Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA Newborn Baby Found In Box On Street

PA Newborn Baby Found In Box On Street

Baby girl is doing just fine!

Two men cleaning the street found a box that was left in front of a Daycare Center. Inside was baby girl wrapped in various items of clothing. Police are looking for her mother.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...elphia-street/

I wonder how far this was from the nearest hospital/doctors office...there are beds right by the doors in hospitals here that are available to put babies in...why a box...baby could have died...
    Sitting. on. hands.

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mamabear1963 For This Useful Post:

So thankful the baby is okay......
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

Hoping mom, or whoever put her there, knew that the daycare would soon open? Still, so many safer places she could have been left...won't most daycare centers have cameras? Maybe she knew hospitals, etc. would but did not think of it for a daycare place.
    Just my opinion, of course.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

At least it wasn't a garbage bag in a dumpster.She was making an effort at least.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    At least it wasn't a garbage bag in a dumpster.She was making an effort at least.
    I agree and whoever it was didn't report her baby as abducted all the while knowing where it was.
    Really glad little one was found safely
    England's dancing days are done...

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

This mother wont be protected under the safe haven laws. Even though she might have thought the day care fell under that protection.

So when they charge her for doing this ,woman and girls wont trust the safe haven laws.

Safe haven laws should be taught to students in sex ed. That way at least they know.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

So thankful this little one is safe - and will have a future. I bet potentially adoptive parents are standing in line for this pumpkin!

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

There should be a list of safe haven locations and rules organized state by state. THen we should put the link for that website on a tiny slip of paper all by itself, and it should be mandatory that all makers of home pregnancy tests insert these slips into their packages with the test...

Some mothers would still choose to abandon, as opposed to seeking a safe haven, but if it saves one, it saves one.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    There should be a list of safe haven locations and rules organized state by state. THen we should put the link for that website on a tiny slip of paper all by itself, and it should be mandatory that all makers of home pregnancy tests insert these slips into their packages with the test...

Some mothers would still choose to abandon, as opposed to seeking a safe haven, but if it saves one, it saves one.
    What a WONDERFUL idea!!!!!!

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear1963 View Post
    I wonder how far this was from the nearest hospital/doctors office...there are beds right by the doors in hospitals here that are available to put babies in...why a box...baby could have died...
    A comment under the news article I read said there is a fire station right down the street. I have no way of knowing if it is true but I'm assuming because the poster was upset that the mother dropped her near this preschool rather than the fire station.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post

BEM: ...and my address

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

I really hope they never find this mother. Cause they (DCFS) are starting to talk how their primary goal is re-unification. Give me a break already.
    Just my opinion

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post

It was close to pile of trash and could have been mistaken for it and thrown out. In fact the worker was dragging it to another pile of trash and heard a noise coming from the inside. If that guy didn't hear the baby making noise the baby could have been on its way to dumpster.

"The infant was found on Wednesday in a cardboard box in front of a church. The box was dangerously close to a pile of trash bags and a telephone pole."
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...usly-survives/
    Just my opinion

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    It was close to pile of trash and could have been mistaken for it and thrown out. In fact the worker was dragging it to another pile of trash and heard a noise coming from the inside. If that guy didn't hear the baby making noise the baby could have been on its way to dumpster.

"The infant was found on Wednesday in a cardboard box in front of a church. The box was dangerously close to a pile of trash bags and a telephone pole."
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...usly-survives/
    Not that it makes much of a difference but this adorable infant was not found in front of the Church. Mr. Keller works for a Church who owns properties on that block. He did knock on the door of the Daycare to be told it was not one of their babies.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-12-2...good-condition

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

jjenny, I think this may be one of the first times I agree with you, LOL. I'm all for putting a family back together when it is better for the kids and the parents. This woman left her baby in a cardboard box, perilously close to a trash bin. It seems to me that she made a back up plan to get rid of the body and just in case the cold didn't finish little one off, the compactor would. Stray cats do much better than that. There's no bond there, there's no best interest of the child being considered, the word reunification shouldn't even be uttered when a mother makes a choice like that.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I really hope they never find this mother. Cause they (DCFS) are starting to talk how their primary goal is re-unification. Give me a break already.

Sad but apparently true. There is an ongoing custody case in the Chicago suburbs about a mother who abandoned her son, discarded him in some bushes behind a garage in 2009, who has been fighting to regain custody of him.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/712159652/

(There are several more articles found under bio moms name.)

Any parent who discards a newborn to die, should not ever be given a second chance. It amazes me this case in Wheaton, IL is still on going without resolution.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I like the safe haven laws-I just wish more girls knew about them. I know they cover sex Ed in many schools but I don't know that this is covered. My daughter is 19 and knows about it because she follows these cases, but says it was not mentioned in school.
    I can imagine many parents would not want this covered, for whatever reason. But the REALITY is that these girls/women are having these babies and dumping them. My daughter said that if it happened to her she would definitely take advantage of this law if she was someone who really had no emotional support from anyone or if she was afraid of her parents.
    The alternative is so much worse-a dead baby and a young girls life ruined.
    I known there are those who think teaching abstinence is a great idea, but in most of these cases we are talking about kids. It isn't realistic. Kids are impulsive by nature and can't yet 'see around corners'. I just don't get why some parents can't see this.
    This link is very interesting-Infanticide cases from England from the 1600's to 1900.
    http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/searc...&submit=Search
    Just to show these things have been happening forever-even when premarital sex was MUCH more frowned upon(to put it mildly)than it is today. Yet it still happened.
    Evil don't look like anything...

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

Smile Baby Shower

Pretty phreakin phabulous IMO.

Kiesha Browning was paying it forward and decided to throw a baby shower for baby Noel. Browning who had the Blessing of having someone pay off her layaway and hitting a school raffle for $250.00 decided to throw a shower for lil Noel.

People came not only from the neighborhood, but from across the city and even as far as Wildwood, New Jersey. Cakes were donated. Photography was donated.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8483962

Filly don't tear up too easily anymore, but when I heard this last night and read it I got all misty eyed. We do have some phenomenal people here in Philly. Plus Noel has brought Blessings to more children as she's been receiving so much that other children at DHS will benefit from the kindness of strangers.

That baby is too A-DOR-ABLE!

Thanks to Ms. Browning and all the other kind souls out there that care.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Why would someone leave a newborn on the street in a box when there are Safe Haven laws?

There's the million dollar question.

Please know I am not condoning anyone dumping a newborn in a box by trash. I'm just asking why? Why?

We do not know if this is a young mother. We don't even know if it's the mother who left the baby. This can be any female who for a number of reasons left this baby discarded or someone else did. Cultural beliefs? Frightened? Addict? Or just some callous wench who had no need for no infant? I do not believe whoever left this baby there wanted it dead. God forbid that would have been easy enough to do before leaving her.

Thank goodness this turned out like it did. Miraculous. Now where's the person who delivered this gorgeous little girl?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

I have two kids, a boy and a girl. They didn't learn about safe haven at school either. I talked to both of the and told them. Even my son, because there was always a chance that he could know of someone getting pregnant.

I'd like to see posters about safe haven laws in all hospitals, doctors offices and post offices as well as public buildings.

But from what I have seen on here it isn't the teens who abandon their kids on the street or try to sell them. Though they are often the ones who kill them at birth. The ones selling are usually older and addicts. The ones who abandon are between teen and the addict age. They are sometimes parents of other kids. Sometimes mental health problems, all with little emotional support.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post

Kiesha Browning was paying it forward and decided to throw a baby shower for baby Noel. Browning who had the Blessing of having someone pay off her layaway and hitting a school raffle for $250.00 decided to throw a shower for lil Noel.

People came not only from the neighborhood, but from across the city and even as far as Wildwood, New Jersey. Cakes were donated. Photography was donated.

Filly don't tear up too easily anymore, but when I heard this last night and read it I got all misty eyed. We do have some phenomenal people here in Philly. Plus Noel has brought Blessings to more children as she's been receiving so much that other children at DHS will benefit from the kindness of strangers.

Very special. Both the baby and the people who decided to shower her with gifts. It is inevitable that someday this child will learn how it was abandoned at birth. I just hope that when the child learns that, that it will also be told about how the community welcomed her to the world and gives her the pictures.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

40. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

This makes me wonder....
    Is the woman who gave birth to baby Noel seeing this as well?

Is she wondering what it would have been like...
    What would it have been like, to have a baby shower...
    To be taking care of and holding that baby?

I wonder if she cares?
    I hope she does...

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post

I think the mom did good.

Do you realize how many ppeople come an go from the hospital? Yhis
    mom didnn't want people seeing her.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to 1000Sparks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 1000Sparks View Post
    Do you realize how many ppeople come an go from the hospital? Yhis
    mom didnn't want people seeing her.
    Sparky!! So great to see you Sorry for the OT - just saw your name and had to pop in. I'll read the story now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast