852 users online (113 members and 739 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Man's life savings stolen after daughter leads friends to it

IMO, the Daughter should be charged for planning this. I guess he's lucky they didn't kill him for it. I love how the article ends with sub for santa. In the below article are mugshots of the nine losers.

Man's life savings stolen after daughter leads friends to it

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=18580581&nid=148

In a closet inside Gary Turley's West Bountiful home, an empty spot now shows where his most valued material possession used to sit. It was a safe, containing nearly $200,000 in cash — he thought was safer there than in a bank.

"It was my life savings," Turley said. "I had stuff from my grandpa, who's dead now: his pocket watch, stuff like that. My Social Security cards, Visas, passports, birth certificates, checking — everything to do with my checking (was in the safe)."How it disappeared is almost worse that losing it in the first place.

Another more in depth article:

Utah safe-heist caper played out like a movie, police say

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...heist.html.csp

(snip)
    Turley, a 52-year-old independent business owner who distrusts banks, had thought his life-savings would be secure inside a large, heavy floor safe hidden in the depths of his West Bountiful home. Over the course of 20 years, Turley had carefully saved his pennies, which slowly grew into a giant nest egg that was supposed to pay off his mortgage and leave a little left over.

DD may have backed out on the deal. But she really scr****** herself. Not only did they get the money she probably would have later inherited, she po'd her Dad and I very much doubt that she will ever be able to expect much help from him.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight