Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,561

    PA Newborn Baby Found In Box On Street

    Baby girl is doing just fine!

    Two men cleaning the street found a box that was left in front of a Daycare Center. Inside was baby girl wrapped in various items of clothing. Police are looking for her mother.




    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...elphia-street/



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,271
    I wonder how far this was from the nearest hospital/doctors office...there are beds right by the doors in hospitals here that are available to put babies in...why a box...baby could have died...
    Sitting. on. hands.



  3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mamabear1963 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    So thankful the baby is okay......
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

    In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.


  5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,381
    Hoping mom, or whoever put her there, knew that the daycare would soon open? Still, so many safer places she could have been left...won't most daycare centers have cameras? Maybe she knew hospitals, etc. would but did not think of it for a daycare place.
    Just my opinion, of course.


  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34,896
    At least it wasn't a garbage bag in a dumpster.She was making an effort at least.



  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,133
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    At least it wasn't a garbage bag in a dumpster.She was making an effort at least.
    I agree and whoever it was didn't report her baby as abducted all the while knowing where it was.
    Really glad little one was found safely
    England's dancing days are done...


  10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,968
    This mother wont be protected under the safe haven laws. Even though she might have thought the day care fell under that protection.

    So when they charge her for doing this ,woman and girls wont trust the safe haven laws.

    Safe haven laws should be taught to students in sex ed. That way at least they know.


  12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,797
    So thankful this little one is safe - and will have a future. I bet potentially adoptive parents are standing in line for this pumpkin!


  14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,695
    There should be a list of safe haven locations and rules organized state by state. THen we should put the link for that website on a tiny slip of paper all by itself, and it should be mandatory that all makers of home pregnancy tests insert these slips into their packages with the test...

    Some mothers would still choose to abandon, as opposed to seeking a safe haven, but if it saves one, it saves one.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.



  16. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    There should be a list of safe haven locations and rules organized state by state. THen we should put the link for that website on a tiny slip of paper all by itself, and it should be mandatory that all makers of home pregnancy tests insert these slips into their packages with the test...

    Some mothers would still choose to abandon, as opposed to seeking a safe haven, but if it saves one, it saves one.
    What a WONDERFUL idea!!!!!!


  17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear1963 View Post
    I wonder how far this was from the nearest hospital/doctors office...there are beds right by the doors in hospitals here that are available to put babies in...why a box...baby could have died...
    A comment under the news article I read said there is a fire station right down the street. I have no way of knowing if it is true but I'm assuming because the poster was upset that the mother dropped her near this preschool rather than the fire station.


  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    There should be a list of safe haven locations and rules organized state by state. THen we should put the link for that website on a tiny slip of paper all by itself, and it should be mandatory that all makers of home pregnancy tests insert these slips into their packages with the test...

    Some mothers would still choose to abandon, as opposed to seeking a safe haven, but if it saves one, it saves one.
    BEM: ...and my address


  21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,798
    I really hope they never find this mother. Cause they (DCFS) are starting to talk how their primary goal is re-unification. Give me a break already.
    Just my opinion


  23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,798
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    At least it wasn't a garbage bag in a dumpster.She was making an effort at least.

    It was close to pile of trash and could have been mistaken for it and thrown out. In fact the worker was dragging it to another pile of trash and heard a noise coming from the inside. If that guy didn't hear the baby making noise the baby could have been on its way to dumpster.

    "The infant was found on Wednesday in a cardboard box in front of a church. The box was dangerously close to a pile of trash bags and a telephone pole."
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...usly-survives/
    Just my opinion


  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,561
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    It was close to pile of trash and could have been mistaken for it and thrown out. In fact the worker was dragging it to another pile of trash and heard a noise coming from the inside. If that guy didn't hear the baby making noise the baby could have been on its way to dumpster.

    "The infant was found on Wednesday in a cardboard box in front of a church. The box was dangerously close to a pile of trash bags and a telephone pole."
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...usly-survives/
    Not that it makes much of a difference but this adorable infant was not found in front of the Church. Mr. Keller works for a Church who owns properties on that block. He did knock on the door of the Daycare to be told it was not one of their babies.


    http://articles.philly.com/2011-12-2...good-condition


  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Newborn baby found in cave
    By noZme in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
  2. AZ/TX - Newborn's body found in box shipped from Ariz. to Texas
    By Joe Friday in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
  3. NM- Baby's remains found in box in New Mexico lot
    By momtective in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Abadoned newborn found in box in Ocala, baby ok!
    By lisalei321 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM
  5. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •