Wal-Mart pulls formula after Mo. baby's death

Dark Knight

Reaction score
LEBANON, Mo. (AP) — Wal-Mart has pulled a batch of powdered infant formula from its stores nationwide after a newborn Missouri boy who was given the formula became gravely ill with a suspected bacterial infection and died after being taken off life support, the retailer said Wednesday.

No government recall had been ordered for the 12.5-ounce cans of Enfamil Newborn powder with the lot number ZP1J7G. Manufacturer Mead Johnson Nutrition said its records showed the lot tested negative for the bacterium before it was shipped.

http://news.yahoo.com/wal-mart-pulls-formula-mo-babys-death-014357466.html

Since no other reports have came up of other babies getting sick I wonder if this bacteria could form in bottles of old formula or bottles that weren't washed out well?

How heartbreaking. :(

Those poor parents....

How is it not a one time incident? Both articles are about the same case, same lot number, and the same one child that died, tragically.

If it really was tested at the factory, I wonder if it could have mishandled during storage or transport? I don't know about the way rare bacteriums grow and move, so I've got no idea how this could have happened.

I'm a little nervous because my youngest uses an Enfamil brand, but not Newborn, he's on Nutramigen, and it's not as easy as not using that brand. It is the only thing that his stomach doesn't reject immediately and violently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back