that the meticulously-planned dungeon, with its steel chains and multiple locks, was intended for her all along.

“Like everyone else, I had seen the photos splashed across the newspapers and Internet (but) I didn’t fully learn of their significance to me until last Wednesday,” she said.

“Since then, those same photos have been running through my mind constantly,” she continued. “They fill me with such horror that I feel physically ill.”
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...mhouse-dungeon

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post

White said he felt he was acting in the best interest of his children by freeing them from what he believed was a “bondage situation.”
    Huh???
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Huh???
    He's a nutcase. Good choice of words. NOT.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

No doubt! I can't imagine! It's freaked me out since they found it. I would'nt want him to ever get out if I was her.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TobyWong* For This Useful Post:

You're right ~n/t~, this is more than just a nut case.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/photo-gall...hotos-1.949977

Let's see, chains, cemented-in windows, cemented in doors, bolt locks, etc. And for this the guy is going to get 2 years at most.

I understand he didn't actually do anything, but it is still infuriating. This guy is a danger. Imagine how his ex-wives and his planned victim will feel when he gets out!
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

He admitted that he wanted to kidnap the friend of his ex-wife who was helping her emotionally and financially after she left him. What a freak. I hope he gets the maximum sentence. JMO

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...n-in-farmhouse

What a laugh.

All the Crown is asking is for 2 years less a day which will be served in a provincial facility.

He would be eligible for parole after serving 1 /3 of his sentence.

He would also be eligible for release after serving 2/3 of his sentence.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    What a laugh.

All the Crown is asking is for 2 years less a day which will be served in a provincial facility.

He would be eligible for parole after serving 1 /3 of his sentence.

He would also be eligible for release after serving 2/3 of his sentence.
    Sickening!

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Sickening!
    Exactly,its not as tho he was going to just sit the woman down and lecture her!.
    I really think this woman had she been kidnapped would have been severely tortured and repeatedly raped.And if she died i dont think he would stop at just her.Especially the way the chains are placed.
    I dunno,thats a hella lot of work gone into the construction of this bunker for just one go if you know what i mean.
    And at the age he is i doubt this would be his first time..

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ScotsPaddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsPaddy View Post
    Exactly,its not as tho he was going to just sit the woman down and lecture her!.
    I really think this woman had she been kidnapped would have been severely tortured and repeatedly raped.And if she died i dont think he would stop at just her.Especially the way the chains are placed.
    I dunno,thats a hella lot of work gone into the construction of this bunker for just one go if you know what i mean.
    And at the age he is i doubt this would be his first time..
    I agree. No doubt he would have done the same with her children.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

If they count the time he has been in custody then he would be eligible for parole about the same time he gets sentenced next month..

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

Star Exclusive: Pickering dungeon builder Robert White explains his motivations

In an exclusive 30-minute interview, White said he has finally learned, with devastating clarity, about the man he used to be. And that former self — a bitter soul driven by a misplaced anger and suppressed pain — is gone, he insisted.

Much of his bitterness came from the ruins of his marriage, he said. He once tried to build a family. When that crumbled, he began to build a dungeon.
    much more at the link

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...is-motivations

This guy is scary and in my opinion should never be let out of prison. I think the next time, he will succeed. I don't believe prison changed him to a better person. No way.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I feel really bad for the women and children in this case. This is just terrible.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

This guy could be out in a month or immediately.
    It is difficult to reconcile the many sides of Robert White. He is a devout Mormon who has admitted to soliciting prostitutes. His parents describe him as a loving father but the courts have found reason to deny him custody of his two children. He claims to have been a loving and caring husband; his ex-wife, however, accuses him of being an abuser.

White — a balding man with narrow shoulders and a hangdog posture — describes himself as a coward.

“I have had low self-esteem my whole life. I have been a coward my whole life,” he says, leaning forward in his chair. “I have taken my pain and buried it here” — he gestures at his heart — “and it has turned into bitterness.”

White was born in the Parry Sound area and moved to Toronto in 1995, where he joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...is-motivations

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

I'm worried he will kill his ex-wife or her friend. You can't put so much time, effort and energy (NEGATIVE energy) into building a torture dungeon and just fluff that off. He has a history of anger management. Get these women into a protection program or this will end up very badly. JMO

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast