Identified! NC - Thomasville, Wht/HispMale UP9953, 20-30, Dec'11 - Name not found

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Police said the remains are that of a white male, between the ages of 20-30, about 5'4" to 5'6" and with short dark hair. The individual was wearing blue jean pants, a plain yellow t-shirt and black hooded sweatshirt. Officials said the victim died in late August or early September.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-sto...ed-about-human-remains-111221,0,5079699.story

The Thomasville Police Department has released more information concerning the human remains found Monday in the wooded area behind 500 Old Dominion Way, formerly Bassett Drive.

Thomasville Police also said in a news release Wednesday that officers responded to 909 Alice Drive on Tuesday afternoon in regard to a report of human remains found in a small wooded area. They said there is no indication that the discovery of these remains is related to the remains located Monday on Old Dominion Way.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20111221/NEWS/312219985

(While looking closer at these media releases, it looks like remains were found Monday and then more remains on Tuesday. Am I reading this right? :eek:)

The first body has still not been Identified. We can use all the help we can get. This is the information we have so far.
White or Hispanic Male
age 20-30 more likely mid 20's
5'4" to 5'6"
Dark hair
NO dental Restoration teeth in good shape
Yellow t-shirt
dark pull over Hoodie
white sketchers
Date of death Aug to late September

Please if anyone has any possibles match please turn them into the Thomasville Police Department or contact Clyde Gibbs at the ME office.

Robert is not missing any longer. He had been located safe. We are looking at a Charlotte case right now Daniel Garcia but it more or see may not be him.

Thanks
Betty

I told myself 3 times no probably not him, but figured it won't hurt anything by posting..I know the time frame may be couple months off, but what if Robert Hourihan ended up in NC? I tried to find his height, but to no avail. I know he was 33, but I remember reading never pass on a possibility if something is a "few" off.

I told myself 3 times no probably not him, but figured it won't hurt anything by posting..I know the time frame may be couple months off, but what if Robert Hourihan ended up in NC? I tried to find his height, but to no avail. I know he was 33, but I remember reading never pass on a possibility if something is a "few" off.

Robert is in NamUs he is 68-70" tall with red hair. John Doe is 64-65" with dark hair to black hair.

Thanks
Betty

I just can't believe that a mid-20's man is not missed by someone! I don't know a lot about time from death to found and what is still identifiable... but no tattoos/scars/etc, or too long deceased for that? I have been searching all afternoon - there has to be someone, somewhere!

I just can't believe that a mid-20's man is not missed by someone! I don't know a lot about time from death to found and what is still identifiable... but no tattoos/scars/etc, or too long deceased for that? I have been searching all afternoon - there has to be someone, somewhere!
I know I have working on it with the Lt. and we are amazed that there are just no possible matches to him. No one has came forward and no one has been reported missing in that area. Since it was near Interstate 85 he could of have been hitchhiking and was dropped off but who knows. :banghead:

Thanks For looking and keep an eye out for a late braking missing person.

Betty

Michael Wilkerson is 74" tall and 230 Lbs.

Thanks At least I will get him into NamUs. Please keep looking he is somebodies child.

Betty

Hi all. First off, I am new here and this is my first post. I've been a "lurker" for a while, only because I had a hard time registering. Please correct me if I post in a wrong manner. :blushing:

I was doing some research, and wondered could it be possible that this is Ted Siphal? The age is younger, but everything else looks like it matches up closely as far as physical description.

Ted Siphal went missing Sept 7, 2011 from Spartanburg, SC.
17 years old.
Not white or hispanic, but Asian or Pacific Islander.
63 inches.
130 lbs.
May travel to North Carolina.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/13996

Thanks for joining us, jbluesky, and welcome to Websleuths:

:welcome:

I guess it could be Ted. But as you say, his age is a little low and his ethnicity is off. His height is still a little bit low, but not too far off.

Usually these estimates of age (especially if under 21) and ethnicity are pretty accurate. But I've seen big errors on those before.

:eek:fftopic:
Just this week, DoeNetwork posted a resolved case in it's "resolved" section.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2236.html

The UID was described as a black male 50-60 years old and about 5'6" to 5'8" tall. He was recently identified as Michael Wayne Allan - a 44 year old white guy about 6 feet tall.

2961647840045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

I see nothing about his facial structure would seem to suggest that he was black.

But the trouble is that if you go on the premise that there might be an error on the age, height, and ethnicity, then you could justify submitting just about anyone. It's pretty difficult to get the authorities to act on a tip if your possible is off on multiple metrics.

The estimate that Michael Allan's remains were of a black male wouldn't have been based on his facial structure since the DN page indicates that UID was found without the skull.

Mr. Montano submitted as a possibility to the NamUs case manager. I will post if I hear anything back.

To: <redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: Case Report - NamUs UP # 9953

DNA will likely be the only means to compare this individual. The unidentified has DNA profile w/UNT. I've noticed, samples have been submitted there for Mr. Montano, so until those results are completed, if there is a match, I should be notified.

if the UID was an illegal immigrant it will be extremely difficult to find a DNA match with a living relative. they'd have to have a real name of the deceased and then track down relatives somewhere south of the border.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back