Roy Kronk suing Casey Anthony

Intermezzo

Reaction score
Roy Kronk Suing Casey Anthony For Defamation

Kronk is suing for damages in excess of $15,000.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/30048764/detail.html

"If Casey Anthony's story is true that Caylee Anthony drowned in the family swimming pool on June 16, 2008, then she knew that the statements she authorized and permitted her agents to publish were false. In an attempt to find someone other than herself to blame for the tragic death of her child, Casey Anthony authorized and permitted her attorneys, as her agents, to make false and malicious statements against Kronk, and to portray him as the murderer of her child. Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, refused to retract the statements about Kronk, and when confronted with whether she was going to withdraw the defamatory statements, Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, responded the statements were not false, and that the statements would stand," the lawsuit reads.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2011/12/casey-anthony-sued-for-defamation-by-roy-kronk.html

"..the privilege typically doesn't extend to statements made outside the courtroom. Attorneys and defendants that discuss the case with the media may accidentally run afoul of defamation law. They may find themselves on the other end of a civil lawsuit.

So if Kronk argues that statements made during the trial were defamatory, he will likely lose. If he argues that statements made outside of the trial harmed his reputation, it's possible that he could prevail."

Thanks for this thread Intermezzo. It's certainly going to be interesting going back over the old threads to determine exactly who said what to who.
Seems from what you have dug up already that Mr Kronk may well have a good case here.
The $15,000 is some sort of mark or limit, I remember it being discussed elsewhere but can't remember precisely what it was. IIRC 'in excess of $15,000' can mean a million.

Go for it, Roy! Sadly, I don't believe anyone suing her will ever see a dime, but I like the idea that she's being pursued by a virtual tsunami of lawsuits.

Go for it, Roy! Sadly, I don't believe anyone suing her will ever see a dime, but I like the idea that she's being pursued by a virtual tsunami of lawsuits.
The interesting thing and common factor with all these suits, regardless of the outcome, is that either way she is proven a liar. She's fast coming to the end of her final hallway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiE-8ewEOq0&feature=related"]Allegations Against Roy Kronk and MORE - YouTube[/ame]

I'll bring this over from the sidebar:

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/20...en-believe-roy-kronk-murdered-caylee-anthony/

Maggie Rodriguez: “Do you believe that there is just as much evidence incriminating Roy Kronk as there is against Casey?”

Linda Kenney Baden: “Absolutely. I mean you have seen the video tapes now, the interviews of the two ex-wives with the son. These people have no motive or reason to lie. I mean…”

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_sLhcLQ9g"]Attorney on Caylee Case Suspect - YouTube[/ame]

I am thinking that all those media appearances are going to come back and :croc::croc: :crazy:

she'll just backtrack & say that she didn't authorize any of those statements

but I hope he wins TONS OF MONEY and that everyone's paychecks are a little bit lighter for years to come

can people claim bankruptcy to get out of lawsuits? I hope not

That is what I would go for. Every one of them. That is what I would do! Definately.

but I hope he wins TONS OF MONEY and that everyone's paychecks are a little bit lighter for years to come

She can backtrack all she wants. Attorneys spoke on her behalf many times over about this subject, and if they made these statements without her authorization they could be held liable. This lawsuit is going to rain on someone's parade, IMO.

ETA: She will plead the 5th again but so what--that's almost the equivalent to admission. But my hope is KC caves under the stress of legal action that just keeps coming. Who knows, maybe this suit is going to cause the inevitable rift between her and her DT.

Well, at least if she is paid for skanky stuff and interviews, the money will go to those who deserve it. That is worth the trouble of the lawsuit. :)

Casey and her agents could have told their final "story" without naming anyone as a culprit IE: RK. The perp who "stole the remains" (yea right) could have easily remained nameless. They as a group chose to destroy RK and thus should all face their actions in court, and rightfully pay restitution to RK.

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/news2011/KronkvAnthonycivilcomplaint-1221.pdf

Here is the pdf file of the actual document:

COMPLAINT AND DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

filed by Kronk.

Oh please let him get a jury trial, but hopefully NOT another Pinellas jury. I know civil trials are different, but I will just lose it if another jury in a different case sides with Casey. I can't imagine WHY they would do that, but well, we all thought the criminal case would turn out differently...

I don't think bankruptcy would help her. I think any future wages would still be garnished. I know it won't help her with the IRS, and I'm pretty sure one of our lawyers on here said it wouldn't help for these cases either. About the only way she gets out of it is death, I would imagine.

Good for him. Honestly, I think he deserves a lot more than $15,000!

:floorlaugh:

Is there a class action lawsuit floating out there for US to sign to sue her, too? Is there an attorney willing to file one?

:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back