1096 users online (215 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Roy Kronk Suing Casey Anthony

Roy Kronk Suing Casey Anthony For Defamation

Kronk is suing for damages in excess of $15,000.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...64/detail.html

"If Casey Anthony's story is true that Caylee Anthony drowned in the family swimming pool on June 16, 2008, then she knew that the statements she authorized and permitted her agents to publish were false. In an attempt to find someone other than herself to blame for the tragic death of her child, Casey Anthony authorized and permitted her attorneys, as her agents, to make false and malicious statements against Kronk, and to portray him as the murderer of her child. Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, refused to retract the statements about Kronk, and when confronted with whether she was going to withdraw the defamatory statements, Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, responded the statements were not false, and that the statements would stand," the lawsuit reads.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/Sea...=Orange+County

Link to Orange County Clerk Website
    In the Party Information enter...Kronk, Roy

I have not come across any website that has posted the civil lawsuit filing...the media reports say it's 6 pages in length

"There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/201...roy-kronk.html

"..the privilege typically doesn't extend to statements made outside the courtroom. Attorneys and defendants that discuss the case with the media may accidentally run afoul of defamation law. They may find themselves on the other end of a civil lawsuit.

So if Kronk argues that statements made during the trial were defamatory, he will likely lose. If he argues that statements made outside of the trial harmed his reputation, it's possible that he could prevail."

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Thanks for this thread Intermezzo. It's certainly going to be interesting going back over the old threads to determine exactly who said what to who.
    Seems from what you have dug up already that Mr Kronk may well have a good case here.
    The $15,000 is some sort of mark or limit, I remember it being discussed elsewhere but can't remember precisely what it was. IIRC 'in excess of $15,000' can mean a million.
    fall seven times ... get up eight
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Go for it, Roy! Sadly, I don't believe anyone suing her will ever see a dime, but I like the idea that she's being pursued by a virtual tsunami of lawsuits.
    Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jane the dood View Post
    Go for it, Roy! Sadly, I don't believe anyone suing her will ever see a dime, but I like the idea that she's being pursued by a virtual tsunami of lawsuits.
    The interesting thing and common factor with all these suits, regardless of the outcome, is that either way she is proven a liar. She's fast coming to the end of her final hallway.
    Last edited by Well Done 99; 12-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    fall seven times ... get up eight
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiE-8ewEOq0&feature=related"]Allegations Against Roy Kronk and MORE - YouTube[/ame]

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

I don't like a lot of law suits...but you know..this one is making me smile.

If nothing else, she won't have peace...
    Sitting. on. hands.

I'll bring this over from the sidebar:

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/201...aylee-anthony/

Maggie Rodriguez: “Do you believe that there is just as much evidence incriminating Roy Kronk as there is against Casey?”

Linda Kenney Baden: “Absolutely. I mean you have seen the video tapes now, the interviews of the two ex-wives with the son. These people have no motive or reason to lie. I mean…”
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_sLhcLQ9g"]Attorney on Caylee Case Suspect - YouTube[/ame]

I am thinking that all those media appearances are going to come back and
    Sitting. on. hands.

she'll just backtrack & say that she didn't authorize any of those statements

but I hope he wins TONS OF MONEY and that everyone's paychecks are a little bit lighter for years to come

can people claim bankruptcy to get out of lawsuits? I hope not

can he sue the attorneys?

That is what I would go for. Every one of them. That is what I would do! Definately.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    she'll just backtrack & say that she didn't authorize any of those statements

but I hope he wins TONS OF MONEY and that everyone's paychecks are a little bit lighter for years to come

can people claim bankruptcy to get out of lawsuits? I hope not
    She can backtrack all she wants. Attorneys spoke on her behalf many times over about this subject, and if they made these statements without her authorization they could be held liable. This lawsuit is going to rain on someone's parade, IMO.

ETA: She will plead the 5th again but so what--that's almost the equivalent to admission. But my hope is KC caves under the stress of legal action that just keeps coming. Who knows, maybe this suit is going to cause the inevitable rift between her and her DT.
    Last edited by krkrjx; 12-22-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: ETA

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/artic...laint-1221.pdf

Here is the pdf file of the actual document:

COMPLAINT AND DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

filed by Kronk.

Quote Originally Posted by jane the dood View Post
    Well, at least if she is paid for skanky stuff and interviews, the money will go to those who deserve it. That is worth the trouble of the lawsuit.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast